• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 19, 2011
5.8

1. Sep 24, 2011
    Not as bad as I pictured it. Of course I've always viewed the entire Playboy empire as a bit of a farce. Hefner (or the Heff-like narrator) tries to sell himself as a pioneer of civil and women's rights while he has women prancing around with bunny ears and cotton tails sticking out of their bums. I wonder how many times the phrase "like Madmen" was tossed around during the writers meetings?
  2. Sep 24, 2011
    I read some negative reviews on this one, so I almost didn't check it out. I'm glad I did though, there was a lot to like here. Eddie Cibrian proved that he's way too hot for Leanne Rimes, and some of the hot chicks could act. Drawbacks here include allowing Hugh Hefner to narrate even with his loose dentures (gag) and not casting a hot young actor as Heff. In the pilot he's only shownI read some negative reviews on this one, so I almost didn't check it out. I'm glad I did though, there was a lot to like here. Eddie Cibrian proved that he's way too hot for Leanne Rimes, and some of the hot chicks could act. Drawbacks here include allowing Hugh Hefner to narrate even with his loose dentures (gag) and not casting a hot young actor as Heff. In the pilot he's only shown from behind at the end. Fix that and I'll watch again. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Nancy Franklin
    Sep 26, 2011
    I said that The Playboy Club might be promising. Guess what? I lied.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Sep 20, 2011
    They want to be both fun and edifying and end up being neither, and style-wise, they feel too much like Wikipedia entries with actors. The series might have managed to overcome these problems (partly, at least) if it had a a strong point-of-view, however conflicted, toward what it's showing us. But it doesn't.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Sep 20, 2011
    The whole thing quickly becomes hokey and a grind. Blame goes consistently to the writing.