• Network: TNT
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 6, 2013
  • Season #: 1
6.9

1. Jul 14, 2013
    WHAT A GREAT SHOW! Honestly gathers people from various walks of lives and shows a persons capacity to be a hero. I was honestly surprised by a couple plot twists and i hope that this show is renewed for a 2nd season!
  2. Jun 27, 2013
    Can't believe this show is not rated higher. I absolutely love this show, and the characters are just great! Best reality show since Joe Schmoe season 1
  3. Jun 21, 2013
    It's been three episodes and so far I'm impressed with The Hero. Nine people compete to be voted by America as "The Hero" in order to win money. The cool thing about this is that even though only one of them will become "the hero" they have to work as a team in order to progress. It sets the contestants up for backstabbing and trust issues. Especially when at any time someone could be offered a "temptation". A temptation is when a contestant is offered some money for their own personal gain at the expense of the team. It's an interesting hook considering only one of them has a chance at the big money at the end. This opens up a way for the viewer to judge the character of the contestants, which is easier said than done. I started off disliking one or more of the characters, only to sympathize with them later. Another praise I have to give the show is that it has Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as its host. It's hard not to smile when he shows up, especially when it looks like he's having a blast just being there. Despite the fact that I like the show I have to say that it has some flaws. For one thing if it comes out that this show is more than a little staged I wont be surprised. That and I don't really think it gets what a hero is. A hero is more than just completing some kind of challenge, or not excepting a bribe. It's about being a role model, and doing things for selfless reasons. It's hard to be convinced that someones a hero when all the contestants do is scream at each other and talk crap about each other. But in the end I enjoy the show, and will continue to watch it. I will update/adjust my review of this show as more episodes air if needed. Collapse
  4. Jun 11, 2013
    It could be better, but it's still entertaining. Hopefully we will see more moral decisions having to be made. Being a hero means way more than just being able to finish an obstacle course. I'm staying tuned in but hoping things get more interesting!

1. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Jun 6, 2013
    Sit through TNT’s The Hero and “72 Hours” and REELZ’s “Race to the Scene” back-to-back, you realize how much the genre lives on the tired bone marrow of “Survivor” and "The Amazing Race."
  2. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Jun 6, 2013
    Rescuing people from burning buildings. Feeding people who are starving. Taking a child no one cared about and teaching that child to read. That’s heroic. The Hero is an entertaining reality show. That’s fine. It’s just not the same thing.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Jun 6, 2013
    The more promising [of the two TNT shows--the other is "72 Hours"] is The Hero, which at least allows the contestants to develop as characters--although you might wish there was less focus on the sniveling crying of mother-of-three Patty.