• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 26, 2013
  • Season #: 1
6.5

1. Apr 3, 2014
    Micheal J fox's show and watching his episodes everyday . his ( fake) family is amazing. and the reason why i watch this show is Micheal J Fox is a amazing guy .
    Grade A+
  2. Dec 18, 2013
    My husband and I have followed the show since it started and, while it is sometimes uneven, we thoroughly enjoy it and, like some other reviewers, find ourselves regularly laughing. We agree that it should be given time to develop.
  3. Dec 17, 2013
    I absolutely love MJF, but I am iffy about this show. It still manages to deliver a chuckle from me, though.

I am hopeful this show will be renewed and continue to flesh out some characters they have developed.
  4. Dec 7, 2013
    This show is great!
    Great to have Michael back on tv in some good, family-type material.
    I really hope this show doesn't get cancelled.
    Michael is a great actor and the show has great moral lessons with heartwarming endings.
  5. Oct 26, 2013
    Sorry Mr. Fox. Your show's comedy is forced and when you get to the funny, it's not.
    Sorry Mr. Fox. Your show's comedy is forced
    and when you get to the funny, it's not. Expand
  6. Oct 17, 2013
    I truly appreciate MJF for the "80s factor," as I love all things 80s. I admire MJF for refusing to let his illness keep him away from his craft. However, I've got NO idea what made him say "OK" to the MJF Show. This is what the network execs thought millions of people would want to watch? MJF thought millions and millions of people would be interested? Think again. Unfortunately, after several episodes, I can honestly say the show is an abomination. There is zero chemistry between any of the characters, the writing is dismal and unfunny, the stories are uninteresting. Everything seems like it was just slapped together without a care in the world. Even MJF himself doesn't impress because the material is so dull that even he can't bring it to life. The show is a blatant rip off of current "family" comedies that have been around a few years (Modern Family, The Middle). This just might be the most terrible rip off attempt I've seen. Surely MJF could have found something MUCH better. Expand
  7. Oct 11, 2013
    Wanted to like, but the sarcastic lines and eye-rolling by Betsy Beers turned me off. Nothing about this show was humorous. Kid actors--horrible. Pilot script not funny, expected much better. Overall, show seemed flat, 'speed' of show too slow, expected it would be quicker paced, like 'Family Ties'. One point for effort. Won't watch again!
  8. Oct 10, 2013
    It's watchable only because of Michael J. Fox. He's great and has enough charm to make the show cute-ish, but the rest of the cast is seriously lacking. They give far too much air time to the rest of the family, especially the kids, and they simply aren't funny. The writing isn't great, either. I'm going to give it a few more episodes and hope that it finds its footing, but I don't have high hopes. They need to put more emphasis on showcasing the show's namesake. Expand
  9. Oct 9, 2013
    I appreciate the fact that Michael J. Fox is returning to television, but the show seems to only focus on the kids and not on Michael himself. I just don't care for the kids that much. I want to see more Michael in the future.
  10. Oct 9, 2013
    It's not funny. It tries to be funny. But it is not funny.

I just cannot believe how bad the writing is.

It is just not funny.

It reminds me of that ill-fated The Paul Reiser Show.
  11. Oct 6, 2013
    don't like the liberal message they are trying to get across will not watch show i like Michael j fox i don't like the message that they throw in the show.
  12. Oct 5, 2013
    Love,love,love the show. It's great to see MJF back on my tv making me laugh. I don't know what twisted writers are creating such great story lines but WOW! Keep it up.
  13. Oct 3, 2013
    I loved it! I know people are hating on it, but they probably didn't gorw up with Micahel J Fox or really know anything about him. I have lived through Parkinson's with my Grandmother and I know just how dibilitating this disease can be, and I love that they are upbeat and witty and trying to shine through the tough parts. I love this show, I am so proud of Michal for coming back to TV and not letting his disease stop him. Expand
  14. Oct 3, 2013
    Ever wondered what happened to Michael J Fox after he was diagnosed with Parkinson's? Well believe it or not he's never been off screen, with his most recent appearances being in The Good Wife. However, this is his first flagship show for some time and is unique in that it deals with a character that has the same illness as Michael himself.

Mike Henry is a broadcaster that left his job
    after he felt his illness had adversely affected his ability to perform it properly. It was knee jerk reaction that he comes to regret, (and his family, because he becomes a house husband). After some behind the scenes manipulation, he is persuaded to return to his job. All this is fine and good and sets up the character in the first episode.

What I like about this series is that it deals with everyday parenting, work life issues, relationship issues and very rarely touches on the Parkinson's except where appropriate. You laugh when they laugh and you even laugh when you aren't supposed to. Yes, the disease is always there because it affects the way Michael performs and acts and in some ways it adds to both the humor and the humanity at the same time. However, it never gets in the way of the story and it is neither exploited or underused. Its just there.

This is a gentle comedy, and I found that I have been telling all my friends about it, which in my book is a good thing. Whether it will pass the test of time is unknown, but with dysfunctional kids, a womanizing boss and a caring but no nonsense wife, I get the feeling that Mike Henry Michael J Fox might just make it through the ratings war.
  15. Sep 30, 2013
    I want to like this show but it is so poorly written that I can't imagine forcing myself to watch another episode. A more fitting title would have been "look at me I have Parkinson's Disease."
  16. Sep 30, 2013
    I think the that the show is great. Michael J. Fox is a wonderful actor. And for those of you who are already hating on the show you can just stop. You have probably only have seen MAX 2 episodes. Just wait. Your mind will be BLOWN by this amazing man and his tv show.
  17. Sep 29, 2013
    I am a big fan of Michael J. Fox and have enjoyed watching him since his days of Family Ties right up to his appearances on the Good Wife. I was really hoping that his new show would be a good one. I was sadly disappointed. I watched two episode. The first one was dreadful, but I thought I'd give the second episode a chance. No good. The writing and the casting is deplorable. It is beyond amateurish. I don't even see any glimmers of hope unless they fire the majority of the writers and cast. Too bad. Expand
  18. Sep 28, 2013
    Lets not forget that mostly EVERY sitcom has a slow start, successful shows such as The Office, Parks and Rec, Cheers, Friends, The Big Bang Theory, and Seinfeld have slow starts. Mostly every first couple episodes of every sitcom isn't that good, but this is different. I thought I wouldn't like this because it seemed to heartwarming, but after watching the first two episodes, I figured out that it is the funniest new show of the year. I would highly recommend this show. Expand
  19. Sep 27, 2013
    Dreadful. Unfunny and exploitative, I get it he has Parkinson's, where are the jokes Watch Seinfeld Or Curb Your Enthusiasm then an episode of this and weep.
  20. Sep 26, 2013
    My wife and I loved this show! There were many "laugh out loud" moments, and it was great to see Michael J. Fox back on television and doing something with his life! I hope this show goes on for a long time. Well done Michael!
  21. Sep 26, 2013
    I think it's a pretty solid show overall. May not be funny but it's the kind of sitcom that you can just sit down and enjoy. Michael J. Fox is fantastic and the rest of the cast is like-able as well. I'd happily keep watching the rest of the season.
  22. Sep 26, 2013
    This is one of those projects that should have never made it past early development stages. Its just plain awful. The odd setups to make him seem that he is actively doing things to lessen the tremors is kind of distracting. The obligatory mentions of Parkinsons on intervals is needless. The "kids" are actors in their 30's. Casting alone destroys any chance this might have. Weak one liners, family members that don't feel like a family. Poor writing. Painful to watch outdoor one camera scenes. This show is awkward, forced, and unfunny. Its almost like a Saturday Night Live commercial. Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Vicki Hyman
    Feb 13, 2014
    It's shot single-camera, mockumentary style like "Modern Family," but the set-ups aren't as outrageous and the writing, while funny, is not quite as sharp.
  2. Reviewed by: Michael Starr
    Oct 3, 2013
    The ingredients are there; they just need more seasoning.
  3. Reviewed by: Billy Nilles
    Sep 26, 2013
    Though the choice to have the characters speak to the camera feels a little tired (and the plotting to have it continue past the premiere is quite contrived), the show is quite possibly one of the funniest new comedies of the season, full of small moments that lead to big laughs.