• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
8.7

1. Nov 29, 2010
    It is one of the best lawyer shows of the year. For a sophmore tv show, The Good Wife sure still satisfies viewers with Juliana Margulies's smooth delivery and drama in the courtroo. What a great year in television but opposite in movies.
  2. Mar 12, 2011
    The second season of the Good Wife delivers an even more cynical (and real) look at life and politics than the first season. The acting is fantastic and while not every case is the most interesting, the interactions between the characters and the mystery of their motivations more than makes up for any run-of-the-mill trial.
  3. Feb 21, 2012
    Season 2 of the Good Wife is a hugely unwieldy beast that starts and ends well. The middle is more hit-and-miss, but the huge pay-off in episodes 16-17 and 20-23 more than makes up for it. Despite the hype you may have heard, this show is still vastly underrated.
  4. Jan 1, 2011
    One of my mot favorite shows - the exemplary Julianna Margulies - crisp plotting, great stories and writing and Archie Punjabi, too. I look forward to every episode.
  5. Mar 13, 2011
    This is the only network show that I watch faithfully and look forward to every week. It is the best written show around and appeals to a more intellectual person which is why it isn't getting as high a rating as other 'dumbed' down comedy or reality shows. All the actors involved deliver great performances. It filled the old Judging Amy spot perfectly and deserves the awards it receives.This is the only network show that I watch faithfully and look forward to every week. It is the best written show around and appeals to a more intellectual person which is why it isn't getting as high a rating as other 'dumbed' down comedy or reality shows. All the actors involved deliver great performances. It filled the old Judging Amy spot perfectly and deserves the awards it receives. Why someone would give this show a 4 because of the types of stories it covers is ludicrous..it's not real life people!!! Alan Cummings was a good addition to the cast offering just the right blend of seriousness and humor at the same time. I hope this show continues on so there is something for those of us who hate reality or American Idol type shows. I missed Judging Amy all this time and now have found a suitable replacement. Thanks CBS!! Expand
  6. Feb 17, 2011
    I'm not a big fan of lawyer shows, but this is one of my favorite shows. Juliana Margulies is outstanding as is the entire support cast. Each episode is an excellent story and I look forward to each one.
  7. Aug 6, 2011
    Very good script and a very good show; the cast is excellent; and if you like lawyer shows, then this one is for you. There are always several stories or plot lines going on in one episode.
  8. Dec 30, 2011
    TGW is a top series not only because of the incredible acting of the whole cast but also because of the brilliant script and directing.I always become fascinated by the way things finally end up.I wish there was more than 10 I could give to such a magnificent tv series as the good wife!
  9. Feb 21, 2012
    I love this season so much! The first few episodes are amazing and it just gets better from there, almost without fail. Best Episodes: Cleaning House, Silly Season, Ham Sandwich, and In Sickness.
  10. Jul 8, 2014
    The appearances of Michael J. Fox, along with the cunning Patty Nyholm (Martha Plimpton) really help the show to upgrade itself. Julianna Margulies and Christine Baranski are definitely among my favorite female TV characters. However, I gotta admit that Archie Panjabi is the real scene-stealer throughout the show.
  11. Nov 1, 2014
    Can "The Good Wife" go on forever? It is as smart, dark, and emotive as cable. "The Good Wife" is a storm of fantastic acting and writing and wittiness. It can't not impress me.

1. Reviewed by: Linda Stasi
    Oct 26, 2010
    Verdict: guilty--of being a guilty pleasure.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Bianco
    Oct 21, 2010
    While it will no doubt settle back into its normal pattern, the first two episodes have been a bit busy--and a little light on the courtroom drama side of things.
  3. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Oct 20, 2010
    Like "Mad Men," Wife has an obsessive attention to detail; it's a hurricane of detail, in the visual touches, legal patter and the actors' unspoken flourishes. Nothing seems extraneous or out of place. Also like "Men," this show cares as much about silence as words, or that which isn't said (also a form of eloquence).