• Network: Syfy
  • Series Premiere Date: Dec 11, 2006
8.8

1. Feb 24, 2013
    One of the best written and most innovative pieces of science fiction I have ever seen. I can't say more than that without giving stuff away. You really just have to see it for yourself. I was more than impressed.
  2. jay
    Apr 12, 2007
    I love Peter Krause, but what was he thinking. This tries to be different and daring, but gives up on the most important things....good writing and character development. There are no two good scenes that blend in this story....very sloppy.
  3. nofromn.
    Jul 4, 2007
    I continued
  4. RobB
    Dec 14, 2006
    One of the best sci fi movie/miniseries in a very long time!
  5. KevinC.
    Jan 2, 2007
    Excellent premise and well-acted. Unfortunately the whole thing becomes more convulted, heavy-handed and flat out silly as time goes on. Don't listen to the crazy fanboy nerd comments here, the show is just slightly above average just as the critics say.
  6. TerrianneS
    Dec 12, 2006
    Entertaining, fun, I like it!
  7. Holden
    Dec 12, 2006
    Totally original and engrossing. Better then most programs on primetime. If you love Lost or Hereos this is for you. Hopefully they pick this up as a series.
  8. MichaelD
    Dec 13, 2006
    Brilliant concept, great character actors and just a fun show to watch.
  9. MICHELEM
    Dec 18, 2006
    This was the best show Ive seen in a very long time. It has all the elements of an excellent Sci Fi show. I sincerely hope it becomes a series. The only explanation I have for critics giving it a low score is they must not be sci fi fans.
  10. ChristopherB
    Dec 19, 2006
    To use a cliche - The Lost Room simply captures the imagination. The production has its fair share of cheese, but none of that matters when you're so enthralled by the characters, the objects and the story that you don't even notice. It's really only on subsequent viewings that you notice any shortcomings, which is why I give it an 8. The music is wonderful, the acting is To use a cliche - The Lost Room simply captures the imagination. The production has its fair share of cheese, but none of that matters when you're so enthralled by the characters, the objects and the story that you don't even notice. It's really only on subsequent viewings that you notice any shortcomings, which is why I give it an 8. The music is wonderful, the acting is great, and the premise rocks your socks. Watch it with an open mind. Expand
  11. JayS
    Dec 26, 2006
    Very good first effort. Deserves to be a series.
  12. AlexZ
    Dec 29, 2006
    Although there were certainly weak moments and improbable dialog, the story was very original. It did hint too little at its purpose, though. The open questions weren't so much left for interpretation as they seemed left out. Perhaps a sequel would do it good. A worthwhile watch.
  13. juliem
    Dec 30, 2006
    This was a great show! I hope that it becomes a weekly show on sci fi.
  14. CraigP.
    Feb 8, 2007
    Great story and concepts. Imaginative without a lot of special effect. Completely had me hooked right up until the end .. where nothing was explained and even the guy this all happened to had no idea what happened. Either the writers ran out of time or ideas .. or they are just hoping to have it picked up as a weekly series.
  15. elchot.
    Jun 13, 2007
    great!
  16. ChrissyR
    Dec 12, 2006
    This exciting film includes everything from drama to crime to comedy. It appeals to all sorts of viewers, not just scifi fanatics, and is definately the most thrilling scifi mini-series I have ever seen.
  17. keng
    Dec 13, 2006
    Enjoyable entertainment up to a point.Acting acceptable with some characters appearing out of place, One had to follow to sides involved and their involvement, which took some degree o speculation.
  18. DQSlotkins
    Dec 13, 2006
    I was going to give it 30 min. before I started a DVD. Now, I'm wanting more. This is the best script I've seen on the Sci-Fi network. Simplicity without the usual "dumbing down" on Sci-Fi. A story that seems a perfect fit for the 6 hour mini format. Excellent casting (nice to see Dennis Christopher used well). I'm loving it and hope this bodes well for future Sci-Fi.
    Dec 14, 2006
    The most creative Science Fiction I've seen on TV in a long time. Critics who said it didn't make sense or was too convoluted weren't smart enough to follow it and probably would welcome CSI Fresno. You can't bitch that there's nothing ever new on TV and then bag on it when people make a serious effort like TLR was.
  20. LanceC
    Dec 27, 2006
    I would have given this show a ten for the first five hours - great set-up, characters etc. Unfortunately, the ending was completely LAME. It was obviously set up to go to a series, with no real resolution, but the ending was still totally contrived and didnt follow the rest of the show.
  21. Rick
    Dec 28, 2006
    The best movie/mini series I have seen in a long time. Its funny that I read critical reviews from writers but all the comments Ive seen online and people Ive talked to have been very positive. A series that leaves you guessing about its very premise and wanting to know more, very good concept.
  22. franka
    Feb 11, 2007
    i'd rate this show with odyssey 5 extremely innovating, the producers must make more shows
  23. JeffK
    Dec 12, 2006
    If you're reading this, I'm sure you already agree that this is one of the best things that's been on TV in a while. I just wish they would extend it into a full-fledged series!
  24. GeirM
    Dec 17, 2006
    It felt like something Neil Gaiman could have written. I loved it. It was imaginative and well acted.
  25. AimeeF
    Dec 18, 2006
    I would love to see this become a regular tv show like Battlestar Gallactica.
  26. StephenS
    Dec 28, 2006
    Great base concept, mythology and lead actor. The script and direction falters at times. The main mystery is never truly answered and plot holes abound. But the idea is strong enough to carry it through.
  27. Feb 15, 2011
    Very suspenseful, well acted and intriguing. The Order is like every crazy religion. It's like a wonderful comic book.
    Peter Krause and Juianna Margulies are superb.
  28. Jun 14, 2011
    '"Lost Room" is a shaggy dog story that gets shaggier with every scene. It's a tale as tall as the Empire State Building that threatens to topple in the merest breeze but - miraculously - never does." That is what one of the critics wrote. The only thing I agree with him, is that the end didn't reveal 'the Event'. But it would have been a great cliffhanger finale, if there had been more'"Lost Room" is a shaggy dog story that gets shaggier with every scene. It's a tale as tall as the Empire State Building that threatens to topple in the merest breeze but - miraculously - never does." That is what one of the critics wrote. The only thing I agree with him, is that the end didn't reveal 'the Event'. But it would have been a great cliffhanger finale, if there had been more seasons. Now, that is the only thing I regret about this show. I am not a fan of comic books myself, but I will give this one a try because I loved the show.

Original.
    Entertaining.
    And the Best thing is it makes you want more, but the worst thing is there is nothing more!
  29. Sep 8, 2013
    I liked it. The miniseries is fresh and unexpected, good casting and acting too. Great fun if you like science fiction or fantasy or magic it is a must see, well done.

1. As much fun as the adventure is, the central mystery — what happened in that motel on that May date that created such cosmic blowback — is never truly explained.
  2. Maybe the best thing about this miniseries is the weird assortment of characters.
  3. It's a supernatural mystery, involving a few ghosts, a little time travel and lots of crazy people. People who have been missing The X-Files might really go for The Lost Room.