• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 12, 2007
Season #: 1, 2
8.6

1. Jun 15, 2013
    Loved the Riches wish there was more it explored humans struggle of what is enough and they find out
    stuff does not make you happy love does you could be the poorest person on earth but you might be the happyest because if you loose your stuff but still have your family your Rich with Love
  2. Feb 23, 2013
    The Riches is the most recent TV show I've been watching from my Netflix que, and I have one question. How in the world could they cancel it!? More people watched the premier of The Riches than ever watched an episode of the Shield or Rescue Me. It's also got to be one of the most creative shows I've ever seen!

The show centers around the Molloy family, a family of modern day gypsies.

The show centers around the Molloy family, a family of modern day gypsies. Today is a big day for them as the matriarch of their family is being released from jail, after serving a two year sentence. A big party is thrown for her and all seems well in the Molloy family, but things aren't what they seem. The Molloy family is forced to leave their camp. Wayne (Eddie Izzard) is not going empty handed thou. Before leaving he cracks the camp leaders safe and takes a substantial amount of money.

Once on the road, they run into another family from camp, that had been oblivious to what was going on. It doesn't take them long to realize something isn't right, but before they can confront them, the Molloy's take off and a big highway RV chase begins. During the chase a passing motorist and his wife are killed. The man and woman are Doug and Shrine Rich, and they are on their way to a new home in Eden Falls. Doug was a savvy lawyer, who made a fortune at the expense of others. On this day he and his new wife were on the run also, moving away from everyone and everything they've ever known to move to a new state and into a new house they bought on the internet. Thanks to paper work in the car, Wayne Molloy quickly realizes who these people were and where they were going. It is then that he decides it's time to stop travelling the country and settle into a nice, normal, "buffer", lifestyle. Living in Eden Falls as Doug and Shrine.

Along with their 3 kids, the Molloy's try to adapt from being a family of travelers to a family of wealth and stability. The show is amazing! There are so many twist and turns, cons and jokes, ups and downs, It's so well written with an outrageous cast of characters, and most important of all, a storyline I promise you have never seen before! The show was cancelled by FX in late 2008, but both seasons are available on Netflix, and according to Wikipedia, Eddie Izzard and the show's creator are currently working on a full length feature film. If you want something different crossing comedy, drama, and action, then I'd say The Riches are for you!
  3. elainef.
    Nov 9, 2007
    I miss The Riches. One of the funniest shows I've ever seen...clever, satirical,fabulous acting. Come back soon.
  4. VukosiF.
    Oct 16, 2007
    The best most realistic comic ive ever watched
  5. AlyA.
    Aug 22, 2007
    I set my Tivo to it so I would never miss it. It is such an interesting concept. I can't wait for next season.
  6. miriamh.
    Jul 2, 2007
    Wow! Wouldn't miss for anything. Wonderfully quirky. Amazing TV!
  7. WillamH.
    Jun 20, 2007
    It's an outstanding show. I hope there is a season2.
  8. marisav.
    Jun 6, 2007
    is different, crazy, intriguing super cool
  9. KimberlyR.
    May 29, 2007
    Love this show! Prior to the first airing of the show, I thought the previews looked ridiculous and knew I wouldn't be watching...but I was ousted when my boyfriend insisted on watching. Much to my surprise, the storyline is actually quite captivating and the acting is superb. For once, there's a series where ALL the actors/actresses add to the story and it keeps me coming back Love this show! Prior to the first airing of the show, I thought the previews looked ridiculous and knew I wouldn't be watching...but I was ousted when my boyfriend insisted on watching. Much to my surprise, the storyline is actually quite captivating and the acting is superb. For once, there's a series where ALL the actors/actresses add to the story and it keeps me coming back each week. I'm very interested to find out how long they keep up the chirade. Expand
  10. StephenH.
    May 28, 2007
    After a slightly shaky start, this show has improved each week and become a can't miss...
  11. chrisc.
    May 22, 2007
    Best show in years.
  12. BonnieR
    May 15, 2007
    If I could rate The Riches higher I would. What a smart new take on TV. The storylines and acting are superb. I can't wait until the next episode and to think there are only 2 left before the Finale. I hope there will be sequel - can't get enough. Thanks to the writers for great scripts. Of course I can't say enough about the Rich family! Good show!
  13. WendyP
    May 10, 2007
    It's fascinating...I can't wait to see more. Let's hope future episodes are as good as the first.
  14. StacyO
    May 3, 2007
    A show in a league all of it's own! I love this show and pass the word to anyone who will listen! Izzard can act with just his eyes. A talented cast and storyline that I believe every word of! Great!
  15. jeremyf
    Apr 30, 2007
    This story is completely unbelievable. There is no way they could get away with it in real life. It's stupid and annoying that they ARE getting away with it. It's false. But somehow... you don't care. This is show is witty, funny, and keeps you interested in the story. Minnie Driver is a fantastic actress, and I don't know why she isn't is more tv shows or films. This story is completely unbelievable. There is no way they could get away with it in real life. It's stupid and annoying that they ARE getting away with it. It's false. But somehow... you don't care. This is show is witty, funny, and keeps you interested in the story. Minnie Driver is a fantastic actress, and I don't know why she isn't is more tv shows or films. Eddie Izzard is pretty good too. I've read his english accent is terrible. I don't really think so; his voice fits him. The children, esepcially Di Di, are really funny. I like this show a lot, and it's probably one of the best, most compelling, and most inventive show of the new year so far. Expand
  16. R.J.Fernandez
    Apr 26, 2007
    Huge fan of Eddie Izzard, so I was looking forward to this. The premis is a bit unbelieveable, but then wouldn't that negate 99.99% of all TV shows? I'm hooked.
  17. Stacie`R
    Apr 17, 2007
    the story is believable, the characters appealling & interesting - the fact that their accents shift (as previously mentioned) only adds to the suspense - Will someone catch them in a slip - can't wait each week to see the next episode - I love Eddie and have always loved Minnie in anything!!
  18. meme
    Apr 13, 2007
    Cons, thievery, drama! This show is awesome!
  19. sabrinap
    Apr 10, 2007
    The acting is superb, the story is unique, which is difficult if not impossible in this day and age, Izzard and Driver are dynamic, and it keeps you on the edge of your seat with each new episode
  20. MikeS
    Apr 6, 2007
    This show is superb! Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver are phenomenal and the acting is first rate. I wish more shows on television were this edgy and compelling. THIS IS MUST SEE TV!!!!
  21. LauraD
    Apr 4, 2007
    I LOVE this show.It's gutsy,dark,and unlike anything else on television.The acting and writing are superb.I hop people tune in so that this show lasts.
  22. DanS
    Mar 28, 2007
    This show is Entertaining. There are few series on TV now that can be called that. The story line has problems with credibility, but nonetheless, you'll be rewarded with excellent performances, humorous scenes, and to a lesser extent, drama and tension. I do predict that both Izzard and Driver will be nominated for Emmys. If anything, watch the show to see them in action.
  23. seanb
    Mar 26, 2007
    good show like the writting it 's niffty keep up the good work
  24. MercedesL
    Mar 25, 2007
    Just to think that this could even happen.How far can it go and whats most interesting is to see what they come up with to get out of all the spots their put in." Fasinating"
  25. BruceS
    Mar 25, 2007
    Riches is so enjoyable that I fear it will vanish just as 100 Centre Street did several years ago. Hopefully the script and acting will continue to be as good as the first 2 episodes.
  26. MikeG
    Mar 23, 2007
    I saw the first two episodes and thought they were dynamic and hilarious. This I assure you will be a force to be rekoned with on tv. The acting was superb, Izzard and Driver show you what REAL tv should be. I love it!!!
  27. StacyZ
    Mar 22, 2007
    I loved it! The only problem for me is that it comes on at 11:00 p.m in my area and I go to bed early. This may be worth getting tivo.
  28. JannaK
    Mar 21, 2007
    Eddie Izzard is great in this unique, well-written and -performed show. So far, so good!
  29. MarcE
    Mar 21, 2007
    Don't get me wrong I really think Eddy Izzard is a great talent , but he is horribly miscast as the lead role in this surpriisingly weak show from FX. I think the y normally have the best shows on TV but this is a miss.
  30. valerier
    Mar 20, 2007
    Love this show, great actors!
  31. MarkK
    Mar 17, 2007
    This is a comedy? Hopfully things will pick up after this very dramatic dark pilot.
  32. MimiB
    Mar 17, 2007
    The Riches are something different, with great acting, an unusual premise and engaging characters. It's now on my must see or Tivo list.
  33. leef
    Mar 15, 2007
    Better than most of the drivel on tv now ... enjoyed it, enjoyed the intelligence of the dialogue. Worth watching.
  34. CydP
    Mar 15, 2007
    It's about time Americans discovered the comedic genius of Eddie Izzard. He needs to be a huge star. Yes, people will rave about how deliciously dark and wonderful this drama/comedy is - and they should - the plot doesn't have to be rocket science. Look at the success of Seinfield and the Office - plot? How about entertainment? It doesn't get any better than watching Izzard.
  35. JoeG
    Mar 14, 2007
    Eddie Izzard's accent continually switches from Southern hick to New York Jew, to NJ wise guy, to cockney chimney swift. Not even the numerous clichés are coherent with one another. The characters are so shallow and fake that you almost can
  36. JamesP
    Mar 13, 2007
    Yes, there were some cliches, the intended groom of the daughter was way over or under the top, the arrogant rich guy at the golf clubbut some touches were so subltle and just under the radar. Take Minnie's corn rows as she walks out of prison, or her sneaking Nyquill, or the dying driver [lawyer] asking Izzard if he has coverage. This show could go downhill fast but it has mucho Yes, there were some cliches, the intended groom of the daughter was way over or under the top, the arrogant rich guy at the golf clubbut some touches were so subltle and just under the radar. Take Minnie's corn rows as she walks out of prison, or her sneaking Nyquill, or the dying driver [lawyer] asking Izzard if he has coverage. This show could go downhill fast but it has mucho promise at the start. Expand
  37. SDHensley
    Mar 13, 2007
    So disappointed by the show and by the rave reviews although not surprised by the latter given the sad, degenerate state of the general viewing public. One knows that people like this exist but we, or I anyway, don't want to watch them for entertainment, good acting notwithstanding.
  38. e
    Mar 13, 2007
    Eddie Izzard is great and the show is addicting
  39. MelK
    Mar 13, 2007
    I love how dark the show is, and Eddie is fantastic. I'm really excited for he show.
  40. PamF
    I loved it!
  41. akthx
    Mar 13, 2007
    Rather boring with a one interesting character (the daughter).
  42. MikeN
    Mar 13, 2007
    It takes a while to get started and is a little over-the-top in it's depiction of both white trash and Gated garbage, but The Riches succeeds where it counts.It gives you characters to root for, characters who you want to watch. And that is more than enough to make it the best show on television, given the fact that competition for that title currently consists of dull melodramas It takes a while to get started and is a little over-the-top in it's depiction of both white trash and Gated garbage, but The Riches succeeds where it counts.It gives you characters to root for, characters who you want to watch. And that is more than enough to make it the best show on television, given the fact that competition for that title currently consists of dull melodramas like Battlestar Galactica, repetitive, explotitive torture-advocacy shows (24), worn-out HBO mafia procedurals (Sopranos), obscurantist drivel (Lost) and a medical show with a Brit doing an American accent (cough, cough) that's on the edge of being trapped by its own formula. Expand
  43. mikeh
    Mar 13, 2007
    solid, funny, and complex. great characters and great actors. poised to be the next cable superhit.
  44. billk
    Mar 12, 2007
    This show was supposed to be funny? Unbelievable and terrible premise. How else can we glamorize crime.
  45. LoreenB
    Mar 12, 2007
    The acting is wonderful ...everyone in the cast is superb....such a concept...holds my interest..and the best part is the variation of laughs and drama...I think the writing is smart.... will watch each week... Bravo
  46. RyanD.
    Mar 12, 2007
    Its damn interesting! For a time ,and then its interesting! AGAIN!

This is a meaty show about the complex allure of easy wealth and the traps it sets for one’s personal morality.
  2. I suppose some of it is funny, as in a Kafka/Beckett/Pinter soft-shoe shuffle of grotesques. Still, what’s so far much more mesmerizing about The Riches is class war and caste hate.
    My guess is that lots of people are going to rave about how deliciously dark and weird this drama is, but before you believe them, take a minute and imagine Minnie Driver with a fake Southern accent. Now imagine Eddie Izzard with an American accent that's so bad, it makes his voice sound almost computerized. Next, throw in some demonic rednecks straight out of "Deliverance." Are you getting hot yet?