The Sarah Silverman Program : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3
5.0

1. nbc
    Aug 17, 2010
    The Sarah Silverman Program is a masterpiece of vulgarity and racism. Sarah Silverman is unapologetically offensive and rude which makes her all the more hilarious. The show has its share of misses, but it usually hits right on target. I love it.
  2. NancyW
    Feb 2, 2007
    very offensive and very funny. Just saw the first episode and would imagine they will sharpen characters a bit more. Can't wait to see more!
  3. DavidW.
    Feb 3, 2007
    Sarah Silverman is awesome. If only the show were only a little bit longer....
  4. SusanT.
    Feb 3, 2007
    Damn, this show is hella interesting. She's as funny as shit. One of the best female comedians today. Hot and vulgar. I like it.
  5. JimC
    Feb 3, 2007
    I laughed until I almost cried. I don't normally like musical comedy -- but it works.
  6. JulioM
    Feb 4, 2007
    Not only funny, irreverent but witty too.
  7. Kim
    Mar 12, 2007
    LOVE it!
  8. RockyR
    Feb 2, 2007
    Funny. Very funny. I wasn't a particular fan of Sarah Silverman's before but this was smart and ridiculous. And, it made me laugh. Can't ask for more.
  9. ChrisW
    Feb 2, 2007
    She's amazing and sexy. Oh, and funny too!
  10. TacoBiscuit
    Feb 2, 2007
    Pretty funny program ... much funnier than the ads for it suggested.
  11. RebeccaS
    Feb 23, 2007
    Pretty funny. Bit of potty humor. C+
  12. Mark
    Feb 24, 2007
    If you don't like this show, you truly are a moron with no taste in anything.
  13. WillB
    Feb 2, 2007
    This show has the potential to be great. Way better than Comedy Central deserves. They should bring back Stella and pair the two. God, I hate the naked trucker. Also, I hate T-bone. The Sarah Silverman Program is a really sweet way to go to hell.
  14. cables
    Feb 26, 2007
    hilarious.
  15. CB
    Feb 2, 2007
    Brilliant. Although much of the show involves 5th grade jokes, Silerman weaves them in a smart fashion. Jay Jonston is great in the pilot...
  16. JoeMama
    Feb 2, 2007
    Sarah Silverman is terrifically funny. This show is fantastic.
  17. D.Shizzle
    Feb 3, 2007
    "The Holocaust was completely uncalled for", funny stuff.
  18. ElliotG
    Feb 3, 2007
    Terrific show. I couldn't stop laughing.
  19. ajjay
    Feb 4, 2007
    Walks the fine line between offensive and hilarious and only occasionally ends up on the wrong side of the line. Shows a lot of potential to be a great comedy.
  20. robbiem
    Feb 5, 2007
    excellent
  21. CindyVortex
    Feb 5, 2007
    Brilliant. Ridiculous. Imaginative. I loved this show; it was literally laugh out loud hilarious. Watched the re-run a while ago with a few friends and we were all cracking up.
  22. MichaelS
    Feb 8, 2007
    A few kinks to work out, but with the right hazy atmosphere, this show will make you laugh with its mix of off-the-wall shifts, physical "gags," and Silverman one-liners.
  23. LiamS
    Feb 8, 2007
    If you hold the show up to any standards of realism you're missing the point.
  24. chrism
    Mar 10, 2007
    Brilliant show.
  25. KA
    Mar 25, 2007
    Sarah Silverman is hysterical. It's nice to see shock humor coming from the female perspective for once. It's hard to stomach the misogyny in Family Guy after awhile!
  26. VinceS.
    Sep 30, 2007
    Loved every second of the show. Can't wait for the new season.
  27. BrianB
    Sep 24, 2008
    The show may have a juvenile, immature, self-centered, and all-around insulting lead character, but she is very funny. She pokes fun at everything our society deems as taboo, and does so with an almost child-like naivety. I think the show is great and insulting at the same time. And, her jokes should not be taken too seriously, which, I believe, is the whole point of the show.
  28. JohnnyL
    Feb 20, 2007
    love the show, it's so funny!!!!!!!
  29. MK
    Feb 20, 2007
    Very funny - if u liked Jesus is Magic - u will understand the humour - clearly not for everyone...she's no Ugly Betty!
  30. DavidD
    Feb 2, 2007
    The show has great potential, but it isn't as good as her stand-up act. If you like Sarah Silverman, you will love this show. Hopefully they improve in the coming episodes.
  31. RobertF
    Feb 25, 2007
    great writing
  32. timm
    Feb 6, 2007
    hahahahahahahahahahilarious seen it like 3 times already.
  33. JayA
    Mar 11, 2007
    I was never a fan of her standup, but this show is suprisingly good.
  34. DaveM
    Mar 13, 2007
    Excellent! The pilot was actually a little weak, but I decided to give it a second shot...glad I did. I watched all the rest and found them laugh out loud funny. Hope Comedy Central gives this a shot and a chance to find it's audience. Delightfully twisted!
  35. TraciW
    Mar 17, 2007
    haha i love this show. defenatly one of the funniest things ive ever watched
  36. JeffreyS
    Mar 4, 2007
    I'm a huge fan of Big S and as such really loved the pilot. As usual her unique brand of humour will be lost on some but that's to be expected. Rent Jesus Is Magic, or check her out on YouTube -- if she bugs you then don't tune in to the Sarah Silverman Program.
  37. MarkD.
    Jun 17, 2007
    I found the first four episodes to be pretty rife with unexpected and off-center jokes. I think Sarah has made a significantly offbeat comedy that can last a couple of seasons. The pacing is sort of all over the place, but that's sort of what gives it its charm. She plays a very disturbed character, and does well with it. I also give her mad props for being from New Hampshire.
  38. SteveC
    Jul 14, 2007
    The character interaction and editing was a little stilted for the first few episodes, but by episode 4, this show had really hit its stride. Creative, irreverent, twisted, and hilarious, Sarah Silverman never fails to offend anyone with her sucker-punch dialog.
  39. KannanJ.
    Jan 28, 2008
    Awesome show. Yeah it's crude but thats part of it's charm. Also all these people giving it zero seems a bit fishy.
  40. AndrewS.
    Jul 14, 2008
    It's good, if you like the ridiculous sarcasm all through out.
  41. NigelN.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Hilarious! I liked Silverman's work since Jesus is Magic.
  42. BobC
    Feb 11, 2007
    For all you idiots that say this show is "juvenile", immature and what not. FYI, it's supposed to be that way, that's what makes it funny. It's originality and pure unexpected silliness is what makes it strikingly good. Sarah does a great job in this hilarious sitcom.
  43. RobbC
    Feb 14, 2007
    Wasn't the best but still very funny, Zach R is an Emo, and i bet you right now he is cutting himself in the corner with the lights off .
  44. funkspiel
    Feb 21, 2007
    I love Sarah, she can lick jelly off my manhood any day. But this show is too scatological for me.
  45. BrandonM
    Feb 22, 2007
    This is a very funny show, Sarah Silverman doesn't dissapoint. I found myself laughing so hard I couldn't breath, however my girlfriend doesn't think it's funny I hope the show lasts!
  46. SCOTTS
    Feb 28, 2007
    Very original
  47. SteveG
    Mar 17, 2007
    The funniest show I've seen in the last couple years. I've loved every episode. She's a mean, awful, totally funny chick.

1. Where her movie overstayed its welcome, the quick-shot format of TV works beautifully. The result is haphazard, amoral, ridiculous, wildly offensive...and, you know, totally hilarious.
    The Sarah Silverman Program is a welcome outlet for Silverman’s brand of outlandishness, blessedly stingy with its desire to breach mores, and much more concerned with decorating its late-night comedy turf so that it can welcome any kind of unexpected laugh: shock, parody, irony, insult humor or absurdity.
  3. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The pilot... iis actually the least funny of the three episodes I saw; in the other two, "Sarah" and the other characters are much better developed and the stories hang together better. Still, it's an acquired tastelessness.