The Office : Season 9

• Series Premiere Date: Mar 24, 2005
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
7.1

1. Oct 3, 2013
    7 episodes into it. A solid handful of laughable moments but no real enjoyable episodes. The majority of the season is focused on the main characters (such as Jim and Pam) while secondary characters (like Creed) are pushed to the side. Which is sort of disappointing because what made the show so good before was the fact that it wasn't just one character that made the show, It was the7 episodes into it. A solid handful of laughable moments but no real enjoyable episodes. The majority of the season is focused on the main characters (such as Jim and Pam) while secondary characters (like Creed) are pushed to the side. Which is sort of disappointing because what made the show so good before was the fact that it wasn't just one character that made the show, It was the entire cast. They sort of evened each other out so I never got sick of any of the characters but now that they are solely focusing on a small handful of them, I am starting to get annoyed with them just as much as I did with Steve Carell's character Michael during his last season of the show.

Also do not like how they are focusing on a main overall story instead of having it like they use to where they had the story but they also had a good handful of hilarious cut-aways to go to as well. That's what really help make the show so good and they should really bring that back.

So overall, It's been a pretty average season. It's enjoyable but no where near as good as it use to be.
  2. Feb 7, 2013
    They really should have ended it with season 7. It's not unbearable, but it's just tough to watch what's there while wondering what could have been. I've missed Michael's presence more than ever in the last few episodes, the characters we used to love have become uninteresting. Still, I'll keep faith and watch until the last episode, hoping it ends on a high note.
  3. Nov 24, 2012
    The first couple seasons are really great. But after steve carrel left the show became a money grab trash show. It literally died and became one of the worst shows on tv. Skip the last 2 seasons to savor the true "The Office" feeling till the end, otherwise get ready for season 8 and 9 to ruin the whole show for you.
  4. Jan 25, 2016
    My Rating: (9.0/10.0)

Great ending to a great show. Even without Steve Carell, "The Office" finished strong. Well worth watching, especially if you've seen the first 8 seasons already. Highly Recommend Season 9.
  5. Jun 28, 2016
    In my opinion, the levity of the show has been sucked out by the drama. They also seem to be taking all the characters to a point where none of them are good people. Andy had anger issues yes, but he was a nice guy. Now he's just sad and desperate. Oscar was a good guy, now he's having an affair. I just miss goofy lovable Michael days. When he would make childish decisions but he wasIn my opinion, the levity of the show has been sucked out by the drama. They also seem to be taking all the characters to a point where none of them are good people. Andy had anger issues yes, but he was a nice guy. Now he's just sad and desperate. Oscar was a good guy, now he's having an affair. I just miss goofy lovable Michael days. When he would make childish decisions but he was always a good person and loved his office. I feel like I'm pushing through. Each episode has it's moments that are funny, but the story arcs are making me not like some of my favorite characters. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Sep 20, 2012
    There is exactly one interesting storyline.
  2. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Sep 20, 2012
    most importantly, The Office is generally funnier than it was last season.
  3. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Sep 20, 2012
    One episode does not a season make. But the Season 9 premiere, "New Guys," is as uneven as most episodes have been for the last few years.