The Good Wife : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8.8

1. TraciA
    Oct 10, 2009
    I am definitely hooked. Julianna plays her character very well. Any drama show, that has you chuckling, is a good show.
  2. FriedaW.
    Oct 5, 2009
    This show is excellent. I wouldn't miss it.
  3. kevinb.
    Oct 20, 2009
    Intoxicating series.
  4. StanS
    Nov 20, 2009
    I hope that it maintains the high standard set so far. It is great to see Peter Riegert rose from Delta House to court judge.
  5. VirgieP
    Nov 4, 2009
    Juliana Margolies is brilliant. She really knows the subtleties of acting. No chewing up the scenery for her, rather understated, nuanced acting. Bravo!!
  6. WillN
    Dec 1, 2009
    Considering the wealth of retried formulas and overwrought reality TV, this show is a breath of fresh air. Actors are given a good script and a chance to act. Bravo to Julianna on an outstanding week to week performance, kudos to the rest of the cast as well.
  7. Feb 2, 2011
    What could have been another standard network procedural is actually a fascinating and intelligent show about much more than a lawyer. Margulies, Charles, Baranski, and Panjabi are absolutely flawless in their roles, and the serialized drama is to die for. This is the best drama on network television.
  8. Nov 18, 2010
    Such a well written show! I'm not a fan of Julianna but her acting here is superb. Chris Noth plays his character so well. I look forward to watching every episode. I'm glad they're showing this show on a weekly basis. Not like the first season where some weeks gone by without am episode shown.
  9. Dec 20, 2010
    Excellent series, combining courtroom drama, crime stories, politics & social commentaries that are very relevant to today's era, plus romance subplots that are done in mature way. Great cast, and classy storytelling, never trashy. I didn't expect it to be so good in the first place, but ended up being entirely hooked.
  10. Feb 7, 2011
    Love, love, LOVE this show! There aren't many scripted dramas on network television that were worth watching, until The Good Wife showed up last year. I record the show every week and recommend it to anyone who will listen!
  11. Mar 12, 2011
    Great show. I really love the way it deals with current issues and events head on. The characters are interesting and show a great deal of depth to be explored over the course of multiple seasons.
  12. Dec 31, 2011
    This is my gift to all of those who have done their best and contributed in such a great way in order to produce 'the good wife'.TGW deserves to be awarded all the time.It combins everything someone looks for in a legal drama which is mystery,romance,real corruption and last but not least seriousness.the finale was the best of all and it really made me wonder what will happen next!
  13. Apr 28, 2012
    Love it! Week after week the story line, characters and acting continue to rivet me to this show. May The Good Wife have a long life! It's not often that network tv produces edgy drama so let's relish it while we can.
  14. Aug 10, 2012
    The best law show ever and one of the best shows on TV. Dynamic and likeable characters. Realistic events. Great acting. Good directing. Slight hidden humour. Need I go on?
  15. Mar 7, 2015
    I heard about this show because my parents used to watch it all the time. I thought it'd be boring. Boy, was I wrong. After watching the first episode, I had to catch up to the show. The directors and writers of this show are real craftsmen, and so are the actors. Cinematographic quality and detail as well as the speed on a TV show are what make this show so addictive. It's more than a TVI heard about this show because my parents used to watch it all the time. I thought it'd be boring. Boy, was I wrong. After watching the first episode, I had to catch up to the show. The directors and writers of this show are real craftsmen, and so are the actors. Cinematographic quality and detail as well as the speed on a TV show are what make this show so addictive. It's more than a TV show; it's an experience. Expand
  16. Apr 26, 2013
    Best show on TV. THE BEST!!!!! Great writing. Great acting!!!! I watch this every week. So much different than other crime/legal series. I hope it stays
  17. Jun 21, 2014
    The best show on TV- network or cable. The Good Wife's phenomenal 5th season excels in a way no show has succeeded so far. it has reached its creative peak. The show has always been great, but it has now merited induction into the annals of dramatic television. Anchored by Julianna Margulies' extraordinary performance, Josh Charles and Christine Baranski's brilliantly nuanced supportingThe best show on TV- network or cable. The Good Wife's phenomenal 5th season excels in a way no show has succeeded so far. it has reached its creative peak. The show has always been great, but it has now merited induction into the annals of dramatic television. Anchored by Julianna Margulies' extraordinary performance, Josh Charles and Christine Baranski's brilliantly nuanced supporting turns, and thrilling writing from Robert and Michelle King, The Good Wife has redefined the hour- long, network drama. Expand
  18. Nov 15, 2013
    Great show packed with great drama and story that make no wonder millions of people gather every week to watch it. The acting is excellent, no deny. I especially LOVED the fifth season, and every time end I end up wanting more and more. Not a good job, but a GREAT job, creators and actors of the show deserve our applause. Well done.
  19. Jul 8, 2014
    Julianna Margulies is a terrific performer and this show helps her throw the best performance of her career. The story is very well-written and well-acted with such continuity. All the intrigues and politics with all the legal battles are undeniably good.
  20. May 5, 2014
    LOVE THIS SHOW!! The beauty of The Good Wife is that it is original. Yes, it has to do with lawyers and politicians which may not be all that original, but Alicia is the protagonist and she juggles the role of a successful lawyer (now a named partner at her own firm), the wife of a power-hungry, womanizing politician and a mother of two teenagers. Add in the relationship between her andLOVE THIS SHOW!! The beauty of The Good Wife is that it is original. Yes, it has to do with lawyers and politicians which may not be all that original, but Alicia is the protagonist and she juggles the role of a successful lawyer (now a named partner at her own firm), the wife of a power-hungry, womanizing politician and a mother of two teenagers. Add in the relationship between her and Will, Diane, Khlainda, her mom, her mother-in-law, her quirky brother and Eli Gold among many others (odd clients with smart and funny cases), this show has depth, suspense, comedy, intrigue and ignites many mixed feelings in its viewers. It certainly offers a much needed break from the overplayed dramas of the ER and police stations and the conversations it sparks up among my friends and I from our character views, favourite scenes and overall plot reactions and predictions are priceless. That is the true testament of a great show! Keep it up! Expand
  21. Oct 5, 2015
    It is what is to be expected and even more, with new characters in it and awesome plot twist soon to be reveal and expected. Like to experience once more the start of Alice in this way and now the battle between what it is going to be a fun ride.

#TeamEli
  22. Sep 22, 2014
    The Good Wife is easily one of the best shows on TV. I do not know how they'll top the 5th season but odds are they'll do a great job with the 6th. The first episode of the 6th season did not disappoint. I am looking forward to more from this show!
  23. Nov 1, 2014
    It's smart, dark, and personal. Quite frankly, "The Good Wife" is engrossing and powerful, with acting and writing that could kill. It is just as amazing as cable.
  24. Nov 14, 2014
    This is easily one of the best shows currently on TV. Ridley Scott still has the chops after all these years. The Good Wife is as well written as most of Aaron Sorkin's scripts, and the characters are both intriguing and multifaceted. I hope this show keeps up the great writing and keeps its spot on the much coveted Sunday night prime time slot.
  25. Oct 28, 2015
    What can I say that others have not? This is a great show. Even with the different career changes Alicia Florak has made hasn’t lowered the quality of “The Good Wife”. Now that Alicia is her own boss gives the show’s writers even more material to use.
  26. ClaireD.
    Sep 26, 2009
    Off to a good start. This show has the potential to go beyond its ripped from the headlines premise to become a really satisfying show. Julianna Margulies is perfect in the role.
  27. AJR.
    Sep 28, 2009
    Best of the new season, so far.
  28. MeiB.
    Sep 22, 2009
    I'm hooked, enjoyed the pilot immensely. A clever way to introduce her character, thought it was very well-written. Julianna did a great job making Alicia so believable in such a typically awkward, stressful situation that many of us can relate to on a human level.
  29. Sep 18, 2010
    The character development is gradually coming together. My wife has to keep explaining to me why certain characters do or say various things. Perhaps this is not a guy show or it is just me - regardless... i"m hooked and love the series.
  30. Feb 5, 2012
    SOME HIGH SCORES HERE! Well look, I won't merely add to the chorus: this series is very good. In fact the second series is the best thing on television in 2011 - hands down. It demands some time from the viewer to work out what's what and who's who, but between a deft appreciation of court life, corporate strategies and an overarching plot concerning political elections and sexual intrigueSOME HIGH SCORES HERE! Well look, I won't merely add to the chorus: this series is very good. In fact the second series is the best thing on television in 2011 - hands down. It demands some time from the viewer to work out what's what and who's who, but between a deft appreciation of court life, corporate strategies and an overarching plot concerning political elections and sexual intrigue there is so much to offer! Excellent acting, directing, writing and editing. HOWEVER: series 1 is somewhat pedestrian and dull and series 3 is nowhere near as good as series 2 (in fact the opening episode was laughably bad). I don't think that the series will have more to say... but what it has had to say so far is certainly worth listening to! Expand
  31. Sep 27, 2013
    Excellent writing and acting. Great character development. I typically tend to hate procedural show,s but the characters are so compelling, and depicted so realistically that it is addicting. And to think, I would have never watched this series had I not been sick...I guess in this case my stomach flu was a blessing? I guess we'll find out in the future seasons.....
  32. Nov 11, 2013
    I really enjoy the crafty dialog and well developed characters. There are plenty of twists to keep things interesting. My wife and I look forward to watching this show every Sunday!
  33. Aug 5, 2014
    Sorry...................................................................................................................................
    Wrong season.
  34. philipw.
    Oct 8, 2009
    This is a better than average prime time (not cable) series. It's good to get Margullies back, with her minimal affect and her classy look. At worst it's an average court room drama series, and the court room stuff is rather weak and unrealistic, and at best it's a well written soap opera about a wronged wife who is trying to make it on her own in spite of not knowing quite This is a better than average prime time (not cable) series. It's good to get Margullies back, with her minimal affect and her classy look. At worst it's an average court room drama series, and the court room stuff is rather weak and unrealistic, and at best it's a well written soap opera about a wronged wife who is trying to make it on her own in spite of not knowing quite what to do with erring husband Noth, who I hope will be out of prison soon so he can be the real pain in the ass he has the potential to be. Expand
  35. Jennifer
    Oct 28, 2009
    I watch this show every week. It is pretty good and interesting enough. It is however, every other legal show that has ever been on TV. The only difference is the main characters personal life and how she is coping with it and balancing the return to her career as a lawyer.
  36. Sep 26, 2010
    Julianna Margulies is amazing! I love the ongoing storyline but I don't enjoy having to watch boring court cases mixed in. I love the characters and the drama between them.
  37. Jan 30, 2012
    There is an enigmatic nature to this show that makes it subtlely different and very different. This show is very watchable and that watchability probably comes forth due to the unique execution of dialouge and the full character based nature of the dialouge that's filled with a lot of depth and the use of body language, body movement, and facial expressions in the show.
  38. Jul 29, 2014
    Being a fan of "The Practice", I wasn't too sure I would like this mellowed down female driven legal drama. The first couple of episodes actually reinforced my doubts but as I continued watching a few of the characters, the emphasis on their strong character in due course and the mysterious Kalinda Sharma got me hooked on to it. Simultaneously, the series taking on shades of a politicalBeing a fan of "The Practice", I wasn't too sure I would like this mellowed down female driven legal drama. The first couple of episodes actually reinforced my doubts but as I continued watching a few of the characters, the emphasis on their strong character in due course and the mysterious Kalinda Sharma got me hooked on to it. Simultaneously, the series taking on shades of a political drama over time which was actually well blended. Well I enjoyed it and already on to Season 2. Expand
  39. Feb 13, 2011
    The drama between Julianna Margulies' and Chris Noth's character adds an interesting premise to an overdone plot. The politics is the shows strong point.
  40. Lisa
    Oct 16, 2009
    The legal plots are all "Been there, seen that" and therefore are rather boring. It's a shame that interesting characters are not given much interesting material. Scenes here and there are outstanding, but if this series is just going to be "case of the week" on a regular basis, what a terrible shame.

1. Slightly harder-edged than "Amy," but just as estrogen-fueled, the best-timed show of the new season is a combination of the crime-centered procedurals CBS favors and a drama about the kind of family most of us have speculated about at one time or another.
  2. Of course she cracks the fascinating weekly case, but it will be her continued efforts to make it again in the world of work, now that she's so old and doddering, and deal with her family, that will make The Good Wife worth watching week after week.
  3. CBS's The Good Wife is both a well-written legal drama and a terrific showcase for actress Julianna Margulies, who elevates the already-good material with her perceptive, open performance.