• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 26, 2013
  • Season #: 1
6.4

1. Sep 26, 2013
    My wife and I loved this show! There were many "laugh out loud" moments, and it was great to see Michael J. Fox back on television and doing something with his life! I hope this show goes on for a long time. Well done Michael!
  2. Sep 28, 2013
    Lets not forget that mostly EVERY sitcom has a slow start, successful shows such as The Office, Parks and Rec, Cheers, Friends, The Big Bang Theory, and Seinfeld have slow starts. Mostly every first couple episodes of every sitcom isn't that good, but this is different. I thought I wouldn't like this because it seemed to heartwarming, but after watching the first two episodes, I figured out that it is the funniest new show of the year. I would highly recommend this show. Expand
  3. Sep 30, 2013
    I think the that the show is great. Michael J. Fox is a wonderful actor. And for those of you who are already hating on the show you can just stop. You have probably only have seen MAX 2 episodes. Just wait. Your mind will be BLOWN by this amazing man and his tv show.
  4. Oct 3, 2013
    Ever wondered what happened to Michael J Fox after he was diagnosed with Parkinson's? Well believe it or not he's never been off screen, with his most recent appearances being in The Good Wife. However, this is his first flagship show for some time and is unique in that it deals with a character that has the same illness as Michael himself.

Mike Henry is a broadcaster that left his job
    after he felt his illness had adversely affected his ability to perform it properly. It was knee jerk reaction that he comes to regret, (and his family, because he becomes a house husband). After some behind the scenes manipulation, he is persuaded to return to his job. All this is fine and good and sets up the character in the first episode.

What I like about this series is that it deals with everyday parenting, work life issues, relationship issues and very rarely touches on the Parkinson's except where appropriate. You laugh when they laugh and you even laugh when you aren't supposed to. Yes, the disease is always there because it affects the way Michael performs and acts and in some ways it adds to both the humor and the humanity at the same time. However, it never gets in the way of the story and it is neither exploited or underused. Its just there.

This is a gentle comedy, and I found that I have been telling all my friends about it, which in my book is a good thing. Whether it will pass the test of time is unknown, but with dysfunctional kids, a womanizing boss and a caring but no nonsense wife, I get the feeling that Mike Henry Michael J Fox might just make it through the ratings war.
  5. Oct 3, 2013
    I loved it! I know people are hating on it, but they probably didn't gorw up with Micahel J Fox or really know anything about him. I have lived through Parkinson's with my Grandmother and I know just how dibilitating this disease can be, and I love that they are upbeat and witty and trying to shine through the tough parts. I love this show, I am so proud of Michal for coming back to TV and not letting his disease stop him. Expand
  6. Oct 5, 2013
    Love,love,love the show. It's great to see MJF back on my tv making me laugh. I don't know what twisted writers are creating such great story lines but WOW! Keep it up.
  7. Dec 7, 2013
    This show is great!
    Great to have Michael back on tv in some good, family-type material.
    I really hope this show doesn't get cancelled.
    Michael is a great actor and the show has great moral lessons with heartwarming endings.
  8. Dec 17, 2013
    I absolutely love MJF, but I am iffy about this show. It still manages to deliver a chuckle from me, though.

I am hopeful this show will be renewed and continue to flesh out some characters they have developed.
  9. Dec 18, 2013
    My husband and I have followed the show since it started and, while it is sometimes uneven, we thoroughly enjoy it and, like some other reviewers, find ourselves regularly laughing. We agree that it should be given time to develop.
  10. Apr 3, 2014
    Micheal J fox's show and watching his episodes everyday . his ( fake) family is amazing. and the reason why i watch this show is Micheal J Fox is a amazing guy .
    Grade A+

1. Reviewed by: Vicki Hyman
    Feb 13, 2014
    It's shot single-camera, mockumentary style like "Modern Family," but the set-ups aren't as outrageous and the writing, while funny, is not quite as sharp.
  2. Reviewed by: Michael Starr
    Oct 3, 2013
    The ingredients are there; they just need more seasoning.
  3. Reviewed by: Billy Nilles
    Sep 26, 2013
    Though the choice to have the characters speak to the camera feels a little tired (and the plotting to have it continue past the premiere is quite contrived), the show is quite possibly one of the funniest new comedies of the season, full of small moments that lead to big laughs.