• Network: ABC
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
7.6

1. BobSmith
    Dec 9, 2009
    Show isn't terrible, and deserves more than 3 stars, but it is SUCH A COPY of Malcom in the Middle that watching the show is disturbing and uncomfortable. Sure, there are legitimate differences, but they don't overcome the fact that the show is such an obvious copy. Can't anyone come up with something original anymore?
  2. Joe
    Oct 2, 2009
    I wish all the best to Neil Flynn, but I'm not a Patricia Heaton fan. Besides, I think Jane Kaczmarek and Brian Cranston were much better in the roles, I'm not sure why they were replaced. I don't know why they turned Malcom into such a jerk, but having a girl take over for Reese could be a cleaver idea. The little kid who plays Dewey is the highlight of this all too self I wish all the best to Neil Flynn, but I'm not a Patricia Heaton fan. Besides, I think Jane Kaczmarek and Brian Cranston were much better in the roles, I'm not sure why they were replaced. I don't know why they turned Malcom into such a jerk, but having a girl take over for Reese could be a cleaver idea. The little kid who plays Dewey is the highlight of this all too self aware, over-the-top, rip off. (Note to the directors: extreme close-ups of goofy faces at weird angles do not make for a fun viewing experience). Collapse
  3. LorenzoG
    Nov 4, 2009
    The Middle is poorly written, the effort for laughs are too obvious and often miss the mark. It is painfull to watch Heaton, she is much better than the scripts.
  4. Aug 15, 2010
    Absolutely terrible. I watched this on Sky in the UK - this was billed as laugh out loud - after 20 mins turned it off - absolutely nothing to smile at never mind raise a giggle.
  5. LoganZ.
    Sep 30, 2009
    It blew!
  6. ColeF
    Oct 28, 2009
    This show was very, very stupid and stereotypical. i live in Michigan and people don't ride around on tractors. This show makes everyone in the Midwest seem old-fashioned and stupid. It seems like all the set pieces came straight from the 70s.
  7. BruceT
    Jan 27, 2010
    Loved Patricia Heaton in Raymond, but this sitcom is really awful. My wife and I have given it several chances, but it never rises above dismal to us.
  8. affa
    Jan 11, 2010
    It sucks, can't you see it? The acting is terrible, the jokes are so lame it isn't funny. And who names a kid BRICK?
  9. JasonA
    Nov 18, 2009
    Watching this show is a complete waste of time. It's not funny. It's not creative. It's not even interesting. The show is so slow and I feel like i'm wasting my life away watching this garbage. I only have it on to make sure I don't miss Modern Family.
  10. Sep 13, 2010
    This is a truly atrocious program. Watched several episodes, and have not laughed. Characters are boring, and it's an obvious copy of Malcolm in the Middle.
  11. Feb 23, 2011
    Horrible writing, obvious and over-exaggerated 'humor'. Not to mention, this is simply a format that has been done time and time again, and only gets less and less funny.
  12. Sep 22, 2011
    I was looking forward to seeing Patricia Heaton in another funny sitcom, but this aint it. It was so awful, it was embarrassing! Witty, spunky and charming someone wrote. Are we watching the same show??!The situations were just silly and the writing horrible.
  13. Apr 9, 2013
    I can't put into words how much I dislike this tv show. The script is poorly written and not funny in the slightest. The worst thing about the show is the characters though, each one more annoying and dislike-able than the last, the most annoying of which in the daughter sue, who seems to have learning difficulties because of how bad she is at literally everything and I don't find thisI can't put into words how much I dislike this tv show. The script is poorly written and not funny in the slightest. The worst thing about the show is the characters though, each one more annoying and dislike-able than the last, the most annoying of which in the daughter sue, who seems to have learning difficulties because of how bad she is at literally everything and I don't find this funny. If you are a fan of Malcolm in the Middle you will be further sickened by how much of a rip off the Middle is and how awful it is in comparison. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 15, 2010
    In its second season, Patricia Heaton's family sitcom seems to have found its natural resting point.
    It's hard to know where The Middle will go after tonight's decent pilot. And that's part of the sitcom's promise, that it has the potential to blossom into a sweet if small celebration of a family of oddballs living distinctly unhip lives.
  3. Reviewed by: Paige Wiser
    The Middle isn't the kind of sitcom you laugh at; it's the kind you laugh with.