• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 10, 2006
5.3

1. MikeE
    Sep 13, 2006
    Um, many of the crucial scenes in the film....never happened. Like when Osama is surrounded in Afghanistan and the Clinton administration didn't move on it. Never happened. How can made up facts about 9/11 get a good review? Easy, people still don't know the facts.
  2. JH
    Sep 7, 2006
    Insulting.
    Sep 10, 2006
    Utterly discusting and shameful. This movie is a new low in television propaganda. It does not get any terrible then this. BS leads the way. Skip this one for your own good.
  4. DaveM
    Sep 10, 2006
    Fantastically terrible. Truely is a new low
  5. StuartS
    Sep 11, 2006
    It's all Clinton's penis' fault. How thoughtful of korporate America to produce a steaming pile of repiglican propaganda for joe slackjaw's consumption. And then dump it on us two months before the midterm election that could precipitate actual investigations of government as criminal enterprise aka the W administration. Harvey, we hardley knew ye.
  6. Andrew
    Propaganda.
  7. AnnB
    Sep 10, 2006
    i feel like throwing up...that stupid hand-held camera even when the subject matter is quiet; distortions; bad music; subject matter too important for a hack director like Cunningham.
  8. TLongino
    Sep 10, 2006
    Shamefully irresponsible and unbalanced depiction. Completely insulting to viewers. Give us all a little credit ABC... we're not idiots. Just give us the facts, we can assign blame on our own.
  9. LS
    Sep 13, 2006
    I took the time to watch the whole thing. BTW I'm not registered as a dem or a rep. I can't believe people are defending this thing as historically accurate. Try reading up on it. No not some slanted account, multiple sources that are recognized as being accurate. It's really quite bad as entertainment too. It's mawkish, hammy and condescending.
  10. JohnE
    Sep 13, 2006
    It was extremely sad and disgusting to sit through this piece of propanda. This docutrash makes a mockery of the 9/11 Commission Report and is an insult to our intelligence. Shame on ABC/Disney and to the FCC for allowing this distortion to go over our airwaves.
  11. LucyR
    Sep 8, 2006
    Boring, way too long, simplistic and stupid.
  12. EvanS
    Sep 8, 2006
    It's appropriate (and intensely frightening) that Walt Disney - parent company of ABC and the arbiter of fantasy - broadcasts a skewed portrayal of the events leading to 9/11. Harvey Keitel and Amy Madigan (!). Shame on you for participating in this agitprop. I'm sure Walt Disney is spinning in his grave, Really, where are we going?
  13. C.S.Strowbridge
    Sep 9, 2006
    It's political propaganda made by a Republican activist and if ABC shows it, they should lose their broadcast license as well as get sued by everyone they defamed.
  14. DJAdequate
    Sep 11, 2006
    Let's see. They misspelled Scty. Albrights name. They got the wrong Airline, confusing American with United. They mixed up the Washington Post with the Washington Time. They couldn't even bother to get the simple things right. Lazy, mixed up, and slanted. Also, boring.
  15. Yawn...
    Sep 11, 2006
    Meh, it's just o.k. at best. The dialog is wooden and I've seen better camera work at YouTube. I could care less about the politics, the shoddy craftsmanship makes this is a stinker from any cinematic point of view.
  16. tomr
    Sep 12, 2006
    yawn
  17. BobW
    Sep 13, 2006
    I'm kind of stunned that so many people can't see where this is slanted. Are they off, or am I? That aside, it's mostly fairly boring and pretentious -- at least an hour too long, and pretty erratic.And what's with the lady playing Madeleine Albright? She sounded like one of the those characters June Foray voiced on Jay Ward cartoons.
  18. ChrisT
    Sep 8, 2006
    I don't think a movie on such a serious subject should be done without facts and only facts...To imply that a previous administration is responsible is outragious especailly considering the damage the current administration has done to our country. Stick to the facts...
  19. JoeG
    Sep 9, 2006
    One word: booooooooooooooring. BTW, the handheld camera technique was kind of groundbreaking......in 1993. Now it's just lazy. People who want an INTERESTING movie about 9/11 should either rent "United 93." Better yet, tune into CNN, they're rerunning their 9/11 broadcast all day. If you still want more, watch a Frontline special, or look for a book on Amazon. But don't One word: booooooooooooooring. BTW, the handheld camera technique was kind of groundbreaking......in 1993. Now it's just lazy. People who want an INTERESTING movie about 9/11 should either rent "United 93." Better yet, tune into CNN, they're rerunning their 9/11 broadcast all day. If you still want more, watch a Frontline special, or look for a book on Amazon. But don't waste 5 hours on this. As drama, it's not compelling; as art, it's slick and dumbed down; and ABC's statement that it's "just a movie, not a documentary" raises doubts on whether it's even educational. Expand
  20. peter
    Sep 11, 2006
    just more propaganda to reinforce the "official" report. do some research for yourself and come to your own conclusion.
  21. JackL
    Sep 11, 2006
    This is the most transparent piece of propoganda I"ve ever seen. and I"m not even that political! When during one scene they cut to new footage of Monica Lewinsky and then Harvey Keitel's character bad mouths Bill Clinton, completely out of context with the rest of the story it lost all credibility. I'd expect this to have aired on Fox News or be produced by the Republican This is the most transparent piece of propoganda I"ve ever seen. and I"m not even that political! When during one scene they cut to new footage of Monica Lewinsky and then Harvey Keitel's character bad mouths Bill Clinton, completely out of context with the rest of the story it lost all credibility. I'd expect this to have aired on Fox News or be produced by the Republican National Committee. And I"d add that the acting is in many places very amateurish. Collapse
  22. SethS
    Sep 11, 2006
    ABC should have not showed this movie. It is fiction and should not be shown around 9/11
  23. JonR
    Sep 12, 2006
    The major premise was based on something that never happened, i.e., that the CIA and the Afghans had Bin Laden in their sights but let him go because the Clinton adminitstration wouldn't pull the trigger. None of it was true but it's in the movie anyway, so you've got to call it propaganda. As drama it was pretty weak, which is probably why it failed to get a big audience The major premise was based on something that never happened, i.e., that the CIA and the Afghans had Bin Laden in their sights but let him go because the Clinton adminitstration wouldn't pull the trigger. None of it was true but it's in the movie anyway, so you've got to call it propaganda. As drama it was pretty weak, which is probably why it failed to get a big audience share. ABC really stumbled on this one. Expand
  24. ThomasDuck
    Sep 19, 2006
    It's nice of ABC to be looking out for the general viewing public, in terms of content and stance on overeditorializing a drama based on loosely gathered facts that do nothing but condemn previous administrations and regale the current administration.
  25. SSantitoro
    Sep 21, 2006
    I THINK Americans are starting to recognize these pseudo-reenactments for the propaganda that they are. On the other hand, we have a LOT of honest-to-God stupidity to overcome out there before the hyperCorporate Republicans can be trusted to care about documented truth... Why, on why doesn't ANYONE remember that when Osama was anywhere NEAR "in the crosshairs" of our fire power, it I THINK Americans are starting to recognize these pseudo-reenactments for the propaganda that they are. On the other hand, we have a LOT of honest-to-God stupidity to overcome out there before the hyperCorporate Republicans can be trusted to care about documented truth... Why, on why doesn't ANYONE remember that when Osama was anywhere NEAR "in the crosshairs" of our fire power, it was completely ILLEGAL to kill him???!!! Timing, people.... the TRUTH is in the Timing! Does anyone feel ashamed yet for the crucification of Clinton during his presidency? ...anyone? ...anyone? Admitting it WILL make you feel better and might help us move toward positive growth again. Isn't THAT our moral responsibility? Isn't THAT our Patiotic Duty? Let's start caring about TRUTH again -- or at least the honest pursuit of Truth). Expand

The six-hour film plays like a 9/11 version of "Syriana" or "Traffic," replete with ultra-close-ups and so much shaky, hand-held footage it can feel like being led around the world, half-drunk and half-blind.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    It is intensely serious, and seriously well done.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    The results strain so hard to be objective and evenhanded that they're useless as drama. [8 Sep 2006, p.149]