The Sarah Silverman Program : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3
5.0

1. peterd
    Feb 10, 2007
    The greatest comic talent of her generation has taken a turn that I have found puzzling. If the humor is repulusive, there is something wrong with the humor. Hail to TV for putting on this Goddess, but a great pity that her comedy has developed in the way that it has. Of course her great talent is apparent. For anyone who has missed the idea this show is,Pee Wee's Playhouse redone The greatest comic talent of her generation has taken a turn that I have found puzzling. If the humor is repulusive, there is something wrong with the humor. Hail to TV for putting on this Goddess, but a great pity that her comedy has developed in the way that it has. Of course her great talent is apparent. For anyone who has missed the idea this show is,Pee Wee's Playhouse redone with the star now a malevelent narcissitic woman. Expand
  2. NickM
    Feb 4, 2007
    the show relyed on vulger, childish, and immature comedy for a lot of it, which grows very tiring, but sarah the main character is both comical and loveable.....ill give the show another try, but i doubt ill be a dedicated watcher every week
  3. NatC
    Mar 13, 2007
    Pretty Bad so far......hopefully will get better....Comedy Central why have you deserted me? I've had to resort to watching the networks to get a good laugh! Thank goodness for reruns of "Scrubs" !!
  4. JeezLouise
    Mar 5, 2007
    I watched the show for about 10 minutes, and I could actually feel my brain cells committing suicide. Ms. Silverman's grating "comedy" worked on Saturday Night Live in small doses but her own show is tortuous to watch. Her offensive and obnoxious "acting" seems to define her as a person, since this is the only schtick she's got.
  5. DaveB
    Mar 7, 2007
    not hysterical, but not painful to watch either, Like a less funny strangers with candy
    Feb 6, 2007
    tries way to hard to be funny but ends up being annoying
  7. DanielB
    Feb 14, 2007
    Mediocre work from a mediocre talent. She was good on Mr. Show, and that's about it
  8. NateJ
    Feb 17, 2007
    very dumb but naked trucker is much much much worse i hate that show take it off the air comedy central is to good of a network to put these shows on.

1. Where her movie overstayed its welcome, the quick-shot format of TV works beautifully. The result is haphazard, amoral, ridiculous, wildly offensive...and, you know, totally hilarious.
    The Sarah Silverman Program is a welcome outlet for Silverman’s brand of outlandishness, blessedly stingy with its desire to breach mores, and much more concerned with decorating its late-night comedy turf so that it can welcome any kind of unexpected laugh: shock, parody, irony, insult humor or absurdity.
  3. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The pilot... iis actually the least funny of the three episodes I saw; in the other two, "Sarah" and the other characters are much better developed and the stories hang together better. Still, it's an acquired tastelessness.