• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 30, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
7.5

1. Sep 8, 2011
    Despite the brilliant Neil Flynn as a major cast member, this show just didn't tickle my funny bone. The premises are possibly funny, and some moments I thought were kind of clever, but overall it didn't impress.
  2. Aug 15, 2010
    Absolutely terrible. I watched this on Sky in the UK - this was billed as laugh out loud - after 20 mins turned it off - absolutely nothing to smile at never mind raise a giggle.
  3. Sep 13, 2010
    This is a truly atrocious program. Watched several episodes, and have not laughed. Characters are boring, and it's an obvious copy of Malcolm in the Middle.
  4. Feb 23, 2011
    Horrible writing, obvious and over-exaggerated 'humor'. Not to mention, this is simply a format that has been done time and time again, and only gets less and less funny.
  5. Sep 22, 2011
    I was looking forward to seeing Patricia Heaton in another funny sitcom, but this aint it. It was so awful, it was embarrassing! Witty, spunky and charming someone wrote. Are we watching the same show??!The situations were just silly and the writing horrible.
  6. Apr 9, 2013
    I can't put into words how much I dislike this tv show. The script is poorly written and not funny in the slightest. The worst thing about the show is the characters though, each one more annoying and dislike-able than the last, the most annoying of which in the daughter sue, who seems to have learning difficulties because of how bad she is at literally everything and I don't find thisI can't put into words how much I dislike this tv show. The script is poorly written and not funny in the slightest. The worst thing about the show is the characters though, each one more annoying and dislike-able than the last, the most annoying of which in the daughter sue, who seems to have learning difficulties because of how bad she is at literally everything and I don't find this funny. If you are a fan of Malcolm in the Middle you will be further sickened by how much of a rip off the Middle is and how awful it is in comparison. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 15, 2010
    In its second season, Patricia Heaton's family sitcom seems to have found its natural resting point.
    It's hard to know where The Middle will go after tonight's decent pilot. And that's part of the sitcom's promise, that it has the potential to blossom into a sweet if small celebration of a family of oddballs living distinctly unhip lives.
  3. Reviewed by: Paige Wiser
    The Middle isn't the kind of sitcom you laugh at; it's the kind you laugh with.