The Path to 9/11 : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 10, 2006
5.3

1. LewR
    Sep 11, 2006
    Compelling, well acted. a story that demands to be told.
  2. ibrodsky
    Sep 11, 2006
    It's unfortunate that there is so much controversy about how the Clinton administration is portrayed. Path to 9/11 shows we have been at war since the early 1990s. Our leaders did not understand then, nor do they fully understand now. I don't know how anyone can dismiss the drama or relevance of this film based on blind political allegiances.
  3. KateL
    Sep 11, 2006
    Excellent. Loved the line "why is it always women who notice?" The movie gave me a much better appreiciation for the Afgan allies, espeically the informant who was killed on Sept.9. God Bless
  4. CaptainWacky
    Sep 11, 2006
    Haven't seen part two yet, but the first part was well-made and very absorbing. Yes, it did seem biased against the Clinton administration, but the first part ended while they were still in office. If the second episode is comparably unforgiving to the Bush administration, it will emerge with its dignity intact. Not really worth at 10, but I've given it one to counterbalance Haven't seen part two yet, but the first part was well-made and very absorbing. Yes, it did seem biased against the Clinton administration, but the first part ended while they were still in office. If the second episode is comparably unforgiving to the Bush administration, it will emerge with its dignity intact. Not really worth at 10, but I've given it one to counterbalance those dopey enough to think giving it a 0 is a wortwhile way of venting their political opinions. Expand
  5. GriffinW
    Sep 12, 2006
    It showed neither Dems or Reps in a positive light. A good summary of the build up to 9/11. Amazing number of reviewer panned it without having seen it. The truth is not always what we want to hear, but this dramatization is as close to accurate as it could be.
  6. NancyR.
    Sep 10, 2006
    Decent film. Just to comment on the controversy: This DocuDRAMA has brought out all the liberal protests, yet Michael Moore's political DocuMENTARY as widely supported by that same community. The irony is rich.
  7. Rob
    Sep 10, 2006
    The Clinton administration was in power for 8 years prior, ergo they must take the lion's share of the blame for any intelligence faults which led to 9/11. Indeed, the WTC was attacked on Clinton's watch once before in 1993. However, ultimately the blame lies with the Islamic terrorists who committed the heinous act in the first place. And no amount of partisan muck-throwing The Clinton administration was in power for 8 years prior, ergo they must take the lion's share of the blame for any intelligence faults which led to 9/11. Indeed, the WTC was attacked on Clinton's watch once before in 1993. However, ultimately the blame lies with the Islamic terrorists who committed the heinous act in the first place. And no amount of partisan muck-throwing will change that fact. Expand
  8. kater
    Sep 26, 2006
    truly excellent. Both parties look bad, but still most reviews are political.
  9. BobS
    Sep 9, 2006
    I'm sure the "critics" who gave this a 0 or low score have no political bias and are in no way lowering their score just to show how outraged they are about this miniseries. You'd think these guys would learn how to think for themeselves and top voting movies up and down based on their political leanings.
  10. michael
    Sep 9, 2006
    Typical liberal whining and hypocricy...rating this a zero before you view it? Yeah, you are all about free speech.
  11. MauriceF
    Sep 9, 2006
    "The Path to 9/11" is the best made-for-TV movie in years. It's the dullest, worst-shot TV movie so far since ABC's disastrous "Ten Commandments" remake. But hey, a work as shapely as it is sprawling -- no small trick -- it renders the complex history that led to 9/11 with a ripping power that can at times feel overwhelming.
  12. MattN
    Dec 26, 2006
    This excellent portrayal of the events leading up to the horrible, predictable, preventable events of 9/11, should be seen by everyone. See how officials fight each other instead of the countries enemies.
  13. CarsonF.
    Outstanding.
  14. bobj
    Sep 11, 2006
    Very well done - thought provoking!
  15. SirPatrick
    Sep 10, 2006
    The scenes I have seen on the internet make this a MUST see documentary . The Lefts apoplexy of hypocrisy (see F/911 , CBS' Reagan) only adds to my enjoyment..... Yes I am referring to you Seattle Post-Intelligencer's Melanie McFarland!!
  16. tonyc
    Sep 11, 2006
    bet it wouldhave been better unedited for the libby whiners
  17. MattS
    Sep 10, 2006
    I thought this was a brilliantly shot, gritty and fascinating insight into the run up to the disaster. keitel lends a steady slightly hawkish quality to his role and some of the battle sequences are brilliantly shot. I find the partisan criticisms of it all to familiar. Clinton has made a fool of himself by asking it to be pulled, and I'm a fan of Clinton, it's ment to be a I thought this was a brilliantly shot, gritty and fascinating insight into the run up to the disaster. keitel lends a steady slightly hawkish quality to his role and some of the battle sequences are brilliantly shot. I find the partisan criticisms of it all to familiar. Clinton has made a fool of himself by asking it to be pulled, and I'm a fan of Clinton, it's ment to be a Democracy Bill! I'm no surporter of Bush, but Clinton was in office when the 9/11 attacks were planed and in that respect must be complicit through bad leadership. This drama is highlighting that fact, to ignore it is just plane ignorance. Collapse
  18. Doug
    Sep 11, 2006
    It looks like a lot of those who voted 0 didn't see the movie. The first part was a riveting, artistically well done film. I wish it were a documentary rather than a docudrama, but the compilation of events was pretty accurate- it capured the overal tone. In fact it could have shown much more.
  19. JeffA
    Sep 11, 2006
    Accurately depicts the inaction of the Clinton Administration, and how it cost thousands of American lives.
  20. AWalker
    Sep 11, 2006
    I don't know why the liberals in this country are upset. All of their hate-America talking points were well represented in the terrorist's dialog. Plus, now they have an upcoming film depicting the assassination of Bush to salivate over. I suggest that those who consider this a propaganda piece report for duty at their local mosque; I understand that they are looking for recruits.
  21. MikeD
    Sep 10, 2006
    This miniseries is damn good for network TV! I saw the first part of it tonight while channel surfing and it brings you right into the story. The only down side is that it was edited b/c of the Clinton administration to make him look less guilty for not getting Bin Laden when we had the chance. The second part looks just as good as the first. It does a real good job at bringing together This miniseries is damn good for network TV! I saw the first part of it tonight while channel surfing and it brings you right into the story. The only down side is that it was edited b/c of the Clinton administration to make him look less guilty for not getting Bin Laden when we had the chance. The second part looks just as good as the first. It does a real good job at bringing together the whole storyline from the 93 WTC bombing to 9/11. Well done ABC but next time, please no bowing down to censorship. Expand
  22. NMcCord
    Sep 12, 2006
    Excellent. Made both parties look very bad. Well researched because it relied upon interviews with hthose who were there and had no political agenda and not on the 9/11 report exclusively.
  23. MitchS
    Sep 10, 2006
    The first night was excellent. I have no idea what the critic from the Sun-Times was watching. Perhaps he's merely a supporter of big-government beaurocracy which was responsible for missing Bin Laden during the Clinton Era. Donnie Whalberg, Amy Madigan, Harvey Keitel and the wonderful arab actors were tremendous. This film can be mentioned in the same sentence as "Syrianna" and The first night was excellent. I have no idea what the critic from the Sun-Times was watching. Perhaps he's merely a supporter of big-government beaurocracy which was responsible for missing Bin Laden during the Clinton Era. Donnie Whalberg, Amy Madigan, Harvey Keitel and the wonderful arab actors were tremendous. This film can be mentioned in the same sentence as "Syrianna" and "Traffic." I'm a little shocked that it's a disney movie. I'm eager to see part II. Expand
  24. anup
    Sep 12, 2006
    it was very thought proking and very well made
  25. AnthonyO
    Sep 22, 2006
    They pegged Madeline Albright on looks and attitude. Over all, it was good. I hope someone continues the story with "Post 9/11", I'd watch it. I want this one for my DVD collection.
  26. BizT
    Jan 3, 2007
    Fantastic! The only doubt I have is that Richard Clarke truly understood the threat from al-Qaeda and least of all that he was the only one who did. Although Stephen Root does a good job capturing the arrogance and phony humility Richard Clarke showed in his testimony before the 9/11 commission.
  27. JL
    Sep 11, 2006
    Gut-Wrenching. Felt like I was re-living the events of 9/11 especially towards the end when the events of the very day were depicted. Excellent acting by Harvey Keitel, Donnie Wahlberg and the rest of the cast. Probably the best "docudrama" mini-series mad for TV in recent history. The hand-held camera work gives it a feeling of being there.
  28. DG
    Sep 11, 2006
    It's about time a movie this compelling and challenging for so many to watch comes out on the eve of 9/11. How many of you even took the time to watch this. You get heated up b/c some loose nut politician denouced this. Free speech please! Diversity of opinion please! Hypocrisy and intolerance, thanks.
  29. T.J.B.
    Sep 12, 2006
    There's nothing like connecting the dots to help us know just how serious the terrorist problem is. This movie revealed hatred in all it's forms and I hope it woke America up again. As for the edgy style that others think is amatuerish, well, there's all kinds of different tastes in music too, and that doesn't mean rap is better than rock. So much interference from There's nothing like connecting the dots to help us know just how serious the terrorist problem is. This movie revealed hatred in all it's forms and I hope it woke America up again. As for the edgy style that others think is amatuerish, well, there's all kinds of different tastes in music too, and that doesn't mean rap is better than rock. So much interference from poliical correctess had the effect of stopping a agent that is trying to conduct a murder investigation. Isn't staying alive and keeping attacks from happening more important than offending someone's feelings? Expand

The six-hour film plays like a 9/11 version of "Syriana" or "Traffic," replete with ultra-close-ups and so much shaky, hand-held footage it can feel like being led around the world, half-drunk and half-blind.
    It is intensely serious, and seriously well done.
  3. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    The results strain so hard to be objective and evenhanded that they're useless as drama. [8 Sep 2006, p.149]