The Office : Season 6

• Series Premiere Date: Mar 24, 2005
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
7.5

1. Jan 15, 2017
    'The Office' shines as usual. It have lost some of its magical & hilarious moments, but its vast focus on characteristic diversity continues to impress. Its plot can be a bit uneven, and it’s not always that funny nor embarrassing as it once was. But it’s still one of the must see comedies out there!

Average episode rating: 72/100 (- 2,46 since S05). Personal rating: 78/100 Critical

Average episode rating: 72/100 (- 2,46 since S05).

Personal rating: 78/100
    Critical rating: 80/100
  2. Nov 1, 2016
    Simply one of the best American sitcoms ever created, The Office never fails to entertain. The episode "The Whistleblower" is perhaps the single best one of the entire season. Highly recommended.
  3. Jan 25, 2016
    My Rating: (9.3/10.0)

Other than a couple episodes, this season was absolutely superb. Michael is Michael, Dwight is Dwight, and Jim is Jim, what more can you ask for?
  4. Jul 8, 2014
    Thanks to it's still excellent cast and just the right amount of changes to the formula, the show manages to stay both entertaining and funny in it's 6th season. It hit some lulls every now and then, but the fact that even after six seasons that the show still manages to maintain such a high level of quality is incredibly impressive and something few other sitcoms have managed to attain.Thanks to it's still excellent cast and just the right amount of changes to the formula, the show manages to stay both entertaining and funny in it's 6th season. It hit some lulls every now and then, but the fact that even after six seasons that the show still manages to maintain such a high level of quality is incredibly impressive and something few other sitcoms have managed to attain. Whether or not the show will be be able to keep it up for season's 7 and up has yet to be seen, but fear not Office fans because the sixth season does. Expand
  5. Oct 1, 2012
    I can appriciate that the show is becoming more story oriented then just punch line based but that is what made the show so great to watch. It's become so much of a drag to watch as of late and that's pretty disapointing.
  6. Sep 18, 2012
    Usually funny. Sometimes dumb. Usually funny. Sometimes dumb. Usually funny. Sometimes dumb. Usually funny. Sometimes dumb. Usually funny. Sometimes dumb.
  7. Dec 10, 2011
    Season 6 represents an entirely new tonal direction for the show, and it's one that relies heavily on nihilism. One could say that wrecks the appeal of the show, but I disagree entirely. These characters are so lovable, so why not let the situations lighten up a bit? This and season 3 are tied for the funniest seasons.
  8. Jul 20, 2011
    As much as I love this show, this season was on par with season 1. It wasn't greatly comedic, but there was plot. I really hope the office can pick it up next season, but this one was somewhat disappointing. But how are you supposed to compete with a season so well done such as last years?
  9. Mar 11, 2011
    You can't beat this show. The Office is awesome. One of the greatest shows ever. It is always so hilarious. The cast is amazing and have such good chemistry. Steve Carell is crazy funny and makes a perfect Michael Scott. I wouldn't change a thing. As the show goes on so does the storyline so things are bound to change. Still amazing.
  10. Jan 26, 2011
    This season seams weird only because it introduces some plot. But it still is the same great show, just going new places. But it still is The Office. And that means it is awesome.
  11. Jan 21, 2011
    This show really went to s**t with this season. I mean, the writers dropped the ball on this one. Michael Scott starts to feel played out. Jim and Pam storyline is pretty dull and the most important thing of all... it's just not that funny. I'll have to say that this is one of the most disappointing seasons of a great show.
  12. Nov 6, 2010
    What makes the Office so funny is its wide array of characters and fantastic cast, although the quality of the show has definitely gone down some, it still remains one of the best comedies on t.v.
  13. Aug 13, 2010
    This show is a shell of what it once was. The situations, characters, and yes, even the awkwardness is so forced at this point that it's blatant and unfunny. One reviewer who said that the characters have become "cartoons" and caricatures of themselves hit the nail on the head. The "Mafia" episode was the first episode I remember being truly, truly bad, and it was followed by aboutThis show is a shell of what it once was. The situations, characters, and yes, even the awkwardness is so forced at this point that it's blatant and unfunny. One reviewer who said that the characters have become "cartoons" and caricatures of themselves hit the nail on the head. The "Mafia" episode was the first episode I remember being truly, truly bad, and it was followed by about 10-15 other equally bad or marginally better ones. There was an occasional funny episode, and the show seemed to pick up some momentum toward the end of the season, but the season finale was abysmal. Next season should be the final season when Steve Carrell leaves if anyone has any sense; despite the terrible writing, he's made a valiant effort to keep things funny. Short of bringing Ricky Gervais in to replace him, the show will be dead in the water. Parks & Rec has gotten way funnier while The Office has gone off a cliff. Collapse
  14. DylanP
    May 23, 2010
    They should probably cancel the show already. The characters are cartoonish and the humor ( or lack thereof) is not the same as in seasons 2-3. The main characters are now boring caricatures of themselves.
  15. TomW
    Apr 12, 2010
    As with previous seasons its ranges from average to very good. Michael and Andy, as usual, standout with Dwight consistent as ever. Its just a shame some of the plots aren't explored for longer - such as Michael's relationship with Pam's mother, Michael working in Sales etc. More quality rather than quanity of storylines would have made the series even better.
  16. ZoranZoran
    Apr 9, 2010
    All 6 seasons The Office is great ! Always funny, sometimes sad, but then funny again ! Maybe the 6th season isn't good as previous , but we hope that season 7 will be the BEST
  17. Chris
    Apr 2, 2010
    This show has changed rapidly in tone then previous seasons but it still remains funnier than most shows on television. Most people's expectations for the show are simply too high to let them recognize the greatness this show still can achieve
  18. Newton
    Feb 4, 2010
    This show is in a "The Emperor Has No Clothes" kind of situation. Anyone with a sense of clarity can see it's not funny anymore. The writing is very, very flat and I do not find myself caring about any of the characters. Go watch one of the first thirty episodes (seasons 1-2) and you'll see what I'm talking about. The Office has fallen a long way.
  19. JohnE
    Jan 31, 2010
    While the workplace formulas & cast dynamics seem a bit tired at times, this is still the funniest show on network TV (I'm partial to the Larry David school of obnoxious comedy). Even as a longtime fan, I'm often struck dumb during the awkward moments in new episodes -- they really play best on second viewing. And the plotlines are still wildly unpredictable, probably due to While the workplace formulas & cast dynamics seem a bit tired at times, this is still the funniest show on network TV (I'm partial to the Larry David school of obnoxious comedy). Even as a longtime fan, I'm often struck dumb during the awkward moments in new episodes -- they really play best on second viewing. And the plotlines are still wildly unpredictable, probably due to such a variety of talented writing. Perhaps one weakness is that the genius of Steve Carell is sometimes overused, or overexposed. Expand
  20. HannahS
    Jan 21, 2010
    I have to agree with Paul H and Mike G. The show was great Season 2-3, but the quality has just gone down hill. As much as I tried, the wedding episode didn't work for me, and the episodes are getting progressively less funnier. Obviously, a lot of commenters are still enjoying the show and that's what matters. On a side, I find Parks and Recreations to be very enjoyable.
  21. DukaK
    Jan 10, 2010
    Whole spectrum of different characters very well combined. I like seeing there reactions on all kind of ridicules situations they create (mostly Michael).
  22. MartyS
    Nov 10, 2009
    The Office is filled with crazy moments that either make you laugh out loud... or cringe in fear. Steve Carell takes his role seriously as Michael Scott, except that sometimes he might take it too far. The ensemble is great. Overall, this show show exploits the daliy woes of work and make them very humorous
  23. PaulH
    Nov 9, 2009
    I've found this season to be pretty forced and outlandish to the point of being unfunny. In general, all the characters seem to be shifting away from what made them funny in the first place, primarily Pam, Jim and Dwight, the three most focused upon characters aside from Michael. The youtube wedding (coupled with the obnoxiously long Chris Brown song) was agonizing to watch and a I've found this season to be pretty forced and outlandish to the point of being unfunny. In general, all the characters seem to be shifting away from what made them funny in the first place, primarily Pam, Jim and Dwight, the three most focused upon characters aside from Michael. The youtube wedding (coupled with the obnoxiously long Chris Brown song) was agonizing to watch and a pretty clear picture of where the show is going if the writers don't start working some miracles to undo the mess they've made. I am NOT looking forward to the baby situation with Pam and Jim as well -- very unlikely that they'll be able to create something funny out of something so banal and off-putting to a lot of viewers. As for the individual who said he has a Master's, did the educational institution you occupied as an adult for several years really convince you those pieces of paper you've acquired for easier employment equate to being "smart"? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess either business or psychology since you didn't state what you got your Master's in. Regardless, your time spent in school obviously didn't prepare you for the real world humor of Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld, who I should mention both appeared on one of the most hilarious episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm I've ever seen tonight. The Office has gone stale, but there's still a thin ray of hope. I'm going to continue watching and hold out for something to happen, but I think myself and a lot of others don't plan on doing so for much longer. On a side note, Andy and Creed continue to be hitting the mark week after week when other characters fall flat. Expand
  24. DevonC
    Oct 30, 2009
    After failing to win the Emmy award for best comedy series two years in a row. 30 Rock is always there to win. But not this time, usually The Office is an off and on sitcom, but this season, there is something to laugh about in every episode. This season is looking to beat 30 rock for best comedy.
  25. MichaelM
    Oct 30, 2009
    The show has steadily declined, it was great the first four years. There are the occasionally genuinely funny moments, but a lot of it seems forced and just unbelievable. As for Anthony M's comments - it's funny that he says a master's degree as well as a bachelor's. Duh, how can you have the master's with the other??
  26. SeanP.
    Oct 18, 2009
    This entire season has been absolutely top notch, the opening episode included. The 4th episode (hour long) was one of the funniest episodes ever. In regards to Anthony M claiming that he's smart enough to enjoy it... unless you have your Masters in a 'sense of humour', you really have no valid complaint.
  27. johnk
    Oct 17, 2009
    I believe that Anthony M is mentally insane. Seinfeld was a great show, as well as The Office. By the way, enjoying Seinfeld or The Office has nothing to do with how smart you are, just whether or not you have a sense of humor.
  28. BrettB.
    Oct 15, 2009
    Wow, there's no accounting for taste with some of these commenters. Anybody who gave this a lower score should revise it after the wedding episode. An all time classic.
  29. jamieh.
    Oct 13, 2009
    The Office is hands down the funniest show on TV and one of the few shows that isn't written for people with an IQ of 85...which sadly is who most sitcoms are aimed at.
  30. MattH.
    Oct 12, 2009
    A fan of the few first seasons of the show, I have been worn down by the Office's tired routine and the predictable antics of Michael Scott. Season five I felt was quite weak and this year is no different. There are obviously some good laughs to be had but the show seems to have struggled through plot and character developments. I do have to comment on Anthony M's post, A fan of the few first seasons of the show, I have been worn down by the Office's tired routine and the predictable antics of Michael Scott. Season five I felt was quite weak and this year is no different. There are obviously some good laughs to be had but the show seems to have struggled through plot and character developments. I do have to comment on Anthony M's post, criticizing Seinfeld and The Office. Seinfeld was a fantastic achievement in television comedy for nine seasons and truly is a show that you need to understand to find funny. Just because you have a master's and are smart on paper doesn't mean it'll translate to understanding the comedy genius of Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David. The Office drops down for some low brow humor here and there but has moments of success in situational comedy, social commentary, and witty writing. Still not as good as 30 Rock though. Expand
  31. KerimK.
    Oct 10, 2009
    Anthony- I don't think it's about intelligence, more about having the experience to be able to relate to the things going on. If you've never been in the situations that the characters on Seinfeld were in, you're not going to find it funny. I don't think The Office is like Seinfeld in that sense. It's more low-brow, straightfoward comedy. When compared to the Anthony- I don't think it's about intelligence, more about having the experience to be able to relate to the things going on. If you've never been in the situations that the characters on Seinfeld were in, you're not going to find it funny. I don't think The Office is like Seinfeld in that sense. It's more low-brow, straightfoward comedy. When compared to the countless crappy comedies on TV (Family Guy, Parks and Rec.), the show is phenomenal. If you compare it to it's own shining moments, you'll just be disappointed. Expand
  32. MarcF
    Oct 10, 2009
    A solid show that's obviously falling on hard times. The jokes are forced and heavy handed, and the antics have become unrealistically outrageous and gratuitous for the show. The Jim/Pam wedding really sealed the deal for me. This show may be dead.
  33. SierraA
    Oct 9, 2009
    The Office just hasn't been funny this season.
  34. AnthonyM.
    Oct 2, 2009
    I've tried watching this show, but it's just not that good. It's sort of the equivalent of Seinfeld, a show that a lot of people find humorous when it is really more bland than anything. Al ot of people have said that if you don't get Seinfeld (or the Office), then you're not smart enough to enjoy it. I find that disheartening considering I have a Master's I've tried watching this show, but it's just not that good. It's sort of the equivalent of Seinfeld, a show that a lot of people find humorous when it is really more bland than anything. Al ot of people have said that if you don't get Seinfeld (or the Office), then you're not smart enough to enjoy it. I find that disheartening considering I have a Master's Degree and a Bachelor's. Expand
  35. MikeG.
    Oct 1, 2009
    The Office is falling into that trap that "The Simpsons" fell in to years ago (how many years ago is a subject for debate between more ardent Simpsons fans than I). It's still a funny show and is one of the best shows on television. However, it doesn't hold up to its own high standards that it set in Seasons 2 and 3. The character development is lacking and some of the B plots The Office is falling into that trap that "The Simpsons" fell in to years ago (how many years ago is a subject for debate between more ardent Simpsons fans than I). It's still a funny show and is one of the best shows on television. However, it doesn't hold up to its own high standards that it set in Seasons 2 and 3. The character development is lacking and some of the B plots in Season 5 were absolute clunkers. The first two episodes this season were fine, but still don't quite hold up to the show's peak. Expand
  36. OleM
    Sep 30, 2009
    Hilarious!
  37. ShayS
    Sep 27, 2009
    I have never been so bored wathing a TV show.... guess there's a first time for everything.
  38. MotafajirH.
    Sep 24, 2009
    in Show Info, it's written: "Starring Rainn Wilson, Steve Carell, " huh? are you guys nuts? is should be: starring "Steve Carell, Rainn Wilson.."
  39. MatthewT
    Sep 18, 2009
    A very soft episode, esp. for a season opener. Hopefully not a indication of what to expect throughout the season.
  40. LyleS.
    Sep 17, 2009
    Solid - let's hope the whole season stays on this track.

The solidly entertaining season premiere of The Office is of a piece with last season's better episodes.
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Michael is a clinically interesting personality type who is profoundly unempathetic, until such times as he is very empathetic. The wonderful creative trick of The Office is knowing exactly the right moment to humanize Michael.
  3. It's a typically funny Office episode that makes good use of most of the cast.