• Network: Bravo
  • Series Premiere Date: Aug 5, 2010
  • Season #: 1
3.1

1. Aug 13, 2010
    Yes, I'm a reality TV fiend - it's good to have on the TV when doing mindless tasks. You hear the yapping without having to look at the TV much. But this series? Extremely thin. Almost as thin as the WH Crasher herself. I will say that the political argument between the ladies was uncharacteristically restrained for Washington. They saved the backbiting for the private camera moments. So is that cowardice? Tact? Probably a bit of each. OK, maybe there is a bit more to this than I at first suggested. But not as "juicy" as Orange County, NY, or NJ - not that I watched those!! (much) Expand

1. The Salahis are the attraction here. Judging from the season teaser, the show will spend the entire season building up to the infamous dinner-crashing scene, to which the Bravo cameras appear to had access. Remember, a fame whore needs your attention to survive. Look away now.
    The show promises to raise a number of real issues, from race relations to gay marriage. You probably wouldn't vote these women into political office, but they do seem to be above hair weave-pulling. Good for you? I wouldn't go that far. But despite its best efforts, "Real Housewives of D.C." is educational TV.
  3. Housewives D.C. offers neither a portrait of Washington insider society, to which its stars have no access, or even an unvarnished look at any person's real life. People are more complicated than this, and (for much of the day) more normal--what in this context would be called "boring."