6.8

1. Nov 20, 2010
    Brilliant. I would imagine this show wouldn't be quite as funny if you weren't British, but as one I can tell you it's hilarious. Sure it can be too cheesy, or a little obvious at times, but every episode will have you in tears with laughter, and as a comedy show that means it's got it right.
  2. Jul 30, 2014
    I think this series Cross does a good job of bringing dark/black humor to a larger audience. It's short, clocking in at only six episodes, and only really picks up the pace in the second half of the season, but with plenty of laughs and another hilarious performance from Cross and Arnett it's hard not to enjoy it. Watching Todd Margaret get manipulated into increasingly troublesomeI think this series Cross does a good job of bringing dark/black humor to a larger audience. It's short, clocking in at only six episodes, and only really picks up the pace in the second half of the season, but with plenty of laughs and another hilarious performance from Cross and Arnett it's hard not to enjoy it. Watching Todd Margaret get manipulated into increasingly troublesome situations by smarter characters whose motivations are yet unknown is entertaining and makes me look forward to the second season. If you can handle some vulgar humor and mature subject matter, then this is definitely worth a look. I give this first season a 7.9/10-Good. Expand
  3. Feb 3, 2012
    I've never literally lol'd more in my life than I have watching this show. David Cross' portrayal of Todd is phenomenal, at every wrong-turn and comedic failure, I find myself becoming more enamored with the hilariously stupid character. It's got just the right amount of "British" too; unlike The Office (U.K. version), so that the viewer isn't thrown off by the accents, but knows they'reI've never literally lol'd more in my life than I have watching this show. David Cross' portrayal of Todd is phenomenal, at every wrong-turn and comedic failure, I find myself becoming more enamored with the hilariously stupid character. It's got just the right amount of "British" too; unlike The Office (U.K. version), so that the viewer isn't thrown off by the accents, but knows they're located in England. Throw in Will Arnett's now more involved role, and you've got the makings of a show so amusing you'll have trouble breathing. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Heather Havrilesky
    Oct 22, 2010
    Although every second of this comedy is far from genius, the disturbed mood and unique mean-spirited flavor of it all points to what the network comedies are so often lacking: bold choices that border on the absurd.
  2. Reviewed by: Jesse Hicks
    It's surprising that he's [Cross] written a sitcom so reliant on physical comedy, and cast himself in the rather one-dimensional, repetitive main role. The show's best lines possess a crackling absurdity.
  3. As long as you're OK with comedy-of-the-uncomfortable, then IFC's The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret is by far the funnier of the two David Cross-Will Arnett series airing this fall (the other being Fox's "Running Wilde").