• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 19, 2011
  • Season #: 1
5.8

1. Nov 5, 2011
    I really liked this show, certainly was better than most of the other new shows out there. I can't believe they pulled it after 3 weeks. Thought it was well made and had some good drama going on, not to mention some good eye candy. Hopefully the rest of the series will be out on DVD
  2. Sep 30, 2011
    Maybe this won't be the best series of the year. However, it is not as bad as some critics paint it. People are affronted by The Playboy Club-give it a rest you crazy prudes. It is focussed on the 1960's era and as a result is a la Mad Men in values. Should it be changed for our era which is far raunchier? Amber Heard is eye worthy and the storyline is worth following. Give it a go!

1. Reviewed by: Nancy Franklin
    Sep 26, 2011
    I said that The Playboy Club might be promising. Guess what? I lied.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Sep 20, 2011
    They want to be both fun and edifying and end up being neither, and style-wise, they feel too much like Wikipedia entries with actors. The series might have managed to overcome these problems (partly, at least) if it had a a strong point-of-view, however conflicted, toward what it's showing us. But it doesn't.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Sep 20, 2011
    The whole thing quickly becomes hokey and a grind. Blame goes consistently to the writing.