• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 14, 2009
3.6

1. DonSmith
    Jan 19, 2010
    Jay is a great entertainer and comedian and cannot be replaced by Conan. I have submitted material for Jay to use as he saw fit. Jay still belongs on the team and any attempt to replace him is an effort in futility. The best simply cannot be replaced and I will rest my case there at this point.
  2. B.D
    Sep 16, 2009
    I wonder why critics think this is just a rehash of The Tonight Show. This is very different from your standard late night talk show. This is Jay Leno's show, and he seems to make that clear by changing things up and not doing things like everyone else. Nevertheless, I have always liked Jay Leno and his new show is truly a fantastic breath of fresh air from the usual late night format.
  3. LesM.
    Sep 24, 2009
    Excellent to have him back. Funny stuff and a relaxed look to the interviews. Better than the other talk shows.
  4. ZachD.
    Oct 20, 2009
    I laugh my ass off 5 hours a week thanks to this. I bet you all 20 bucks this show will be on for the next 5 year if Jay can do it.
  5. SamG
    Oct 20, 2009
    Two things I like about Jay: 1)He's not a show boat monopolizing all of the laughs. I can enjoy a variety of comedy coming from guests to scripted skits without the host cannibalizing all of the humor. 2)He

The boilerplate talk format was reminiscent not only of Leno’s “Tonight Show,’’ but of almost every other late-night talker on the air right now.
  2. [This] is why this strange, shallow puddle of comedy is so difficult to accept. With all eyes on Leno, this is the best he, and his writers, and the struggling network could come up with?
  3. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    That's a lot of pressure, even for Iron Jay, and maybe why Night One felt like a work in progress--terribly rough in spots, not bad in others.