The New Adventures of Old Christine : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
7.3

1. dennisc
    Oct 9, 2006
    the episode about church offended me somewhat because I go to church twice weekly and talk to people who don't go to church and I am tolerant of people of different orientation. I think she overacted.
  2. MikeL
    Mar 14, 2006
    "Seinfeld Curse" lends unnecessary mystique to four shows that sucked (didn't Jason try twice?) And the least bad was (the original) Watching Ellie. This one isn't terribly original, doesn't aim too high and, yes, needs a little work. But it has promise, especially if they keep it around "2.5 Men." Speaking of which, aren't the two harpies that torture Christine the "Seinfeld Curse" lends unnecessary mystique to four shows that sucked (didn't Jason try twice?) And the least bad was (the original) Watching Ellie. This one isn't terribly original, doesn't aim too high and, yes, needs a little work. But it has promise, especially if they keep it around "2.5 Men." Speaking of which, aren't the two harpies that torture Christine the same two ravenous soccer moms from 2.5 Men? Nice casting touch. Expand
  3. BobS
    Apr 13, 2006
    I like Julia L-D, but the laugh track makes me want to turn the show off. Not only is the laugh track loud, it's stupid -- it actually gets louder when the jokes are lamer. So, give it 8 for the show and -2 for the laugh track.

1. While this could be funny, over the first three episodes the show is as confused as the star seems to be about her character's perfect hair (the style is different in nearly every scene).
    Louis-Dreyfus reaffirms her talents for playing exasperation and physical awkwardness. Christine stumbles repeatedly, but Louis-Dreyfus soars.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    One of the best conventional half-hours to come along in a while.