The Killing : Season 2

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
8.1

1. Jun 9, 2013
    A bit boring and uneventful so far into the season makes it less enjoyable then season 1 but I still like the show enough to sit through it. Hopefully it picks up later in the season.
  2. Apr 3, 2012
    I never really saw how 'The Killing' could make it as a television show, an ongoing tale about the murder of a single person stretched out in to an episodic drama isn't necessarily something that can hold my interest. With that said, I was shocked to find myself becoming invested in the story and the characters in season one, and I think i can speak for everyone when I say that I wasI never really saw how 'The Killing' could make it as a television show, an ongoing tale about the murder of a single person stretched out in to an episodic drama isn't necessarily something that can hold my interest. With that said, I was shocked to find myself becoming invested in the story and the characters in season one, and I think i can speak for everyone when I say that I was highly disappointed in the finale. It's okay for a show to slowly pace itself, as long as there is a payoff in the end. Unfortunately, "The Killing' failed to finished what they started, which puts me right back where is started in the first place. This story just isn't fit to be a serialized drama. Collapse
  3. Aug 2, 2016
    The conclusion to this season wasn't especially satisfying. It certainly did not justify two seasons of circular plot to get there. Everything else about the show was good, though.

1. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Apr 2, 2012
    The series needs to propel its mostly superb actors into action, to push the narrative forward. [6 Apr 2012, p.63]
  2. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Apr 2, 2012
    Once viewers accept it for the mediocre melodrama it is, they'll be more satisfied, tuning in for the strong performances and high production values while rolling their eyes at the umpteenth red herring and illogical plot turn.
  3. Reviewed by: Cynthia Fuchs
    Apr 2, 2012
    It's more subtly, and more forcefully too, a quest for understanding, specifically an understanding of how the world works.