• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
8.6

1. Nov 11, 2012
    This season is by far better than the already great previous ones. Not only are amazing actors constantly appearing as guest stars, but the plot is also constantly evolving and full of surprises.
  2. Oct 25, 2012
    Season 4 of The Good Wife is looking like it could be the best season yet! The terrific acting and writing puts it on par with the best shows cable has to offer. Probably the best cast on television right now.
  3. Oct 24, 2012
    This show, along with "Blue Bloods", are quite simply the best scripted shows on network TV. Meaning, the best written, the best directed, the best acted and the best produced drama out there. Hopefully, Kalinda will get rid of her ex, and revert back to her mysterious, sensual self again. Otherwise, this season is starting off right on track. These shows are not the flashiest or even the most exciting, but are solid quality television. Expand
  4. Jan 6, 2013
    Finally, a series for adults that is informative and entertaining, we learn a little about the world of justice and the politics, all against the backdrop of complicated love story.
    All the characters are interesting and not necessarily all white or all black.
    With Breaking Bad, it's one of the best series of the last years !
  5. Oct 29, 2012
    This season is fast be coming my favorite. It reminds me of season two. The witty writing, the quirky judges and the very likable characters all portray the story so well. This year the show seems to be moving away more from the format of case after case, episode after episode to focusing more on Alicia and co.'s personal life such as Peter's campaign, Lockheart and Gardner's bankruptcy and kalinda's husband which is a very welcome change. That said the cases are very compelling and varied as well. The Good Wife is scripted television at it's best! Expand
  6. May 27, 2013
    The good wife is flat out the best television show on the broadcast networks. The fight to keep the firm alive is engrossing. The Alicia will, peter triangle never gets tired. the cases that are presented are topical and, and keep the viewers on edge their seats The motivations of the characters are never clear, which means the show keeps you guessing. The show does not treat the viewer as stupid, rather, as smart enough to understand what is going out with have to dumb it down. This is a rare find on network television to find such a well acted, and well scripted show Collapse
  7. Jul 8, 2014
    I was always worried that The Good Wife would fall into the same trap like other TV show with too much going on at the same time: lack of focus. But it all disappears with this season just showing how much this show can still develop, especially with all the characters. Carrie Preston is such an amazing actress and her portrayal of Elsbeth Tascioni really freshen up the entire picture. It's such a shame that she only appears in 2 to 3 episodes each season, but it's probably a good thing so we don't get bored too fast with her attractive quirkiness. Expand
  8. Dec 10, 2012
    I really am starting to like this show. My wife started watching it and she got me interested in it. I really like the characters and the story line.

1. Reviewed by: Lee Wang
    Apr 8, 2013
    Even at its most desultory, when the show is happily proceeding through legal drama conventions or even high-concept schlock, the execution, from the writing to the acting, resonates with virtuosic polish.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 28, 2012
    They're delightful. [26 Nov 2012, p.48]
  3. Reviewed by: Leigh H. Edwards
    Oct 1, 2012
    This being The Good Wife, a show renowned for complicating what might seem obvious, Alicia's new position as a kind of moral compass leads to a new series of dilemmas. Some of these are predictably topical.