• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Feb 19, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
8.5

1. Apr 3, 2011
    Very, very funny. Karl Pilkington is an idiot. See through skin, SERIOUSLY!!! You know what, he may be the funniest, but without Ricky Gervais & Stephen Merchant setting up the jokes then he wouldn't be funny at all. But luckily, it is a hilarious show! 10/10
  2. Jun 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing show, I couldn't stand the cartoon thing at first so I ignored it. However after watching an idiot abroad I had to watch it and it's amazing! I love Ricky Gervais's humor and Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkinton all together is outstanding. Best line ever is "alright Louis, alright superman, ermm who are you superman?... I can't tell you Louis" OMG my sides were hurting. I hope Ricky Gervais makes more shows or carry's on making this and an idiot abroad with Stephen Merchant as they are genius! I would like to add that the golden globe show from the states was hilarious and the Americans need to watch more of RG to understand his humor. Ricky, Stephen and Karl I love you all, if you read this please do an autograph signing somewhere as I would love to meet you! At the end of the day if there were more shows like this then tv would be good again as right now it's either "we've got no" talent shows or endless repeats of top gear on Dave. That about sums up my sky subscription. "well your not coming back here f**k off" looooool they have done it before haha. WATCH THE SHOW! Expand
  3. Dec 19, 2013
    Those of you that listened to the podcasts on-line will quickly realise that much of the material in this first series is repeated but when it is as funny as this who really cares?

The only thing added by the TV show are the animations to go along with Karl Pilkington's crazy stories and ideas but these really do add the entertainment often making it even more funny. If you've never
    listened to Karl Pilkington you are really missing out and I would definitely recommend you pick up this animated comedy gem. Expand
  4. Jul 14, 2011
    Extremely funny. Every single episode is absolutely hilarious. I don't live in the UK so I didn't hear the radio show but I've been watching it on HBO and it is awesome. 10 out of 10

1. Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Jan 14, 2011
    Alas, HBO has come up with a dull, unimaginative interpretation of the podcast, essentially giving us animated versions of the three men sitting in a sound booth talking into microphones.
  2. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Jan 14, 2011
    Oh, you'll laugh. But you probably won't remember much of it the next day.
  3. Reviewed by: Aubry D\'Arminio
    Jan 14, 2011
    This '60s-style animated edition of their record-breaking podcast, featuring cartoon versions of the duo and idiot savant sidekick Karl Pilkington, magnifies everything venal and childish about the original (jokes about dildos on sticks and monkeys on benders) while masking its incredible wit.