• Network: ABC
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
7.6

1. KellyV
    Nov 5, 2009
    This show is pretty whiny-annoying. Not a real big fan. These people are losers....who wants to watch this?
  2. BobbyS.
    Oct 11, 2009
    Malcolm in the Middle was one of the most well-written and underrated series of the last decade and this sitcom seems desperate to be in that same niche. The characters here seemed too sitcom-y, as opposed to the lived-in wackiness of Malcolm in the Middle's family. Patricia Heaton lacks the acting chops to convince the viewer she's not merely a caricature, while Neil Flynn Malcolm in the Middle was one of the most well-written and underrated series of the last decade and this sitcom seems desperate to be in that same niche. The characters here seemed too sitcom-y, as opposed to the lived-in wackiness of Malcolm in the Middle's family. Patricia Heaton lacks the acting chops to convince the viewer she's not merely a caricature, while Neil Flynn plays the same demeanor he's played in nearly everything else he's ever been cast in. Bottom line: Not terrible, but not entertaining either. The Middle is over-the-top in the worst way and too obtuse, but it has room to grow. Expand
  3. PaulP.
    Sep 30, 2009
    Happy to see Patricia Heaton and Neil Flynn in this, but I'm afraid it's ultimately going to be a miss. It doesn't have funny enough lines to be a conventional sitcom, and it's not bizarre enough to be a satire. It might save itself with better writing, but we've seen both the "loser com" and the "truth that family life isn't Father Knows Best com" so many Happy to see Patricia Heaton and Neil Flynn in this, but I'm afraid it's ultimately going to be a miss. It doesn't have funny enough lines to be a conventional sitcom, and it's not bizarre enough to be a satire. It might save itself with better writing, but we've seen both the "loser com" and the "truth that family life isn't Father Knows Best com" so many times that this doesn't stand out from the crowd. Maybe, if they do more satire about the Midwest. but right now, it's just not unique enough. And not interesting enough in a conventional way to be even remotely near a must see. Expand
  4. Aug 30, 2011
    I like this show and I have watched the two seasons but I think this show can't last several seasons with that kind of jokes: The story lines are really predictable and the characters haven't evolve a lot for two seasons. I hope the third season will be better.
  5. Sep 8, 2011
    Despite the brilliant Neil Flynn as a major cast member, this show just didn't tickle my funny bone. The premises are possibly funny, and some moments I thought were kind of clever, but overall it didn't impress.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 15, 2010
    In its second season, Patricia Heaton's family sitcom seems to have found its natural resting point.
    It's hard to know where The Middle will go after tonight's decent pilot. And that's part of the sitcom's promise, that it has the potential to blossom into a sweet if small celebration of a family of oddballs living distinctly unhip lives.
  3. Reviewed by: Paige Wiser
    The Middle isn't the kind of sitcom you laugh at; it's the kind you laugh with.