• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 26, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 4
6.0

1. May 5, 2014
    the first season of this show was really hilarious. this season it hasn't been as well written. I was extremely disappointed with some of the episodes.
  2. Apr 14, 2014
    One of my favorite tv shows! Love the stories and gently being introduced to the aliens way of life and how they are adapting to human life. I think a little research on Area 51 and incorporate some of those stories in a comedic form should be interesting! Keep it up .. Don't you dare cancel it ! I love it !
  3. Sep 16, 2013
    I really love this show and I think that people aren't giving it a chance just because they watched the first episode and supposedly decided they didn't like it. In my opinion the show is original and extremely funny, it also deals with real life problems if you think in the way that the aliens are trying to fit in the human community and if you think about life when people really want to fit in. This is a really good show and I think that people should give it a chance as you will most likely grow to liking it.
    In my opinion one if my fave shows.
  4. Aug 2, 2013
    At first, the show seemed to be trying too desperately hard for a laugh and it felt unappealing, however, as the show progressed it out of the blue became laughable, to even some extents hysterical. This has become a show that has improved tremendously as it goes along, and just keeps continuing to get better.
  5. Jul 14, 2013
    Yes at often times it may be sill but if you stick with the show for some time you get used to the quirky alien neighbors next door. Plus it gets better through the season despite critical reception, the negative reviews only come from the pilot.
  6. Jul 2, 2013
    All the people who keep saying its bad is because they haven't watched more than the first episode. People need to stop thinking that comedies cannot be silly or weird. This is a fresh new fun sitcom
  7. Jun 23, 2013
    Love THE NEIGHBORS! ...I'm really glad that it has been renewed for fall 2013! I think it will catch on with more people as time goes by. It's imaginative, creative, intelligent, well produced and not the stereotype predictable stuff you usually see.. some people don't like anything outside of their little bubble and wouldn't know something good if it bit them on the ass!
  8. Mar 28, 2013
    OK, this isn't necessarily an original concept. It's all been done before. On top of that, it's a pretty silly concept. But somehow, The Neighbors manages to rise (far) above all of that. They take these completely ludicrous characters, and make them real. They display complex emotions, and you actually find yourself caring about them. As the continuing storylines evolved, the characters (not to mention the actors) hit their stride. There have been 2 or 3 episodes where they seriously hit home-runs. The "Dream Weavers" episode was by far the funniest, and most touching episode of any sitcom of the season. Email ABC and tell them to renew! Expand
  9. Mar 21, 2013
    This show has really grown on me. I find that the family interactions really hit close to home and bring a good and positive message. Not saying this is the Cosby show, but it is good family entertainment that kids and adults of all ages can relate to and watch together which is kind of rare these days.
  10. Feb 2, 2013
    The Neighbors is a show with its own quirks, I personally like the idea of it. It's really a shame it wasn't executed correctly, it makes you want to watch it, but it doesn't make you laugh or want to know what will happen next.
  11. Jan 12, 2013
    I'm still trying to decide how I feel about this show. It's not that I hate it but I can't say I like it either. The Positives: it grabs your attention, it is entertaining, it is funny (mostly), it's family friendly Negatives: it's VERY VEERRY weird A LOT, I don't always GET it, in the end it might be more Weird than entertaining and funny. So in a nutshell, It's not terrible and I only watched maybe 3 episodes so It could have gotten better. It's one of those that grows on you over time like sponge bob did for many people. It's more entertaining to me in a Weird way than funny but I think more people will like this one rather than hate it. Expand
  12. Jan 6, 2013
    This is a terrible show!!!! I can't believe they cancelled 666 park avenue and kept this piece of crap show on the air. It needs to be cancelled the actors are bad and the entire concept is awful.
  13. Jan 5, 2013
    This is a one of those shows you really have to look past the premise and see how deep the show really is. It is in the same quality level as quirky shows like Third Rock From the Sun, Mork and Mindy, Modern Family and Raising Hope. These shows seem silly at first but once you get into them, the stories are deep with good moral and human interest messages. I found the jokes smart and wry, the characters well developed with meaningful stories. All wrapped in a quirky comedy. Would be great to see this show last as long as the other two I mentioned. Wish more people could appreciate the depth and comedy of these unusual out of the typical mold sitcoms. Was very pleasantly surprised by this one. Please give it a chance despite the closed minded folks who have reviewed this so negatively. It is not that often that I actually laugh out loud at a sitcom, but I find myself rewinding the show to actually get a second take on the many quotable lines and simple looks from the characters that generate laughs. If I remember correctly, this show does not use a laugh track which says even more for the quality of writing from the show that can generate laughs without this crutch. Thanks to ABC for putting up all the episodes on-line too. Was very thankful that I didn't miss out on this much under-rated production. Expand
  14. Jan 3, 2013
    Love this show. I don't think people are giving it a fair try. You really need to watch episodes like the Halloween episode to appreciate it. That one, with the little kid and the hand puppet had me howling.
  15. Nov 14, 2012
    I find this show laugh out loud funny. Not often that I find a TV sitcom that really makes me laugh. This show and Modern Family are two that I will make a point of watching.
  16. Nov 12, 2012
    This is genuinely the worst show I have ever seen. I did not know that a show could be this corny, un-funny, or un-engaging. I deeply hope that it is cancelled as soon as humanly possible.
  17. Nov 7, 2012
    My kids love this show, and while I admit it took a few episodes to grow on me. I now love the show and look forward to it. It took a few episodes for the show to work out some kinks but, I now sit and laugh, it is good. It is a nice break from the norm.
  18. Oct 28, 2012
    I think all the negative reviews for this show come from the pilot, which I'll agree was terrible. But from then on, the series got a lot better. I think you should watch it, at least go past the pilot.
  19. Oct 4, 2012
    I loved the first episode. There were several big laughs and I was wanting to spend more with the characters by the end. Can't ask for much more from a sitcom. A little reminiscent of 3rd Rock From The Sun.
  20. Sep 27, 2012
    I really, really liked the premiere episode. Every scene was carefully crafted for either weird effect or comedy effect, the production values are very, very good for a sitcom. And we didn't have to wait for half the season to expire before seeing their alien form, we got a first-episode payoff there so that was nice. I'm not into series that name drops celebrities - The Mindy Project being the worst offender so far - but this series has some fun with it so it's not as onerous. I would like to see the whole season so I hope it's not one of the early cancels. Expand
  21. Sep 27, 2012
    I honestly think that you overreact about it. I mean, the show isn't that bad, it's actually quite good, and I don't think it deserves less "points" than Partners' pilot, which is absolutly aweful. Visually, it's pretty nice, and it's funny. It's for sure the best comedy pilot I've watched this season.
  22. Sep 26, 2012
    Refreshingly different. Half way through I thought I hated it, which is why most people are probably giving negatives reviews because they stopped watching. It takes the tired "family sitcom" format and inserts aliens for a weird, yet delightful journey. Characters are interesting and sometimes outrageous - while many jokes aren't waiting around for you to get them, which is a treat when watching repeats. I am looking forward to getting my 2nd taste next week! Expand
  23. Sep 26, 2012
    I was accidentally exposed to this horrendous excuse for a TV show after watching a fairly well done episode of Modern Family. I didn't change the channel because I couldn't find my remote - which is strange, but then I decided "Hey, I'll give whatever this thing is a chance". The simple way to say it is the plot is non existent, the acting is terrible and comedy (or their attempt at comedy) is just disheartening. The worst part about this is that I know that the people who came up with this horrendous idea are making tons of money. Please cancel this show. Expand
  24. Sep 26, 2012
    First cancellation of 2013 second Animal hospital and third The Mindy project Three terrible shows that should't have gotten on the air if these shows surive Mob Doctor will be the first
  25. Sep 26, 2012
    The worst show I've ever seen. I will not be surprised if this show gets pulled off the air after episode 3. Aliens named after athletes, give me a break!
  26. Sep 26, 2012
    It ain't the next Married With Children or Modern Family. The Neighbors is straight up blah, blah, blah. Stick with Modern Family on that one. It's time to play a game called "Death Watch TV" to see either Mob Doctor or The Neighbors should get the axe first.
  27. Sep 26, 2012
    This is not 30 Rock from the Sun, it is much much worse and it is was not for Partners it would be the worst new show of the year. The acting is horrible, the concept is repeated and who ever signed the check to pay someone to make this should be fired.

1. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Sep 27, 2012
    This season, ABC has Neighbors, one of the least funny things to air on television since the last Hitler documentary on History.
    The pilot for ABC's extraterrestrial silly-fest feels half-baked, and parts of it just sort of lie there, but this shouldn't be a deal breaker.
  3. Reviewed by: Ellen Gray
    Sep 26, 2012
    The first two episodes of The Neighbors actually made me laugh more than once--and without the aid of mood-altering substances.