The Jay Leno Show : Season 1

• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 14, 2009
3.6

1. Apr 18, 2014
    He's just so unfunny. He is just so unbelievably unfunny. Why is he on television? This show gets a zero. Not a one...a zero. It has zero quality. Its is refuse.
  2. Mar 28, 2014
    Don't invite Jay to a party, he obviously doesn't know when to pack it in and leave. Conan's helming of the Tonight Show never made it off shore due to Leno's abysmal lead-in...
  3. Aug 16, 2010
    This was really awkward for me..especially being a Conan fan.. to watch this show. not my favourite comedian of all time but the show worked great. Got a free autograph out of it too
  4. DonSmith
    Jan 19, 2010
    Jay is a great entertainer and comedian and cannot be replaced by Conan. I have submitted material for Jay to use as he saw fit. Jay still belongs on the team and any attempt to replace him is an effort in futility. The best simply cannot be replaced and I will rest my case there at this point.
  5. Fantasy
    Dec 15, 2009
    I love Jay but this reworked show is simply awful. He doesn't stand a chance. The King of Late Night TV has been reduced to a 2nd stringer at a time and place where the show does not belong. I feel sorry for Jay.
  6. MikeR
    Dec 7, 2009
    Equal doses of bland, trite, and irritating. I'm not sure why exactly Jay is back (not that he ever left) with the same tired, faux-inoffensive comedy that he's always dished out. Move on Jay, please move on.
  7. Kyle
    Oct 24, 2009
    Bizarre/absurd humor for the 65-80 demographic! Jay Leno is horribly unfunny... So glad NBC is reaping what it sewed.
  8. PatS
    Oct 21, 2009
    Too much degradation of women. Is Jay trying to pull in a male audience between 13-Stupid years old?
  9. SamG
    Oct 20, 2009
    Two things I like about Jay: 1)He's not a show boat monopolizing all of the laughs. I can enjoy a variety of comedy coming from guests to scripted skits without the host cannibalizing all of the humor. 2)He
  10. ZachD.
    Oct 20, 2009
    I laugh my ass off 5 hours a week thanks to this. I bet you all 20 bucks this show will be on for the next 5 year if Jay can do it.
  11. GerryK.
    Oct 5, 2009
    It's still The Tonight Show With Jay Leno but that's a good thing. I can tivo it and watch it instead of the dreadful Conan or the spiteful Dave.
  12. ScubyDo
    Oct 2, 2009
    It's the same old show with the addition that whoever runs the audio board is doing a crappy job. The levels are all over the place. To hear Jay speak I have to turn up the volume and to keep from going more deaf, have to turn down the volume from the alleged laughing.
  13. PaulP.
    Sep 28, 2009
    Leno is too conservative in his approach - he's always the guy who wants to be liked - but why would critics expect him to be different? He had excellent ratings against tough competition while Conan could barely hold off Craig Ferguson. And NBCs the worst of the 4 major networks. It's not like they've had a lot of great ideas, anyway. Yes, the skits with Eubanks are lame, Leno is too conservative in his approach - he's always the guy who wants to be liked - but why would critics expect him to be different? He had excellent ratings against tough competition while Conan could barely hold off Craig Ferguson. And NBCs the worst of the 4 major networks. It's not like they've had a lot of great ideas, anyway. Yes, the skits with Eubanks are lame, but I want to tune in at night and have someone take shots at all the bloated politicians and entertainment frauds and that's Jay, whose always been the only one who took monologues seriously. So, if you're a critic and want something different - who cares! You watch something different and I'll watch Jay. Expand
  14. TomM.
    Sep 24, 2009
    Ok so we get Leno on earlier and even more tame than he was on the Tonight Show. This is awful television. I find myself listening to the radio more and more since pablum like this and reality shows have taken over the networks.
  15. LesM.
    Sep 24, 2009
    Excellent to have him back. Funny stuff and a relaxed look to the interviews. Better than the other talk shows.
  16. MartinS
    Sep 20, 2009
    Jay Leno is a great standup comedian. Unfortunately he was never much of a talk show host. The comedy skits (much like his days on the tonight show) are lame and poorly delivered and his interviewing style is soft. I would watch his HBO comedy special in a minute but not his talk show.
  17. SallyB
    Sep 19, 2009
    I didn't like the format of equal time spots to every segment, and most of his pretaped segments were less than funny. Jay has to stop yelling at his audience after every segment about who and what is coming up next. He sounds like an infomercial guy selling his product.
  18. KenS
    Sep 18, 2009
    The premier was a bit stilted but the show seemed to get more fluid as the week wore on. I think it will be a solid performer for NBC and a great pilot for the business model.
  19. MasJ.
    Sep 17, 2009
    I like this show if for nothing more than to be amazed that their writers can come up with an hour of material every day, although watching it so early seems odd. An early evening show is in the style of the 1950's shows where the whole family watched together and maybe it is a good formula that no other show is trying.
  20. B.D
    Sep 16, 2009
    I wonder why critics think this is just a rehash of The Tonight Show. This is very different from your standard late night talk show. This is Jay Leno's show, and he seems to make that clear by changing things up and not doing things like everyone else. Nevertheless, I have always liked Jay Leno and his new show is truly a fantastic breath of fresh air from the usual late night format.
  21. MikeyF
    Sep 16, 2009
    The set is boring - And I like Jay behind a desk.
  22. JohnV
    Sep 16, 2009
    Tonight Show moves to a new time slot....oh wait that was The Jay Leno Show....sorry my bad.
  23. RickB
    Sep 16, 2009
    Watched the last 2 nights...unfortunately it's not very impressive. Choppy format without a comfortable flow to the program. Hate the seating arrangement. The "10 at 10" segment was marginally funny. Jay, you can do better!
  24. JasonS
    Sep 15, 2009
    Not the perfect prime time variety show, but Jay Leno still manages to keep us laughing with his feel-good humor. I'm sure that over time the seires will distance itself from The Tonight Show somehow.
  25. JordamJ
    Sep 15, 2009
    His jokes are all the same, take a current event compare it or relate it to a item that was recently in the news. But even though he's talentless he's fair to his guests.
  26. GaryG.
    Sep 15, 2009
    Nothing new, just rehash of late show only earlier.
  27. BrianF.
    Sep 15, 2009
    Same boring Jay, same boring material. His standup is above average, but his interviewing skills are the worst on TV.
  28. bobp.
    Sep 15, 2009
    Not funny or interesting.

The boilerplate talk format was reminiscent not only of Leno’s “Tonight Show,’’ but of almost every other late-night talker on the air right now.
  2. [This] is why this strange, shallow puddle of comedy is so difficult to accept. With all eyes on Leno, this is the best he, and his writers, and the struggling network could come up with?
  3. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    That's a lot of pressure, even for Iron Jay, and maybe why Night One felt like a work in progress--terribly rough in spots, not bad in others.