8.1

1. Apr 3, 2012
    This is a terrific show. The character development is great. You really get a sense of what it would be like to be in their situation. Don't change a thing, this is some of the best television ever made.
  2. Apr 2, 2012
    I for one am looking forward to seeing Mitch come back, but I do think the Larsen family dynamic is engrossing around Stan in the mean time, he is a great menacing protective bear of a character and coping with the absence of the Mitch is mirrored in subtle, well delivered reactions from the kids Denny and Tom, and is very interesting to watch. I love what has evolved with Holder as well - Certainly pleasantly pleased so far! Expand
  3. Jun 22, 2012
    This show had us hooked from the first episode until the finale.
    It took you on many turns and twists and felt the ending was very satisfying. This is definitely a highly addicting TV series and truly hope they have another season because now that it's over, I feel like I definitely want to see more.
  4. Apr 30, 2012
    I'm enjoying this season just as much as last year. What's striking is the chemistry that has developed between Holder and LInden. We haven't seen on-screen chemistry like this since Mulder and Scully. One last note, whenever I'm watching this show I'm reminded why I've always hated shows like CSI or NCIS or whatever ... They lack grittiness, which this show has in spades. Fantastic show, don't miss out Expand
  5. Jun 22, 2012
    This series was an easy 10. Excellent, surprising, and actually sad ending. This show has been number 3 behind Breaking Bad and Game Of Thrones. Even though the latter is on HBO, AMC is killing em right now.
  6. Apr 9, 2012
    The best show on TV right now, the characters are some of the most endearing that I have seen, one thing is for sure, this show is not for people who think Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead are among the best shows ever, I enjoy Game of Thrones but The Killing has something much more special for me, it reminds me of my past, and how one struggles so hard after losing someone.
  7. May 1, 2012
    I loved Season One but was extremely disappointed that the show didn't close the murder mystery with the finale. I started watching anew in Season Two assuming they'd solve the murder in the first episode or two, but now six episodes in and no resolution. I feel like I should be deeply disappointed in Season Two, but I am finding it every bit as good as Season One. It really has built up nicely towards a stellar conclusion. Acting is tremendous and the writing is great. Expand
  8. Jun 24, 2014
    Another great season, but this one did have some issues on the way. At least the case has finally been solved. Characters are great and so is the acting
  9. Jul 19, 2013
    solid adaptation of a danish show. it uses the same red herring device of a murder investigation to invesigate the community its set in. a lot of great moments and incredibly well realised tone and world, but increasingly hampered by its need to use the plot to investigate the characters.

the idea is in line with the wire, but the device and adaptive duty, holds the whole thing back a touch.

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Apr 2, 2012
    The series needs to propel its mostly superb actors into action, to push the narrative forward. [6 Apr 2012, p.63]
  2. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Apr 2, 2012
    Once viewers accept it for the mediocre melodrama it is, they'll be more satisfied, tuning in for the strong performances and high production values while rolling their eyes at the umpteenth red herring and illogical plot turn.
  3. Reviewed by: Cynthia Fuchs
    Apr 2, 2012
    It's more subtly, and more forcefully too, a quest for understanding, specifically an understanding of how the world works.