• Network: CBS
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
8.6

1. DCx
    Oct 1, 2012
    The Good Wife: Season 4 is starting to show symptoms of repetitiveness. While the fourth season has a solid new story line with the upcoming IL governorship election, the writers really need to start developing the major characters such as Kalinda to avoid having her just repeating same conflicts, same secrets just with different names.
  2. Nov 11, 2012
    This season is by far better than the already great previous ones. Not only are amazing actors constantly appearing as guest stars, but the plot is also constantly evolving and full of surprises.
  3. Oct 25, 2012
    Season 4 of The Good Wife is looking like it could be the best season yet! The terrific acting and writing puts it on par with the best shows cable has to offer. Probably the best cast on television right now.
  4. Jul 6, 2013
    With another 22 episodes, this time around I thought that the season lost it's direction mid-way through and I really started to wonder if the story is approaching it's natural conclusion. Peter's governor election campaign was similar to season two's campaign to take back his state's attorney seat. It was also mentioned this season that Eli has visions of leading Peter to state senator next. The drama of a political campaign has been played out well by The Good Wife through two seasons out of four now and it's time to focus on something else. Also, the Will and Alicia romance was only ever temporarily concluded in season three and it felt like re-treading old ground at times this season. The other major storyline of the season was Calinda's husband Nick arriving from her mysterious past. His thinly veiled hostility and desire to aggressively insert himself into Calinda's life was interesting to begin with, especially as Calinda's past has been a subject of interest, but it got old very quickly and brought a chunk of the season down.

Despite all the above, and maybe I'm being harsh because of the high regard I hold the show in, the show still features excellent guest stars (Nathan Lane, Michael J Fox and Christina Ricci) and the episodes Battle of the Proxies, Red Team/Blue Team and the finale What's In The Box made brilliant viewing. Special mention also to the writing of the character David Lee (Zach Grenier), who gets some fantastically cruel and sarcastic lines as usual. The season ended on a big cliffhanger with huge consequences for the show's central storyline and I look forward to the show's return.

Overall, some stagnation and repetitive story lines made for weaker moments in comparison with previous seasons but The Good Wife remains a solild TV show a cut above the norm.
  5. Oct 24, 2012
    This show, along with "Blue Bloods", are quite simply the best scripted shows on network TV. Meaning, the best written, the best directed, the best acted and the best produced drama out there. Hopefully, Kalinda will get rid of her ex, and revert back to her mysterious, sensual self again. Otherwise, this season is starting off right on track. These shows are not the flashiest or even the most exciting, but are solid quality television. Expand
  6. Jan 6, 2013
    Finally, a series for adults that is informative and entertaining, we learn a little about the world of justice and the politics, all against the backdrop of complicated love story.
    All the characters are interesting and not necessarily all white or all black.
    With Breaking Bad, it's one of the best series of the last years !
  7. Oct 29, 2012
    This season is fast be coming my favorite. It reminds me of season two. The witty writing, the quirky judges and the very likable characters all portray the story so well. This year the show seems to be moving away more from the format of case after case, episode after episode to focusing more on Alicia and co.'s personal life such as Peter's campaign, Lockheart and Gardner's bankruptcy and kalinda's husband which is a very welcome change. That said the cases are very compelling and varied as well. The Good Wife is scripted television at it's best! Expand
  8. Dec 10, 2012
    I really am starting to like this show. My wife started watching it and she got me interested in it. I really like the characters and the story line.
  9. Jun 14, 2013
    In its fourth season and still one of the best shows around. The cast is great, but I must say the introduction of Marc Warren as Calinda's hubby was a no no. The actor not only seemed miscast, the character also seemed somewhat redundant. Otherwise most episodes hit the mark. Meryl Streep's daughter, Mamie Gummer, also demonstrates that there is plenty of talent in her gene pool. I'm looking forward to the next series. Expand
  10. May 27, 2013
    The good wife is flat out the best television show on the broadcast networks. The fight to keep the firm alive is engrossing. The Alicia will, peter triangle never gets tired. the cases that are presented are topical and, and keep the viewers on edge their seats The motivations of the characters are never clear, which means the show keeps you guessing. The show does not treat the viewer as stupid, rather, as smart enough to understand what is going out with have to dumb it down. This is a rare find on network television to find such a well acted, and well scripted show Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Lee Wang
    Apr 8, 2013
    Even at its most desultory, when the show is happily proceeding through legal drama conventions or even high-concept schlock, the execution, from the writing to the acting, resonates with virtuosic polish.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 28, 2012
    They're delightful. [26 Nov 2012, p.48]
  3. Reviewed by: Leigh H. Edwards
    Oct 1, 2012
    This being The Good Wife, a show renowned for complicating what might seem obvious, Alicia's new position as a kind of moral compass leads to a new series of dilemmas. Some of these are predictably topical.