• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 23, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7
8.5

1. Sep 14, 2011
    Great Show. My favorite show on TV. Every episode has a smart premise and Patrick Jane always has a clever way of going about solving the case and the Red John story that continues through the episodes is much more compelling then the continuing stories in other crime shows
  2. Mar 17, 2013
    Amazingly well plotted by Bruno Heller & yes the star of the show Simon Baker steals the show with his instant smart observation & character. i just love this show...cant get enough of it...
  3. May 17, 2013
    This honestly has been one of the best TV shows I have ever watched. This season (season One) has been such an amazing ride. In the midst of deus-ex machina filled shows, and convenient story lines told by lazy writers, this show has shown me that there really is hope for TV. The acting is perfect, even in guest actors with even the smallest roles. The main actors are intriguing and theThis honestly has been one of the best TV shows I have ever watched. This season (season One) has been such an amazing ride. In the midst of deus-ex machina filled shows, and convenient story lines told by lazy writers, this show has shown me that there really is hope for TV. The acting is perfect, even in guest actors with even the smallest roles. The main actors are intriguing and the side-humor is absolutely compelling. This, I can say, is one of the best crime shows I have ever watched, no exaggeration. Expand
  4. Sep 24, 2013
    Intelligent, brilliantly made show. Season 6 will arrive soon which in my opinion will definitely be a game changer. For now at least, from season 1 all the way to the end of season 5, the story has really caught on, and finding the killer Red John, while watching the charismatic Patrick Jane solve crimes really make things tick. I think for the average viewer who takes a glance over theIntelligent, brilliantly made show. Season 6 will arrive soon which in my opinion will definitely be a game changer. For now at least, from season 1 all the way to the end of season 5, the story has really caught on, and finding the killer Red John, while watching the charismatic Patrick Jane solve crimes really make things tick. I think for the average viewer who takes a glance over the whole show watching an episode here, another here, etc etc and admittedly 5 seasons isn't short considering we are only just getting to the significant breakthrough to finding the antagonist) these viewers will find the story to be scarce in depth and development. Because to understand the incredible emotional trauma that you get by experiencing things inside the mind of Patrick Jane from watching things start to current finish, you understand how in depth and sophisticated the plot is. For this reason, I honestly doubt there is consistency and cogency within the reviews found on here. Although I have no idea how much people have delved into the story, or analysed plots or even managed the long haul to the end of the current season 5, because it feels some of the reviews aren't true and concise. Anyway, back to the original insight; season 6 will be a game changer for this show. If Bruno Heller can pull it off and smack down the greatest season yet, which is perhaps the final chapter, and really perfect the ending of a fantastic narrative, the Mentalist could become the best TV crime show. That's how good it is.

So far its a generous 10, but the story ain't finished yet, how they say it down south. And its like starting a book and getting to the final 100 pages, you can't judge something that hasn't concluded or wrapped up. We'll have to wait and see.
  5. Mar 20, 2014
    absolutely love this show. if you think its a ripoff of psych then im glad they ripped it off because psych was only an ok show. Some of the acting can be improved but Simon Baker makes the show.
  6. Oct 16, 2014
    It is my favourite show , with constant appeal of role of simon baker and with his stand out performance , this show had made viewers , watch it over and over again.

1. The tricks he performs are overshadowed by the glee with which Baker performs them. Like any good grifter, he gets a genuine thrill out of entertaining, manipulating, or confusing people.
  2. This role is tailor-made for Baker, who has a flair for playing irreverent characters who are crucial to the success of the system even as they tweak its authority figures.
    Because as much as Baker's suavely sly version of a gotcha artist is a welcome addition, thanks to a few not-so-hidden laws of character-actor placement, you'll guess the pilot scenario's killer before anybody else.