The Office : Season 6

• Series Premiere Date: Mar 24, 2005
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
7.5

1. Oct 1, 2012
    I can appriciate that the show is becoming more story oriented then just punch line based but that is what made the show so great to watch. It's become so much of a drag to watch as of late and that's pretty disapointing.
  2. Jan 21, 2011
    This show really went to s**t with this season. I mean, the writers dropped the ball on this one. Michael Scott starts to feel played out. Jim and Pam storyline is pretty dull and the most important thing of all... it's just not that funny. I'll have to say that this is one of the most disappointing seasons of a great show.
  3. Jan 25, 2016
    My Rating: (9.3/10.0)

Other than a couple episodes, this season was absolutely superb. Michael is Michael, Dwight is Dwight, and Jim is Jim, what more can you ask for?
  4. MarcF
    Oct 10, 2009
    A solid show that's obviously falling on hard times. The jokes are forced and heavy handed, and the antics have become unrealistically outrageous and gratuitous for the show. The Jim/Pam wedding really sealed the deal for me. This show may be dead.
  5. MichaelM
    Oct 30, 2009
    The show has steadily declined, it was great the first four years. There are the occasionally genuinely funny moments, but a lot of it seems forced and just unbelievable. As for Anthony M's comments - it's funny that he says a master's degree as well as a bachelor's. Duh, how can you have the master's with the other??
  6. HannahS
    Jan 21, 2010
    I have to agree with Paul H and Mike G. The show was great Season 2-3, but the quality has just gone down hill. As much as I tried, the wedding episode didn't work for me, and the episodes are getting progressively less funnier. Obviously, a lot of commenters are still enjoying the show and that's what matters. On a side, I find Parks and Recreations to be very enjoyable.
  7. DylanP
    May 23, 2010
    They should probably cancel the show already. The characters are cartoonish and the humor ( or lack thereof) is not the same as in seasons 2-3. The main characters are now boring caricatures of themselves.
  8. MatthewT
    Sep 18, 2009
    A very soft episode, esp. for a season opener. Hopefully not a indication of what to expect throughout the season.
  9. MattH.
    Oct 12, 2009
    A fan of the few first seasons of the show, I have been worn down by the Office's tired routine and the predictable antics of Michael Scott. Season five I felt was quite weak and this year is no different. There are obviously some good laughs to be had but the show seems to have struggled through plot and character developments. I do have to comment on Anthony M's post, A fan of the few first seasons of the show, I have been worn down by the Office's tired routine and the predictable antics of Michael Scott. Season five I felt was quite weak and this year is no different. There are obviously some good laughs to be had but the show seems to have struggled through plot and character developments. I do have to comment on Anthony M's post, criticizing Seinfeld and The Office. Seinfeld was a fantastic achievement in television comedy for nine seasons and truly is a show that you need to understand to find funny. Just because you have a master's and are smart on paper doesn't mean it'll translate to understanding the comedy genius of Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David. The Office drops down for some low brow humor here and there but has moments of success in situational comedy, social commentary, and witty writing. Still not as good as 30 Rock though. Expand

The solidly entertaining season premiere of The Office is of a piece with last season's better episodes.
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Michael is a clinically interesting personality type who is profoundly unempathetic, until such times as he is very empathetic. The wonderful creative trick of The Office is knowing exactly the right moment to humanize Michael.
  3. It's a typically funny Office episode that makes good use of most of the cast.