The Listener : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
7.3

1. MelissaN
    Aug 12, 2009
    A show the whole family can sit down together and watch. A likable cast and a different story line from the normal doom and gloom dramas. Then to find it cancelled. It had one of the best cliffhangers I've seen in a while and we don't even get to see what happens. Not nice.
  2. Mari
    Jul 30, 2009
    I love this show. I'm really sad that NBC decided not to show the last 4 episodes in favor of doing re-runs. I would've watched. I accidentally caught this show during one of the beginning episodes and purposely watched it last week only to find out I'd have to watch the rest online! So sad.
  3. KatieG
    Jul 26, 2009
    I thought it was interesting, I think that it is a little different, but I think they could go deeper into the characters, and hopefully they will develop them more as the show continues. Also it definitely helps that Craig Olejnik has such AMAZING eyes!!
  4. MargB.
    Jun 20, 2009
    My whole family likes this show! It seems that every time we find a show that we all like and can sit down together as a family to watch... they want to ditch it. We are still missing our Eli Stone and worried about Chuck. Why do they compare this show with HBO's True Blood, this is NOT a vampire show. We don't like those kind of shows.
  5. YK
    Jun 18, 2009
    Lose the two female leads. Find a couple of more engaging characters.
  6. ScottH.
    Jun 15, 2009
    Though the concept is interesting, the final product is more than lacking. Bad plot, leaving no mystery at all. Horrid acting; no chemistry between anyone. What I feel is the only good part of this show is the scenes for the main character "reading" a person's mind. Too bad. It sounded very interesting.
  7. CK
    Jun 14, 2009
    Boring.
  8. Elle
    Jun 11, 2009
    I've only seen episode three, But i now am eager to see the first two. The dialog could get better, but at least it isn't cheesy and over the top. It's an interesting story and i love the production.
  9. TinaG.
    Jun 11, 2009
    I love this show! Not so wild about the doctor girl that plays Toby's girlfriend, I think she is kind of a bad actress, but otherwise a pretty cool show.
  10. MaryAnnB
    Jun 7, 2009
    I so wanted to give this so a better rating. But after seeing 2 episodes I am almost ready to say good bye! The Cop and the Ex girlfriend are terrible. Great looks but stupid. The Cop has Everybody's Guilty No ones innocent complex. The Doc is Not very trusting of anyone. The partner is funny. Not sure about the Boss. If they calm the two women down I think this show just might work.
  11. GwennethS
    Jun 6, 2009
    I give all new shows a look-see... I looked, I saw, I was totally disappointed. Great, boring, blue eyes...but boring show... Giving this mess a miss.
  12. LJDB
    Jun 5, 2009
    The Listener manages to do a good job at balancing the procedural,
  13. DavidW
    Jun 4, 2009
    Bland dragging dialogue and story line.
  14. RobbieB
    Jun 4, 2009
    Very interesting. I think this show is very good, a bit underrated. (So far.) I recommend it.. if you want to sit through a very interesting series. If you don't, you're missing out..
  15. buzzzedzzzzzzz
    Jun 4, 2009
    Bland Generic Boring. The Listener should've remained silent. Bring back Da Vinci's Inquest and Cold Squad!

1. For the moment, it would be nice if the show could just make the present more compelling.
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    In a word, The Listener is boring. Or, if you prefer alliteration, listless.
  3. The writers, while showing a certain lack of imagination in feeding Toby the voices of passers-by--no, it's unlikely that woman who passes you on the street, guys, is thinking what they think she's thinking--have at least invested their lead with a mildly intriguing backstory.