Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
8.6

1. Jun 29, 2012
    I'm sorry - but I am just in LURVE with the IT crowd, everything about it is genius - whatever people may think. I've come to the conclusion that the people who dislike the IT crowd are the kind of people that either laugh at others misfortune or at 'not going out' - possibly the worst television show ON EARTH! (sorry, but it's true). I know, that upon first watching it, you get theI'm sorry - but I am just in LURVE with the IT crowd, everything about it is genius - whatever people may think. I've come to the conclusion that the people who dislike the IT crowd are the kind of people that either laugh at others misfortune or at 'not going out' - possibly the worst television show ON EARTH! (sorry, but it's true). I know, that upon first watching it, you get the impression that it's not going to be the best, but you have to remember to get used to it, to realize that this is in fact NOT FATHER TED despite how much we all want that... this is different, and it's stupid to judge something so good as this against a classic, and something so starkly opposite. Trust me, you're gonna love it! Expand
  2. Feb 8, 2014
    I'm sure most people on this site can relate to the characters in this show. Misunderstood due to the fact they know a lot about computers, and surrounded by those that don't. Moss is a hilarious character, and my favourite character in every tv series ever.
  3. Sep 13, 2011
    I don't get the bad reviews, this is a great TV show that I enjoy all the time, the scenes are really funny and well thought out. I recommend anyone to watch this
  4. Jan 6, 2011
    As a Yank and a person who's watched the gamut of comedy from Chaplin, M*A*S*H, Taxi, Seinfeld, and Arrested Development, I can say this show is fricken hilarious. Yes character development is minimal but we're talking six shows a season people! Seinfeld didn't mesh until the end of its third season after more shows then the entire run of The IT Crowd. This is true situational comedyAs a Yank and a person who's watched the gamut of comedy from Chaplin, M*A*S*H, Taxi, Seinfeld, and Arrested Development, I can say this show is fricken hilarious. Yes character development is minimal but we're talking six shows a season people! Seinfeld didn't mesh until the end of its third season after more shows then the entire run of The IT Crowd. This is true situational comedy where the individual characters and the stereotypes expected of IT come together in ridiculous spoofs. Yes due to the minimal amount of shows when they get it wrong, it drags but when they get it right, it is laugh loud outrageous. Overall for the minimal amount of time they have worked together I would say they have done a wonderful job and created a little gem of a show. Expand
  5. JackH.
    Oct 7, 2008
    I had high hopes for this as it was from one of the writers of Father Ted but with the dire acting, dreadful sets and just plain embarrassing scripts this is just awful. I guess Arthur Matthews must be the funny one... I couldn't believe this got a second season let alone a third, they must have secrets on someone at Channel 4.
  6. JM
    Jun 23, 2009
    It is certainly the case that anyone who would presume that an American reviewer is incompetent by virtue of their nationality is a sub moronic bigot. This show is mediocre. The characters are weak when compared to those in a show like the office or even The Mighty Boosh and the comedy is overt and amateur, Mad TV style comedy. The assertion that the negative reviews indicate some lack of It is certainly the case that anyone who would presume that an American reviewer is incompetent by virtue of their nationality is a sub moronic bigot. This show is mediocre. The characters are weak when compared to those in a show like the office or even The Mighty Boosh and the comedy is overt and amateur, Mad TV style comedy. The assertion that the negative reviews indicate some lack of understanding of what goes on in IT is absurd. The show's comedy is not subtle and it is far from cleaver or insightful. I would say that the quality of the reviews apportioning this show a rating of 10 speak the loudest about the target audience of this show. Expand
  7. Oct 11, 2010
    This show has a good 2 funny jokes in every 20 minutes.

After one show I had hoped this would be so bad that it would eventually get funny but they didn't even achieve that. Awful wanne-be Monty Python jokes and there's not much original after the first two episodes.
  8. May 15, 2011
    I don't know how anyone can't like this. Every episode always makes me laugh no matter what the plot is.
  9. fp
    Jun 23, 2009
    Have you ever heard of the American sitcom Arrested Development? That was well crafted character driven comedy. This is utter garbage. Not even Noel Fielding's character was up to par.
  10. JP
    Nov 12, 2008
    Mediocre comedy with ok writing/acting. The one thing I can't get over though is the laugh track and how it takes up 30% of the show with its long "HAHAHA" delays. It really makes the show awkward to watch.
  11. WilliamD.
    Dec 8, 2008
    BE SURE you are watching the British version of this terrificly funny show. (The U.S. version was a pilot-only disaster!)
  12. AdamA
    Sep 30, 2008
    Good sitcom. I'm glad it's finally finding it's way to the US. Not perfect humor, but pretty enjoyable nonetheless.
  13. JoeJames
    Nov 24, 2008
    Low brow comedy at its lowest, utter garbage.
  14. Jul 11, 2011
    Watching IT Crowd one gets reminded about the British Tv-show 'Extras'; one of the main plots in Extras is that BBC, takes promising scripts and ruins them... In an effort to make broad comedy with catchphrases, silly wigs, haircuts, clothes and glasses, shallow stereotypes, obvious laugh track and bad acting.

IT Crowd has a promising script, with cleverly written pop-culture jokes and

IT Crowd has a promising script, with cleverly written pop-culture jokes and ref.; but both jokes and script sadly goes to waste because BBC receives Gov. funds... and don't have to make good comedy. Long gone are the days when British television actually was at the front in Comedy on television... and today we have to be happy when/if occasionally we get to see a good British comedy Tv-series... But the IT Crowd is sadly not one of those occasions.
  15. patricko
    Mar 23, 2009
    Very funny but Red Dwarf is still the best.
  16. AndrewS
    May 2, 2009
    It is quite evident that the reviewers on this are mostly American and do not understand the people this is aimed at, or the humour involved.
  17. JohnB.
    Dec 29, 2008
    Funniest sitcom I've seen in years.
  18. KarlJ.
    Oct 4, 2008
    I think the pittsburgh and new york times critics, miss the point! clearly they've never had to ring an IT help desk or are familiar with what really goes on. This is classic, more British comedy genius! More of it please!!!!!
  19. JoshB
    Jun 6, 2009
    Anyone who gave this show a negative review must be basing their opinion on a single episode. This show got much better halfway through the first season and the first episode of season two was one of the funniest half hours of comedy I've ever seen.
  20. MichaelZ
    Jul 27, 2009
    First ep was avg. Only went uphill from there. By season 2 it has eclipsed all other comedy.
  21. DP
    Oct 2, 2008
    Great show for getting out a few laughs.
  22. Jim
    Mar 9, 2009
    Very smart and original....very lovable characters...I'm American and love it!
  23. MichelleP
    Aug 1, 2009
    I have to agree, I wasn't quite impressed with the first episode. But It truly has developed into one of the funniest shows I've seen to date. This American gives the I.T. Crowd a huge thumbs up!
  24. hoodayp
    Sep 6, 2009
    Good stuff, fawlty towers still my favorite british sitcom but this is super funny.
  25. ab
    Oct 14, 2008
    I've been a big fan of this show since it first aired a few years ago. Cheesy? Yes, of course. But it has some of the best lines! I just had the opportunity to go to the UK to see the filming of one of the Season 3 episodes. They do a great job of including tech dramas that we can all relate to in some strange way.
  26. gskinner
    Oct 15, 2008
    Sorry but what do Americans know about character driven comedy. I know this is an American site but please if your going to include reviews for a British program, please include some British reviews. ham :0)
  27. LynnB.
    Oct 16, 2008
    It is one of the funniest sitcoms I have ever seen. The characters are wonderful, their interaction is tremendous, and the plots are very well written. Googling google? This will always make me roar. I am surprised that the show is not receiving universal acclaim from critics and watchers alike.
  28. Aug 29, 2010
    Graham Linehan has created yet another excellent sitcom, and the IT crowd has high comedy standards along with it's predecessors Father Ted and Black books and provides laughs all round.
  29. Feb 13, 2014
    Set in the offices of Reynholm Industries, The IT Crowd revolves around the three staff members of its IT department: the nerdy Maurice Moss, lazy co-worker Roy Trenneman and manager Jen Barber.

Despite the fact that both Chris O'Dowd and Richard Ayoade are undoubtedly very good comic actors I often struggled to enjoy The IT Crowd, in large part due to irritatingly dated laugh track. Whilst the show itself is a bit hit and miss in this first season, it became increasingly hard to ignore the jokes that didn't work with the sound of canned laughter ringing in your ears trying to tell you that you should have found something funny. Remove the laugh track and I would have been tempted to give this another season as it shows potential but as it is I won't be bothering.
  30. Apr 23, 2012
    I've seen this show several times in the last few years and I've always found it highly entertaining. I've introduced it to a few friends and they've all thought it was absolutely wonderful. However, I would say that as young and technologically aware people, we can understand why it's amusing, even when some jokes go over the heads of my grandparents.

1. Reviewed by: Aubry D'Arminio
    This funny U.K. import's premiere introduces snobbish techie Moss (Richard Ayoade), his luckless-in-love buddy Roy (Chris O'Dowd), and their pretty but computer-illiterate new boss Jen (Katherine Parkinson).
  2. There is a universality to "IT" that makes at least some of it instantly relatable. Ayoade, O'Dowd and Parkinson are terrific as employees who want only to keep their jobs but not let them interfere with their personal lives.
    It’s old-school silly, filmed--defiantly, in these laugh-track-less days--in front of a studio audience, rich with sublimely broad performances, appreciative of the well-timed one-liner and the pratfall, in love with jokes of camera placement and confident in the healing power of a running gag.