• Network: Channel 4
  • Series Premiere Date: Feb 3, 2006
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
8.6

1. Aug 29, 2010
    Graham Linehan has created yet another excellent sitcom, and the IT crowd has high comedy standards along with it's predecessors Father Ted and Black books and provides laughs all round.
  2. Oct 11, 2010
    This show has a good 2 funny jokes in every 20 minutes.

After one show I had hoped this would be so bad that it would eventually get funny but they didn't even achieve that. Awful wanne-be Monty Python jokes and there's not much original after the first two episodes.
  3. May 15, 2011
    I don't know how anyone can't like this. Every episode always makes me laugh no matter what the plot is.
  4. Jan 6, 2011
    As a Yank and a person who's watched the gamut of comedy from Chaplin, M*A*S*H, Taxi, Seinfeld, and Arrested Development, I can say this show is fricken hilarious. Yes character development is minimal but we're talking six shows a season people! Seinfeld didn't mesh until the end of its third season after more shows then the entire run of The IT Crowd. This is true situational comedy where the individual characters and the stereotypes expected of IT come together in ridiculous spoofs. Yes due to the minimal amount of shows when they get it wrong, it drags but when they get it right, it is laugh loud outrageous. Overall for the minimal amount of time they have worked together I would say they have done a wonderful job and created a little gem of a show. Expand
  5. Feb 13, 2014
    Set in the offices of Reynholm Industries, The IT Crowd revolves around the three staff members of its IT department: the nerdy Maurice Moss, lazy co-worker Roy Trenneman and manager Jen Barber.

Despite the fact that both Chris O'Dowd and Richard Ayoade are undoubtedly very good comic actors I often struggled to enjoy The IT Crowd, in large part due to irritatingly dated laugh track.
    Whilst the show itself is a bit hit and miss in this first season, it became increasingly hard to ignore the jokes that didn't work with the sound of canned laughter ringing in your ears trying to tell you that you should have found something funny. Remove the laugh track and I would have been tempted to give this another season as it shows potential but as it is I won't be bothering. Expand
  6. Apr 23, 2012
    I've seen this show several times in the last few years and I've always found it highly entertaining. I've introduced it to a few friends and they've all thought it was absolutely wonderful. However, I would say that as young and technologically aware people, we can understand why it's amusing, even when some jokes go over the heads of my grandparents.
  7. Jul 11, 2011
    Watching IT Crowd one gets reminded about the British Tv-show 'Extras'; one of the main plots in Extras is that BBC, takes promising scripts and ruins them... In an effort to make broad comedy with catchphrases, silly wigs, haircuts, clothes and glasses, shallow stereotypes, obvious laugh track and bad acting.

IT Crowd has a promising script, with cleverly written pop-culture jokes and
    ref.; but both jokes and script sadly goes to waste because BBC receives Gov. funds... and don't have to make good comedy. Long gone are the days when British television actually was at the front in Comedy on television... and today we have to be happy when/if occasionally we get to see a good British comedy Tv-series... But the IT Crowd is sadly not one of those occasions. Expand
  8. Sep 13, 2011
    I don't get the bad reviews, this is a great TV show that I enjoy all the time, the scenes are really funny and well thought out. I recommend anyone to watch this
  9. Jun 29, 2012
    I'm sorry - but I am just in LURVE with the IT crowd, everything about it is genius - whatever people may think. I've come to the conclusion that the people who dislike the IT crowd are the kind of people that either laugh at others misfortune or at 'not going out' - possibly the worst television show ON EARTH! (sorry, but it's true). I know, that upon first watching it, you get the impression that it's not going to be the best, but you have to remember to get used to it, to realize that this is in fact NOT FATHER TED despite how much we all want that... this is different, and it's stupid to judge something so good as this against a classic, and something so starkly opposite. Trust me, you're gonna love it! Expand
  10. Apr 25, 2014
    This is awesome and very funny.Acting is quite well and jokes are fresh.Love the way talk in british accent and can't stop laughing.First few episodes bit boring but it goes away in later episodes.
  11. Mar 5, 2013
    The critics are so wrong with this one, this is another amazing comedy from Graham Linehan, the cast its top notch and so is the acting. Another example of fine British comedy.
  12. Jan 20, 2013
    Humour: 8/10 Stories: 8/10 Characters: 9/10 = 8.33 (Excellent)
    Anyone who can process any knowledge of computers should watch this. Also meaning anyone living in the 21st century should watch this. Moss by far is the best character!
  13. Jun 14, 2013
    Very funny show that just gets better and better. The only thing keeping it from a ten is the laugh track
    (I hate them with a passion, if it's funny then I'll laugh). Lots of actual nerd humor throughout unlike the Big Bang Theory. Basically, if you're looking for nerdy humor, watch this.
  14. Sep 20, 2013
    This show is brilliant. A must see for anyone who has ever worked with computers and/or the corporate bureaucracy. The D&D episode is a favorite in my house.
  15. Nov 25, 2013
    I'm another American who loves this show. Others have already pointed out what's good about it, but I felt a need to correct something that was said about it several of both the good and bad reviews. A number of people complained that they didn't like the inclusion of a "laugh track" in the show. Well, those people should be happy to learn, then, that the show does NOT have a laugh track. It was actually recorded in front of a live studio audience, so that laughter was the sound of actual people who were watching the show as it was recorded. That is not the same as a laugh track, because that term specifically refers to laughter added artificially in post-production, and I would have to agree that practice is incredibly stupid. However, I find the sound of an actual live audience, since it's real, to be more comparable to something like watching a comedy live in a theater. It's usually pretty easy to tell the difference between a live audience and a fake laugh track if you actually pay attention to it, because the live audience will react much more naturally to what's actually going on in the show. Even more importantly, the actors will often slightly react to the audience, such pausing a bit for the laughter to die down before delivering the next line to make sure it doesn't get missed. Overall, it's a quite a different experience from a fake laugh track. Expand
  16. Feb 8, 2014
    I'm sure most people on this site can relate to the characters in this show. Misunderstood due to the fact they know a lot about computers, and surrounded by those that don't. Moss is a hilarious character, and my favourite character in every tv series ever.

1. Reviewed by: Aubry D'Arminio
    This funny U.K. import's premiere introduces snobbish techie Moss (Richard Ayoade), his luckless-in-love buddy Roy (Chris O'Dowd), and their pretty but computer-illiterate new boss Jen (Katherine Parkinson).
  2. There is a universality to "IT" that makes at least some of it instantly relatable. Ayoade, O'Dowd and Parkinson are terrific as employees who want only to keep their jobs but not let them interfere with their personal lives.
    It’s old-school silly, filmed--defiantly, in these laugh-track-less days--in front of a studio audience, rich with sublimely broad performances, appreciative of the well-timed one-liner and the pratfall, in love with jokes of camera placement and confident in the healing power of a running gag.