The IT Crowd (UK) : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
8.7

1. Jun 29, 2012
    I'm sorry - but I am just in LURVE with the IT crowd, everything about it is genius - whatever people may think. I've come to the conclusion that the people who dislike the IT crowd are the kind of people that either laugh at others misfortune or at 'not going out' - possibly the worst television show ON EARTH! (sorry, but it's true). I know, that upon first watching it, you get theI'm sorry - but I am just in LURVE with the IT crowd, everything about it is genius - whatever people may think. I've come to the conclusion that the people who dislike the IT crowd are the kind of people that either laugh at others misfortune or at 'not going out' - possibly the worst television show ON EARTH! (sorry, but it's true). I know, that upon first watching it, you get the impression that it's not going to be the best, but you have to remember to get used to it, to realize that this is in fact NOT FATHER TED despite how much we all want that... this is different, and it's stupid to judge something so good as this against a classic, and something so starkly opposite. Trust me, you're gonna love it! Expand
  2. Feb 8, 2014
    I'm sure most people on this site can relate to the characters in this show. Misunderstood due to the fact they know a lot about computers, and surrounded by those that don't. Moss is a hilarious character, and my favourite character in every tv series ever.
  3. Sep 13, 2011
    I don't get the bad reviews, this is a great TV show that I enjoy all the time, the scenes are really funny and well thought out. I recommend anyone to watch this
  4. Jan 6, 2011
    As a Yank and a person who's watched the gamut of comedy from Chaplin, M*A*S*H, Taxi, Seinfeld, and Arrested Development, I can say this show is fricken hilarious. Yes character development is minimal but we're talking six shows a season people! Seinfeld didn't mesh until the end of its third season after more shows then the entire run of The IT Crowd. This is true situational comedyAs a Yank and a person who's watched the gamut of comedy from Chaplin, M*A*S*H, Taxi, Seinfeld, and Arrested Development, I can say this show is fricken hilarious. Yes character development is minimal but we're talking six shows a season people! Seinfeld didn't mesh until the end of its third season after more shows then the entire run of The IT Crowd. This is true situational comedy where the individual characters and the stereotypes expected of IT come together in ridiculous spoofs. Yes due to the minimal amount of shows when they get it wrong, it drags but when they get it right, it is laugh loud outrageous. Overall for the minimal amount of time they have worked together I would say they have done a wonderful job and created a little gem of a show. Expand
  5. May 15, 2011
    I don't know how anyone can't like this. Every episode always makes me laugh no matter what the plot is.
  6. WilliamD.
    Dec 8, 2008
    BE SURE you are watching the British version of this terrificly funny show. (The U.S. version was a pilot-only disaster!)
  7. AdamA
    Sep 30, 2008
    Good sitcom. I'm glad it's finally finding it's way to the US. Not perfect humor, but pretty enjoyable nonetheless.
  8. patricko
    Mar 23, 2009
    Very funny but Red Dwarf is still the best.
  9. AndrewS
    May 2, 2009
    It is quite evident that the reviewers on this are mostly American and do not understand the people this is aimed at, or the humour involved.
  10. JohnB.
    Dec 29, 2008
    Funniest sitcom I've seen in years.
  11. KarlJ.
    Oct 4, 2008
    I think the pittsburgh and new york times critics, miss the point! clearly they've never had to ring an IT help desk or are familiar with what really goes on. This is classic, more British comedy genius! More of it please!!!!!
  12. JoshB
    Jun 6, 2009
    Anyone who gave this show a negative review must be basing their opinion on a single episode. This show got much better halfway through the first season and the first episode of season two was one of the funniest half hours of comedy I've ever seen.
  13. MichaelZ
    Jul 27, 2009
    First ep was avg. Only went uphill from there. By season 2 it has eclipsed all other comedy.
  14. DP
    Oct 2, 2008
    Great show for getting out a few laughs.
  15. Jim
    Mar 9, 2009
    Very smart and original....very lovable characters...I'm American and love it!
  16. MichelleP
    Aug 1, 2009
    I have to agree, I wasn't quite impressed with the first episode. But It truly has developed into one of the funniest shows I've seen to date. This American gives the I.T. Crowd a huge thumbs up!
  17. hoodayp
    Sep 6, 2009
    Good stuff, fawlty towers still my favorite british sitcom but this is super funny.
  18. ab
    Oct 14, 2008
    I've been a big fan of this show since it first aired a few years ago. Cheesy? Yes, of course. But it has some of the best lines! I just had the opportunity to go to the UK to see the filming of one of the Season 3 episodes. They do a great job of including tech dramas that we can all relate to in some strange way.
  19. gskinner
    Oct 15, 2008
    Sorry but what do Americans know about character driven comedy. I know this is an American site but please if your going to include reviews for a British program, please include some British reviews. ham :0)
  20. LynnB.
    Oct 16, 2008
    It is one of the funniest sitcoms I have ever seen. The characters are wonderful, their interaction is tremendous, and the plots are very well written. Googling google? This will always make me roar. I am surprised that the show is not receiving universal acclaim from critics and watchers alike.
  21. Aug 29, 2010
    Graham Linehan has created yet another excellent sitcom, and the IT crowd has high comedy standards along with it's predecessors Father Ted and Black books and provides laughs all round.
  22. Dec 27, 2015
    This show is about computer nerds and their social ineptitude toward "normal people", but especially women, and their take at life; which boils downs to graphic novels, movies, and gaming. Sounds like a pretty awesome life to me.

Sadly the last season went downhill and the final show that wrapped everything up was, well... bad. But those first three seasons will forever among my favorite shows of all time. You can keep Big Bang Theory.

The IT Crowd will always bring a smile whenever I get a client with the heart of their network tucked away in some hole to be forgotten by the civilized world because they don't understand technology. I'll also never look at German food the same. Good stuff.
  23. Apr 23, 2012
    I've seen this show several times in the last few years and I've always found it highly entertaining. I've introduced it to a few friends and they've all thought it was absolutely wonderful. However, I would say that as young and technologically aware people, we can understand why it's amusing, even when some jokes go over the heads of my grandparents.
  24. Apr 25, 2014
    This is awesome and very funny.Acting is quite well and jokes are fresh.Love the way talk in british accent and can't stop laughing.First few episodes bit boring but it goes away in later episodes.
  25. Mar 5, 2013
    The critics are so wrong with this one, this is another amazing comedy from Graham Linehan, the cast its top notch and so is the acting. Another example of fine British comedy.
  26. Jan 20, 2013
    Humour: 8/10 Stories: 8/10 Characters: 9/10 = 8.33 (Excellent)
    Anyone who can process any knowledge of computers should watch this. Also meaning anyone living in the 21st century should watch this. Moss by far is the best character!
  27. Jun 14, 2013
    Very funny show that just gets better and better. The only thing keeping it from a ten is the laugh track
    (I hate them with a passion, if it's funny then I'll laugh). Lots of actual nerd humor throughout unlike the Big Bang Theory. Basically, if you're looking for nerdy humor, watch this.
  28. Aug 4, 2015
    "What did you have for breakfast?"
    "Smarties cereal."
    "I didn't even know Smarties MADE a cereal!"
    "They don't, it's just Smarties in a bowl with milk."

Best TV show ever made. Why did they have to stop making this. I'm laughing out loud at every other joke.
  29. Sep 20, 2013
    This show is brilliant. A must see for anyone who has ever worked with computers and/or the corporate bureaucracy. The D&D episode is a favorite in my house.
  30. Nov 25, 2013
    I'm another American who loves this show. Others have already pointed out what's good about it, but I felt a need to correct something that was said about it several of both the good and bad reviews. A number of people complained that they didn't like the inclusion of a "laugh track" in the show. Well, those people should be happy to learn, then, that the show does NOT have a laughI'm another American who loves this show. Others have already pointed out what's good about it, but I felt a need to correct something that was said about it several of both the good and bad reviews. A number of people complained that they didn't like the inclusion of a "laugh track" in the show. Well, those people should be happy to learn, then, that the show does NOT have a laugh track. It was actually recorded in front of a live studio audience, so that laughter was the sound of actual people who were watching the show as it was recorded. That is not the same as a laugh track, because that term specifically refers to laughter added artificially in post-production, and I would have to agree that practice is incredibly stupid. However, I find the sound of an actual live audience, since it's real, to be more comparable to something like watching a comedy live in a theater. It's usually pretty easy to tell the difference between a live audience and a fake laugh track if you actually pay attention to it, because the live audience will react much more naturally to what's actually going on in the show. Even more importantly, the actors will often slightly react to the audience, such pausing a bit for the laughter to die down before delivering the next line to make sure it doesn't get missed. Overall, it's a quite a different experience from a fake laugh track. Expand
  31. Dec 16, 2014
    A satisfying opening, likeable characters and many funny reference (the best having to be the "made in britain logo" for the reason why stuff wasn't working, great televion, incredibly funny! sometimes the laughing can be too extreme however, but I loved the goth man. brilliant work!
  32. Apr 11, 2016
    probably one of the funniest british sitcoms of the 21st century, even though jen is complety different from moss and roy, they allhave this amazing chemistry that just makes it work.
  33. Mar 9, 2016
    This is a great TV show that is very well thought out. I laughed so much during the time that it took to watch all the episodes. I definitely recommend this. Especially to people who enjoy the Big Bang Theory.

1. This funny U.K. import's premiere introduces snobbish techie Moss (Richard Ayoade), his luckless-in-love buddy Roy (Chris O'Dowd), and their pretty but computer-illiterate new boss Jen (Katherine Parkinson).
  2. There is a universality to "IT" that makes at least some of it instantly relatable. Ayoade, O'Dowd and Parkinson are terrific as employees who want only to keep their jobs but not let them interfere with their personal lives.
    It’s old-school silly, filmed--defiantly, in these laugh-track-less days--in front of a studio audience, rich with sublimely broad performances, appreciative of the well-timed one-liner and the pratfall, in love with jokes of camera placement and confident in the healing power of a running gag.