The Michael J. Fox Show : Season 1

• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 26, 2013
6.5

1. Sep 30, 2013
    I want to like this show but it is so poorly written that I can't imagine forcing myself to watch another episode. A more fitting title would have been "look at me I have Parkinson's Disease."
  2. Oct 9, 2013
    It's not funny. It tries to be funny. But it is not funny.

I just cannot believe how bad the writing is.

It is just not funny.

It reminds me of that ill-fated The Paul Reiser Show.
  3. Oct 11, 2013
    Wanted to like, but the sarcastic lines and eye-rolling by Betsy Beers turned me off. Nothing about this show was humorous. Kid actors--horrible. Pilot script not funny, expected much better. Overall, show seemed flat, 'speed' of show too slow, expected it would be quicker paced, like 'Family Ties'. One point for effort. Won't watch again!
  4. Oct 17, 2013
    I truly appreciate MJF for the "80s factor," as I love all things 80s. I admire MJF for refusing to let his illness keep him away from his craft. However, I've got NO idea what made him say "OK" to the MJF Show. This is what the network execs thought millions of people would want to watch? MJF thought millions and millions of people would be interested? Think again. Unfortunately,I truly appreciate MJF for the "80s factor," as I love all things 80s. I admire MJF for refusing to let his illness keep him away from his craft. However, I've got NO idea what made him say "OK" to the MJF Show. This is what the network execs thought millions of people would want to watch? MJF thought millions and millions of people would be interested? Think again. Unfortunately, after several episodes, I can honestly say the show is an abomination. There is zero chemistry between any of the characters, the writing is dismal and unfunny, the stories are uninteresting. Everything seems like it was just slapped together without a care in the world. Even MJF himself doesn't impress because the material is so dull that even he can't bring it to life. The show is a blatant rip off of current "family" comedies that have been around a few years (Modern Family, The Middle). This just might be the most terrible rip off attempt I've seen. Surely MJF could have found something MUCH better. Expand
  5. Oct 26, 2013
    Sorry Mr. Fox. Your show's comedy is forced and when you get to the funny, it's not. Sorry Mr. Fox. Your show's comedy is forced and when you get to the funny, it's not. Sorry Mr. Fox. Your show's comedy is forced
  6. Sep 29, 2013
    I am a big fan of Michael J. Fox and have enjoyed watching him since his days of Family Ties right up to his appearances on the Good Wife. I was really hoping that his new show would be a good one. I was sadly disappointed. I watched two episode. The first one was dreadful, but I thought I'd give the second episode a chance. No good. The writing and the casting is deplorable. It is beyondI am a big fan of Michael J. Fox and have enjoyed watching him since his days of Family Ties right up to his appearances on the Good Wife. I was really hoping that his new show would be a good one. I was sadly disappointed. I watched two episode. The first one was dreadful, but I thought I'd give the second episode a chance. No good. The writing and the casting is deplorable. It is beyond amateurish. I don't even see any glimmers of hope unless they fire the majority of the writers and cast. Too bad. Expand
  7. Sep 27, 2013
    Dreadful. Unfunny and exploitative, I get it he has Parkinson's, where are the jokes Watch Seinfeld Or Curb Your Enthusiasm then an episode of this and weep.
  8. Oct 6, 2013
    don't like the liberal message they are trying to get across will not watch show i like Michael j fox i don't like the message that they throw in the show.
  9. Sep 26, 2013
    This is one of those projects that should have never made it past early development stages. Its just plain awful. The odd setups to make him seem that he is actively doing things to lessen the tremors is kind of distracting. The obligatory mentions of Parkinsons on intervals is needless. The "kids" are actors in their 30's. Casting alone destroys any chance this might have. Weak oneThis is one of those projects that should have never made it past early development stages. Its just plain awful. The odd setups to make him seem that he is actively doing things to lessen the tremors is kind of distracting. The obligatory mentions of Parkinsons on intervals is needless. The "kids" are actors in their 30's. Casting alone destroys any chance this might have. Weak one liners, family members that don't feel like a family. Poor writing. Painful to watch outdoor one camera scenes. This show is awkward, forced, and unfunny. Its almost like a Saturday Night Live commercial. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Vicki Hyman
    Feb 13, 2014
    It's shot single-camera, mockumentary style like "Modern Family," but the set-ups aren't as outrageous and the writing, while funny, is not quite as sharp.
  2. Reviewed by: Michael Starr
    Oct 3, 2013
    The ingredients are there; they just need more seasoning.
  3. Reviewed by: Billy Nilles
    Sep 26, 2013
    Though the choice to have the characters speak to the camera feels a little tired (and the plotting to have it continue past the premiere is quite contrived), the show is quite possibly one of the funniest new comedies of the season, full of small moments that lead to big laughs.