• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 17, 2012
  • Season #: 1
4.8

1. Sep 24, 2012
    The decent cast deserve a better-written vehicle than this. Here's a tip from the show-it-don't-say-it file: find a way to make your main character plucky without sticking it in the dialogue. The concept probably could have worked, but I don't see this getting renewed.
  2. Nov 16, 2012
    Like many others I too desperately wanted to like this show. Simply put, I believe that the stellar cast has been plagued with bad writing. Its just too cliche and at times unbelievable... great acting, bad stories.
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    This show has steadily improved, with a gutsy central character and a bunch of very human supporting ones--except for the mob boss, who is absolutely splendid. Writing is getting better too. I hope Fox will keep the writers' toes to the fire, because this is really fun to watch.
  4. Nov 22, 2012
    Love the show especially with the huge twist. keep it coming I want to know what happens next! Sure the writing might be cliche but come one, how complicated do you want the show? if its too complicated then ppl will complain about that too. the idea is awesome and now that grace has opened up to the nurse i want to know the next move!!!
  5. Jan 24, 2013
    With all the reality shows and I must say very poor choices for NBC, I have enjoyed the show The Mob
    Doctor. The story kept continuing which I enjoyed. But as far as I was told my view at 66 really doesn't
    count anymore, the networks are trying to get the 25 year to 45 year old mainly for the commercials That's who really pays the actors.

1. Reviewed by: Maureen Ryan
    Sep 17, 2012
    Feisty is one thing, rude is another. But all of that is of a piece with the show's generally lazy approach to storytelling: A couple of supporting characters are cardboard villains, and a subplot about a minor's surgical procedure doesn't make a ton of sense if you know the first thing about medical privacy laws.
    The Mob Doctor's pilot is stranded between quality cable nuance and broadcast network spoon-feeding.
  3. Reviewed by: Neil Genzlinger
    Sep 17, 2012
    The pilot is so packed with generic scenes of medical crises and mob muscle-flexing that it feels as if the creators went to a buffet of past series and desperately piled everything they could reach onto the mob doc's plate.