• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 3, 2013
  • Season #: 1 , 2
4.3

1. Oct 14, 2013
    I have never seen the quality of a series deteriorate so quickly from episode one to episode two.

I am amazed at the magnitude of the wrong turn that the writers have taken with this show. There was so much possibility, so many paths that could have been taken. But the path chosen was among the worst. I ponder what CBS will use to fill this time slot in February? *More* reruns

But the path chosen was among the worst.

I ponder what CBS will use to fill this time slot in February? *More* reruns of TBBT? Is CBS determined to run that series into the ground?

Time will tell.
  2. Oct 9, 2013
    I thought it was hilarious! Very funny and love the concept! My husband and I laughed out loud over and over. We will definitely stay tuned. I hope it makes it because I plan on watching it for years. Love Will Arnett and the parents are perfect. Great casting!
  3. Nov 17, 2013
    The Millers is the new "All in the Family" show this season with the best assembly of actors, period! Every new show needs "wiggle room". Love the show and can't wait to see the next episode, "Mom on dating site".
  4. Oct 4, 2013
    is the season for bad sitcoms. Seriously, first the dreadful Goldbergs, now we have the Millers. Picture something loosely along the lines of "Everybody Loves Raymond", but without the comedy. The script is just awful. If you're dealing with a dysfunctional family (like most sitcoms), the humor should be wrapped around a believable plot, and not something that would not possibly happen inis the season for bad sitcoms. Seriously, first the dreadful Goldbergs, now we have the Millers. Picture something loosely along the lines of "Everybody Loves Raymond", but without the comedy. The script is just awful. If you're dealing with a dysfunctional family (like most sitcoms), the humor should be wrapped around a believable plot, and not something that would not possibly happen in the real world. Most of the comedy is drawn out, using the same idea and drilling it into your skull. Well, when all goes bad, you can always rely on a fart joke, oh yes, there's that. Another talented cast wasted on lousy writing. Well, one thing this show has going for it....The GoldBergs, which makes The Millers look good Expand
  5. Oct 4, 2013
    The strength of Greg Garcia's other sitcoms is the great characters but the Millers family are a total fail. I've heard of actors refusing to perform better scripts than this. The Goldbergs and Mom are awful but this is the worst sitcom of the season.
  6. Oct 4, 2013
    The Millers joins the race of stupid sitcoms. Other contenders are the Goldbergs, Dads and We Are Men. Absolutely horrible. I know people say you can't judge a show on the basis of one episode only, but sitcoms only need one episode to make you like them. The Millers lost its chance, I'm not watching it again.
  7. Oct 4, 2013
    I'm SHOCKED that the reviews are not better. I just watched the premiere on my DVR and have enjoyed massive (and much needed) belly laughs for the first half of the show. I LOVE IT. Margo Martindale and Beau Bridges are GENIUS, allowing Will Arnett to be more restrained and not slapstick. The supporting cast is also good. I will be watching every week. Hope it lasts a long time.
  8. Oct 19, 2013
    Unwatchable, who did the casting here? Margo Martindale and Will Arnett zero chemistry. Margo Martindale and Beau Bridges he's still too cute at his age, no one gets why he would have married that frump in real life or TV life. I can't stand that actress and have nevero liked or laughed at anything she's said or done at any rate. Get rid of Margo Martindale, bring Will Arnett forward inUnwatchable, who did the casting here? Margo Martindale and Will Arnett zero chemistry. Margo Martindale and Beau Bridges he's still too cute at his age, no one gets why he would have married that frump in real life or TV life. I can't stand that actress and have nevero liked or laughed at anything she's said or done at any rate. Get rid of Margo Martindale, bring Will Arnett forward in character, without her loud mouthed presence drowning his trademark charming sarcastic mojo. The Stepford cutie trying to be his obsequious comical sister and her frighteningly non-descript husband are just drying wallpaper (do they have kids, I can't even remember) and ALSO, they have no chemistry with the rest of this sinking crew. Will Arnett is too strong as a subtle comedian, and therefore the ill-suited casting around him doesn't support it. How could anyone believe these people are related, they look like a mish mash of people that went to a housewarming from different regions of a city and were told 'try to act in this clunker comedy as a family, just MAKE IT WORK please'. Put Will in something better, he's a superstar. I'd watch the satire comedy 'Go to Prison' starring Will 500 times in a row over 10 minutes of this drek. Get Beau something better too, he's still too handsome and strong to be relegated to tired old man roles. Give him a break. Expand
  9. Nov 5, 2013
    I like the concept of the parents being separated and living with each child. The first episode was good.
    But, they make all the other characters as if they are dumb and useless. You can tell who are the main actors. The mother Margo Martindale the son Will Arnett and the father Beau Bridges.
    But, the content of the show seems so demeaning. I still laugh at some of the jokes. But, its a bad use of good actors in my opinion.
  10. Nov 9, 2013
    This show is not that bad, it is just nothing special. After watching the first episode I was entertained, just did not feel drawn to watching the next episode.
  11. Jan 18, 2014
    Love the cast--hate the show. The laugh track sounds unnatural and is distracting. The ensemble cast is great, but the show is unfunny and unwatchable.
  12. Oct 26, 2013
    Oh. My. God. Cancel this show now! This is a disgrace to Television history.. what on earth were CBS directors thinking giving this a green lit..... awful just awful
  13. Nov 11, 2013
    This show is absolutely terrible. I couldn't even manage to get through 1 entire episode. The theme is kind of creepy (Mom moving in with her grown son due to a bad breakup with dad). The show kind of made me nervous because it is so unpleasant. Please get this crap off the air as soon as possible!
  14. Nov 29, 2013
    Contrary to many others I enjoy "The Millers." To me it is the most entertaining and realistic sitcom to come out this year. Particularly enjoyed the cemetery plot episode as exactly something that could happen with hilarious results! While it isn't the best sitcom in history it is better than any other new one with well crafted stories touching on real familial issues. The "DirtyContrary to many others I enjoy "The Millers." To me it is the most entertaining and realistic sitcom to come out this year. Particularly enjoyed the cemetery plot episode as exactly something that could happen with hilarious results! While it isn't the best sitcom in history it is better than any other new one with well crafted stories touching on real familial issues. The "Dirty Dancing" scene was the single funniest thing I've seen on a sitcom this season. I think the disappointed people were expecting "The Will Arnett Show" but he's merely glue that holds the real stars of the show together. The stars are Margo Martindale and Beau Bridges. Greg Garcia has a knack for creating quirky shows with a heart where characters have real feelings and I'll enjoy this one while it lasts, which judging by other reviews might not be long. If this show isn't genuinely funny to you, grow a heart. Beau Bridges is funnier than expected and Margo Martindale has the best acting chops of anyone in the cast. I knew she was great at dramatic characters but here in this show, a comedy of all things, lies the best work she ever did. She's a force! Expand
  15. Dec 20, 2013
    This show is hilarious, I watched my first episode last night and laughed for almost the entire half hour. The things the dad says/does is too funny (personally because I have a relative who is EXACTLY like him).
  16. Dec 19, 2013
    We "Love" The Millers, this show brings laughter back into our lives. It is the BEST!! So tired of reality shows!!! It is hilarious, so funny and we intend on staying in tune for weeks to come and hope it will get renewed for many more seasons!!
  17. Jul 10, 2014
    This is the funniest show on TV. I laugh out loud at every episode. The critics have obviously not given it a chance. It is every bit as funny as The Big Bang in its early years.
  18. Nov 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I watched the recent episode of this series and I must say the message reaffirmed my faith in doing my best and not giving a damn about what the world in turn thinks about you .

In between I thought that Carol would hear some bad remarks about the hot teacher from the students or some good remarks hidden in the time capsule , but in the end what message was brought out was fantastic.

I see around people with appealing features attracting jobs and positions which they truly don't deserve and quality is bound to deteriorate .

I guess the best feedback you get from the job you are doing is seeing it excelling out there !

Thanks for this wonderful episode .

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 11, 2013
    Everyone works so hard--including Arnett, even if he never lets you see him sweat--that this comes very close to succeeding. [21 Oct 2013, p.48]
  2. Reviewed by: Lily Moayeri
    Oct 4, 2013
    [The actors'] experience and timing makes the writing work better than it is written, but they are working overtime to get that to happen.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Oct 3, 2013
    As much as I don't like it, I pretty much love the whole cast.