8.2

1. Jun 2, 2013
    Excellent premiere that is heading in a far better direction as compared to season 2! Mood remains paramount; it is a very blue show, temperamentally and visually. The Seattle we see here is a kind of parallel Seattle, darker, rainier, more mountainous, less American than the actual city. (Because it is Vancouver, to begin with.) For all the establishing-shot flyovers of the city,Excellent premiere that is heading in a far better direction as compared to season 2! Mood remains paramount; it is a very blue show, temperamentally and visually. The Seattle we see here is a kind of parallel Seattle, darker, rainier, more mountainous, less American than the actual city. (Because it is Vancouver, to begin with.) For all the establishing-shot flyovers of the city, whenever we are on the street, we are somewhere else, a fundamentally poetic place whose soggy decrepitude has a vaguely post-apocalyptic feel. Expand
  2. Jul 11, 2013
    This show is all about the mood. There is a constant uneasiness and unsettling quality to the show (similar to movies like Silence of the Lambs and Seven). This is done mostly with the visuals (locations, cinematography, lighting). Great locations and great camera work really help sell the grimy, dark tone of the show. The story of season 3 seems to be playing to that quality even more.This show is all about the mood. There is a constant uneasiness and unsettling quality to the show (similar to movies like Silence of the Lambs and Seven). This is done mostly with the visuals (locations, cinematography, lighting). Great locations and great camera work really help sell the grimy, dark tone of the show. The story of season 3 seems to be playing to that quality even more. Overall, it's a darker storyline. Overall, however, the show is just too slow and dull. Outside of Holder, the characters are just so bland. Most of the characters are generic and have the same dull, depressed personality. It's basically like they tried to stretch out a Law & Order episode into an entire season...but they didn't add enough interesting things to fill in all that extra time...so what you're left with is just a very long, slow-moving episode of Law & Order. Expand
  3. Jun 2, 2013
    This new season of The Killing has me full of mixed emotions. On one hand, I'm totally excited that the series is back. Its the only show I obsess over, and I was devastated when it was cancelled. However, the first two episodes didn't capture my 100 percent attention as the first two seasons did. This is most likely because it is now a brand new case, and all the characters I loved,This new season of The Killing has me full of mixed emotions. On one hand, I'm totally excited that the series is back. Its the only show I obsess over, and I was devastated when it was cancelled. However, the first two episodes didn't capture my 100 percent attention as the first two seasons did. This is most likely because it is now a brand new case, and all the characters I loved, besides Sarah and Holder, are now gone. Most critics criticized the Larsen and Mayoral storylines, but I loved them. I found myself missing the Larsens in these episodes, and even Richmond and Gwen to an extent. The first episode seemed very choppy, and didn't flow very well from the previous season finale. It acts almost as a pilot episode. Also, I'm not completely sold on the prison storyline, but Ray Seward is a fine character I must say. There is most certainly more depth to him than meets the eye. Sarah's storyline for most of the first two episodes is a wash. I wanted her to reunite with Holder the entire time I was watching her. However, I absolutely loved the homeless kids storyline. Bullet and Kallie are my favorite new additions to the show, and the show does a great job of making us like them and care about them, something the show didn't do very well with Rosie Larsen. The second episode is a much better episode, as it show the seeds of Sarah's return to the police force. The faster, the better honestly. Several critics, have said The Killing seems to have become more conventional this season, and this is somewhat true. Ray is a total "Hannibal" knockoff, but a very tasteful "Hannibal" knockoff, the serial killer storyline has been done to death, but The Killing seems to be doing a very good job in its new role. Hopefully, if it rise above, and become something bigger and greater as it aspires to be. It remains to be seen if this season will have the magnetic pull on me as the first two seasons did, and so far, I'm not totally convinced it will be. But it is still one of the best shows out there, and I'm sure The Killing will not fail this time around.

The Jungle: B-
    That What You Fear Most: A-
  4. Jun 5, 2013
    The first two hours were more compelling the all of last year show. I like the fact that there talking about the blight of homeless children, making the viewer think and care about something beyond the murder mystery. the scenes in the prison are riveting. It looks like the writers are going to give more depth to the characters. The Killing assumes that the people watch have a brain. AThe first two hours were more compelling the all of last year show. I like the fact that there talking about the blight of homeless children, making the viewer think and care about something beyond the murder mystery. the scenes in the prison are riveting. It looks like the writers are going to give more depth to the characters. The Killing assumes that the people watch have a brain. A rare find on television. I can not wait to see what comes next. I am hooked Collapse
  5. Jun 17, 2013
    Hardly any suspense, street kids subplot is disjointed, characters not so compelling even though their respective situations are hard up and sad. Death row subplot is mostly just there for the gore effect. Not the tension between Holder and Linden, and between Linden's head and heart that were present last season are just missing here.

I'll probably stick with it for next couple

I'll probably stick with it for next couple episodes to see if it gets more interesting. But, here's my verdict on episode 3: I got up midway thru and finished the dishes in the kitchen. Yawn.
  6. Jul 8, 2013
    Even though it moves slow, it is still very engaging. We all know that the last episode or two will bring it all together, so getting in the mood during the build up is well done here. There are a few threads here, and some say the story of the kids is disjointed. However I see that as a good thing as their lives are disjointed. Nothing moves smoothly in the killing, it frustrates youEven though it moves slow, it is still very engaging. We all know that the last episode or two will bring it all together, so getting in the mood during the build up is well done here. There are a few threads here, and some say the story of the kids is disjointed. However I see that as a good thing as their lives are disjointed. Nothing moves smoothly in the killing, it frustrates you because it is only an hour long and ya gotta watt for a week or just save it all up for a binge viewing. I binged the first two years it was amazing. The cast is stellar. Expand
  7. Jun 24, 2013
    The third season has gone back to what made the first season so great: suspense. This new season feels fresh and each episode leaves you wanting more. A must watch for all fans of crime thrillers.
  8. Jul 7, 2013
    Brilliant as last 2 seasons not only the atmospherics and cultures of Seattle and Vashon (which are right on the money), but the effects of violence on everyone it touches. Linden and Holder are as compelling as Holmes and Watson.
  9. Jul 7, 2013
    The Killing season season 1 & 2 is likely my favorite series of all time, just brilliant, 10/10, and the best finale I've ever seen. Season 3 isn't that, but it's still very enjoyable Holder & Linden are fantastic, but I just think that the victims family in 1 & 2 was so brilliantly cast as well as the politicians. The drama was so believable and heart ripping, and eventhough theseThe Killing season season 1 & 2 is likely my favorite series of all time, just brilliant, 10/10, and the best finale I've ever seen. Season 3 isn't that, but it's still very enjoyable Holder & Linden are fantastic, but I just think that the victims family in 1 & 2 was so brilliantly cast as well as the politicians. The drama was so believable and heart ripping, and eventhough these wayward kids are doing a good job in season 3 it's just not the same drama show to show, However it's still a well done show and more special than 90% of what's on TV. Expand
  10. Sep 16, 2013
    A few good episodes through out the season and I would have given it a 7 easily if it had ended well. However, It did not. Hands down one of the most disappointing endings to a show I have ever seen, Very disappointing.
  11. Sep 6, 2013
    The Killing noticably improved in Season 3. AMC's patience continues to pay dividends. While season 1 was far too slow, and season 2 was a little too complicated, Goldie Locks made an appearance in season 3.
  12. Jun 24, 2014
    The best season for sure. It has a more interesting premise since it deals with a serial killer. Secondary characters are way better and more interesting. Sub [plots are better too and it was great.
  13. Jun 18, 2013
    I know that AMC would never disappoint me, and it is true. The first two seasons with Rosie Larsen case truly compelled me a lot. And I went to watch this season with open mind and heart, and I am intrigued. AMC's The Killing is one of favorite TV shows in the last decade because I am a crime thriller junkie. All in all, if you love the first two seasons of this amazing crime thriller,I know that AMC would never disappoint me, and it is true. The first two seasons with Rosie Larsen case truly compelled me a lot. And I went to watch this season with open mind and heart, and I am intrigued. AMC's The Killing is one of favorite TV shows in the last decade because I am a crime thriller junkie. All in all, if you love the first two seasons of this amazing crime thriller, then you will love its third season. Expand
  14. Jul 19, 2013
    his season is the best one and its up there with the wire.
    the first 2 were a different show, an adaptation that went into all aspects of a community, but used red herrings as a device to do this.
    this season is like the wire with street kids.
    its in that tradition.
  15. Jul 11, 2013
    I think this show is excellent, one of the best shows on television! The characters and story line hook you in right away. In season 1 and 2 there were complaints that the killer was not revealed, I find this a strength of the show. I like the development of the characters and the twists and turns of this series... it is worth investing your time.

1. Reviewed by: Ed Bark
    Jun 3, 2013
    That initial heat from Season 1 has been lowered to room temperature. Kinnaman continues to give The Killing a pulse. But he can’t do it alone, and at this point merits a new, more vital vehicle in which he can really gun his engines.
  2. Reviewed by: Sara Smith
    Jun 3, 2013
    A year after the Rosie Larsen case ended, this new chapter is compelling enough to earn some fan forgiveness.
  3. Reviewed by: Chris Cabin
    Jun 3, 2013
    It's effective, finely realized genre work from a notoriously dark and idiosyncratic director and it speaks directly to the show's reenergized interest in exuding its own distinct personality.