• Network: CBS
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
7.3

1. pV
    Jul 29, 2007
    This show should have never gotten past the pilot. Dreyfus's billionaire father is the only reason it did! Dysfunctional Single motherhood! Did you know that 85% of the worlds criminals come from single mother households?
  2. sandyw
    May 2, 2006
    I have only been able to watch the show for a few minutes at a time before JLD's nervous over-acting, the ex husband's phony milktoast reasonableness and the brother's irritating, lame attempts at humor force me to change channels. The best part of this show is the satisfying feeling I get when I cut one of these characters off in mid-dialog. JLD was a non-talent before I have only been able to watch the show for a few minutes at a time before JLD's nervous over-acting, the ex husband's phony milktoast reasonableness and the brother's irritating, lame attempts at humor force me to change channels. The best part of this show is the satisfying feeling I get when I cut one of these characters off in mid-dialog. JLD was a non-talent before Seinfeld, very good on Seinfeld, and horrible post-Seinfeld. She, at best, is a second bananna who simply isnt funny as a comedy lead. Frankly it was George, Kramer and Elaines' frantic antics bouncing off Jerry with his exquisite sense of timing and low-key humor that made the 3 "curse" actors seem funny. IMHO, without Jerry they are just hacks. JLD simply hasnt figured that out yet. Expand
  3. MicheleH
    Jul 5, 2006
    It seems like every joke is about sex or human anatomy. This show doesn't take any chances; it just recycles tired-out jokes.
  4. miguelc
    Aug 7, 2006
    This show is lame and with so many unfunny jokes. It is just pathetic. I hope CBS has the guts to cancel it soon.
  5. vicc
    Mar 21, 2006
    Yuck! What is with these shows where everyone is single and jujmping in and out of bed with strangers. Tell me, when this character was flying in and out of bed with a total stranger, was her son supposed to be in the other room? What class (?!). This to me is not funny. I kept thinking, how do people get their teenage daughters keep them from being seduced by strangers who could be Yuck! What is with these shows where everyone is single and jujmping in and out of bed with strangers. Tell me, when this character was flying in and out of bed with a total stranger, was her son supposed to be in the other room? What class (?!). This to me is not funny. I kept thinking, how do people get their teenage daughters keep them from being seduced by strangers who could be dangerous, when these women on every sit-com are doing just that? What message do you really want to tell kids? On one hand, you scare about the violence and terrible people in the world, and the other, you say, but go ahead and pick up strange men and have sex with just anybody. Why are women trying so hard to be men? This single women-acting like men routine is very boring and completely unfunny. This tries WAY too hard to be funny as well. Way to exaggerated... Expand
  6. ShannonB.
    Apr 4, 2006
    Julia L-D's portrayal of Christine is shrill and wheedling, grating my nerves like cheese. I liked her on Seinfeld, but for this go-round, I inwardly groaned too many times to count.
  7. ReneeT
    Mar 14, 2006
    Yuck. The writing on this show is horrible, and Julia LD can't do anything but over-act. In the 2nd episode they showed last night, it was 5 minutes of urine jokes, followed by 25 minutes of not-even-funny sexual jokes. So, okay -- I agree --this show belongs in the bathroom. I did like the show much better when it was on "film" instead of the sitcom set. And I liked the supporting Yuck. The writing on this show is horrible, and Julia LD can't do anything but over-act. In the 2nd episode they showed last night, it was 5 minutes of urine jokes, followed by 25 minutes of not-even-funny sexual jokes. So, okay -- I agree --this show belongs in the bathroom. I did like the show much better when it was on "film" instead of the sitcom set. And I liked the supporting cast a lot. But you could tell they were all working uphill. Collapse
  8. bluewater
    Mar 21, 2006
    waste of talent. funny moments, but not intriguingly funny to keep me watching... I'm outta here...
  9. WillyZ.
    Mar 24, 2006
    Lazy, tired, by-the-numbers sitcom crap.
  10. LinW
    Mar 15, 2006
    Tired and forced. It appears that Louis-Dreyfus has a supporting cast of herself in this one. Not much of a step up from Watching Ellie.
  11. LouP
    Mar 21, 2006
    Even though I like all the actors -- it's a well cast show, no doubt about it -- the writing is simply not good enough. The laugh track here is relentless and annoying, to the point you want to simply mute the sound and just watch the actors. This show would be so much better if it was shot without a studio audience. The forced laughter they use takes every ounce of heart out of the show.
  12. DavidF.
    Apr 13, 2006
    I've watched this show a couple of times. I agree, I like the cast. But not a very original concept, and I can't say I laughed very much. To each their own, I guess. This is a cool website though!
  13. davef
    Feb 12, 2007
    the cast around julia does not work. I can't take anymore. she tries real hard but its tough all by yourself.
  14. Becky
    May 12, 2007
    This show is so mindless and stupid, you won't be able to sit through the 30 minutes. the jokes are weak and laughter is forced, and you'd be better off watching "the class" or "how i met your mother".
  15. May 5, 2012
    Started to watch this. Heard the laugh track. Turned it off. I cannot abide watching a comedy and hearing other people laugh at every punch-line - whether it be funny or not. This could be a good show but I guess I'll never know.

1. While this could be funny, over the first three episodes the show is as confused as the star seems to be about her character's perfect hair (the style is different in nearly every scene).
    Louis-Dreyfus reaffirms her talents for playing exasperation and physical awkwardness. Christine stumbles repeatedly, but Louis-Dreyfus soars.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    One of the best conventional half-hours to come along in a while.