Season #: 1, 2, 3
5.0

1. Aug 26, 2010
    the word 'pointless' imidiately comes to mind. certainly a daring attempt at postmodern comedy, but this falls well short of clever. awful acting, stereotyped characters and absurd plot developments. the humour is SO low-brow my face hit the floor. in the opening credits, sarah sings "i need to film myself while i pee" or something. i mean, who actually finds that funny? a generous scorethe word 'pointless' imidiately comes to mind. certainly a daring attempt at postmodern comedy, but this falls well short of clever. awful acting, stereotyped characters and absurd plot developments. the humour is SO low-brow my face hit the floor. in the opening credits, sarah sings "i need to film myself while i pee" or something. i mean, who actually finds that funny? a generous score of 1, simply because she's pretty hot, and a stoner :) Expand
  2. nbc
    Aug 17, 2010
    The Sarah Silverman Program is a masterpiece of vulgarity and racism. Sarah Silverman is unapologetically offensive and rude which makes her all the more hilarious. The show has its share of misses, but it usually hits right on target. I love it.
  3. MarkT
    Aug 6, 2009
    This thing is a joke. And by that I mean a very bad one. Shes not a funny person, its poorly written and time wasting. And I cant help but ask myself how much Tim Goodman was paid to write his review of the show.
  4. ChrisS
    Jul 5, 2009
    One point for being a girl. Not funny. She must be the girl on speed-dial for good head to have her own show; but she probably is no good at that either. She looks like my neighbors Whippet named "Charge."
  5. KarlM
    May 15, 2009
    Just plane and simple, on of the worst shows iv ever seen on tv.
  6. NeilM
    Nov 15, 2008
    Puerile, dull and tasteless.
  7. tonyn
    Nov 13, 2008
    Show sucks, seems she has connections to get this show on.
  8. BrianB
    Sep 24, 2008
    The show may have a juvenile, immature, self-centered, and all-around insulting lead character, but she is very funny. She pokes fun at everything our society deems as taboo, and does so with an almost child-like naivety. I think the show is great and insulting at the same time. And, her jokes should not be taken too seriously, which, I believe, is the whole point of the show.
  9. AndrewS.
    Jul 14, 2008
    It's good, if you like the ridiculous sarcasm all through out.
  10. JonK
    Mar 28, 2008
    The 2 goes to Brian Posehn, whos brilliant, unlike the rest of the cast. I really tried to like this show, but like many of comedy central's shows newer shows I relys to heavily on "shock" comedy, sans the comedy. People who like this show tend to be guys who think Sarah Silverman is just ugly, and crazy enough to get, or single, overweight women who laugh when their friends fart.
  11. KannanJ.
    Jan 28, 2008
    Awesome show. Yeah it's crude but thats part of it's charm. Also all these people giving it zero seems a bit fishy.
  12. CynthiaH.
    Nov 7, 2007
    Unfunny, juvenile, uninspired show featuring the foul-mouthed Sarah Silverman doing her usual retarded little girl with the racist attitude and potty mouth schtick. Truly awful excuse for a tv comedy.
  13. MattB.
    Nov 7, 2007
    Evolution in reverse, yep, that about sums it up.
  14. JimM.
    Nov 7, 2007
    Wow, how can anyone watch this crap??? I feel dumber after just watching the commercials on comedy central.
  15. JorgeL
    Nov 5, 2007
    I deserve a show on comedy central more than she does, I'm not even funny one bit.
  16. AndrewG
    Nov 5, 2007
    Nothing can be said except, it blows, never should have been aired.
  17. SteveR
    Fart jokes are funnier.
  18. GeorgeL.
    Nov 5, 2007
    WOW, even my show beats this one, i would even give more credit to Dave Chappelle with the constant white people suck jokes.
  19. StephanG
    Nov 5, 2007
    Sarah Silverman would be considered a ditz to a ditz, she can't come up with anything comical so she has to rely on poor shock humor that doesn't even work for her, i agree with what a lot of people said about the best part of the show being the gay couple, and i don't even like gay people at all.
  20. OliviaP
    Oct 31, 2007
    Horribly juvenile and unwatchable despite the brilliant Posehn. Silverman is the kind of comedian (which there are a lot) that thinks just because she's half-jewish that makes every self-referential joke hilarious. It doesn't. And neither does falling back on toilet humor.
  21. JayB.
    Oct 30, 2007
    Wow, cancel her.
  22. dant.
    Oct 28, 2007
    What a complete garbage of a show. all you retards that actually enjoyed it... please seek help you dumber than shet people.
  23. PamW.
    Oct 26, 2007
    I watched the first season and found some amusing and clever ideas in the show (in spite of the potty humor), but this second season is just plain awful. I stopped watching mid-episode earlier today and deleted it off the DVR. It's beyond embarrassing, and not even approaching funny or witty. Too bad, because I think a lot of talent is going to waste.
  24. NigelN.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Hilarious! I liked Silverman's work since Jesus is Magic.
  25. VinceS.
    Sep 30, 2007
    Loved every second of the show. Can't wait for the new season.
  26. TimC.
    Sep 25, 2007
    THIS SHOW SUCKS!!!!! how much longer do we have to deal with this sh.tty show wasting comedy central's air time?
  27. JoeD.
    Sep 22, 2007
    Funny thing about shock humor: Without the humor part of it, it's worthless. Rather like me standing in the middle of a mall and yelling "Gays and Jews!" There's no set-up, no context that makes it funny. The Sarah Silverman program is rather like a TV Show with Tourette's Syndrome. It yells "obscene" things really loud, a lot, and pretty randomly. Like a person with Funny thing about shock humor: Without the humor part of it, it's worthless. Rather like me standing in the middle of a mall and yelling "Gays and Jews!" There's no set-up, no context that makes it funny. The Sarah Silverman program is rather like a TV Show with Tourette's Syndrome. It yells "obscene" things really loud, a lot, and pretty randomly. Like a person with Tourette's, it does elicit an awkward chuckle the first time or two. After that, there is only an ever-increasing sense of pity for the show, and for anyone who actually does find it funny. If you are interested in shock humor that actually works, because it understands the need for set-up, context, timing, etc., feel free to check out Family Guy, South Park, recent George Carlin, the movie Bad Santa, or any number of shows/movies/acts written by people who actually have some idea how to harness their talent. It's a dang shame Sarah doesn't fall in that particular boat. Expand
  28. OlivioX.
    Sep 2, 2007
    Pure nonsense.
  29. SteveC
    Jul 14, 2007
    The character interaction and editing was a little stilted for the first few episodes, but by episode 4, this show had really hit its stride. Creative, irreverent, twisted, and hilarious, Sarah Silverman never fails to offend anyone with her sucker-punch dialog.
  30. MarkD.
    Jun 17, 2007
    I found the first four episodes to be pretty rife with unexpected and off-center jokes. I think Sarah has made a significantly offbeat comedy that can last a couple of seasons. The pacing is sort of all over the place, but that's sort of what gives it its charm. She plays a very disturbed character, and does well with it. I also give her mad props for being from New Hampshire.
  31. AndrewC.
    May 26, 2007
    This is one of the worst shows on television. The jokes seem like they're targeting six year olds, but the overall material is too inappropriate. If they reduced the offensive material you might have a show fit for the disney channel.
  32. LisaW
    Apr 21, 2007
    I tried so hard several times to give Sarah a chance to be funny or clever or original...almost got close once or twice, but overall embarassingly void of any intelligent humor...or any humor...except the gay couple, who had a little funny chemistry and timing here and there. I hope this show does not air for another season. What a waste.
  33. KA
    Mar 25, 2007
    Sarah Silverman is hysterical. It's nice to see shock humor coming from the female perspective for once. It's hard to stomach the misogyny in Family Guy after awhile!
  34. MattF
    Mar 23, 2007
    Calling this show immature doesn't even begin to describe it. It doesn't even deserve to have anything more said about.
  35. SteveG
    Mar 17, 2007
    The funniest show I've seen in the last couple years. I've loved every episode. She's a mean, awful, totally funny chick.
  36. TraciW
    Mar 17, 2007
    haha i love this show. defenatly one of the funniest things ive ever watched
  37. kevinw
    Mar 15, 2007
    boring
  38. DaveM
    Mar 13, 2007
    Excellent! The pilot was actually a little weak, but I decided to give it a second shot...glad I did. I watched all the rest and found them laugh out loud funny. Hope Comedy Central gives this a shot and a chance to find it's audience. Delightfully twisted!
  39. MelanieJ
    Mar 13, 2007
    The worst show ever, when are people going to realize she's not funny!
  40. NatC
    Mar 13, 2007
    Pretty Bad so far......hopefully will get better....Comedy Central why have you deserted me? I've had to resort to watching the networks to get a good laugh! Thank goodness for reruns of "Scrubs" !!
  41. gadzooksme
    Mar 13, 2007
    painfully unfunny. if she weren't so hot, she wouldn't even have a career, much less this awkward attempt at a television show.
  42. GeorgeD
    Mar 12, 2007
    Smug and unfunny for the most part. So her character is a selfish, insensitive brat. Big deal. Larry David plays a similarly obnoxious character but his show is actually funny. And, his character sometimes actually is right about things, which Silverman's never is. Her show won't be back for a 2nd "season."
  43. Kim
    Mar 12, 2007
    LOVE it!
  44. MattC
    Mar 11, 2007
    Yet another reason why television must inevitably die as an entertainment medium.
  45. josiahm
    Mar 11, 2007
    Absolutely terrible. Talk about the most unintelligent humor on television.
  46. JayA
    Mar 11, 2007
    I was never a fan of her standup, but this show is suprisingly good.
  47. chrism
    Mar 10, 2007
    Brilliant show.
  48. DunkelA
    Mar 9, 2007
    Tired shock humor and poo jokes- just as expected from the "great and talented" Sarah Silverman.
  49. kimberlyj
    Mar 8, 2007
    This show is not funny at all. The only people who could possibally find it the least bit amusing are white trash folks who think fart jokes are funny and have absolutely zero class and no intelligence. The writing is poor...i thought a bunch of third graders could've written funnier stuff. It's dumbed down to the absolute lowest common denominator which I find insulting...Its This show is not funny at all. The only people who could possibally find it the least bit amusing are white trash folks who think fart jokes are funny and have absolutely zero class and no intelligence. The writing is poor...i thought a bunch of third graders could've written funnier stuff. It's dumbed down to the absolute lowest common denominator which I find insulting...Its like it was written for complete morons and nothing was offensive...or clever...there is absolutely not even one clever remark or bit in the entire show...or if there was; it was ripped off from somewhere... This only proliferates the ideaology that TV does indeed destroy your brain cells and this show definately lowers the bar for entertainment. It's a sad commentaryon society and how dumbed down it has become. The humor isn't even offensive (like she's known for)...most of it is so played and over used...that it's more eye rolling than anything. If you love fart jokes and cliche phrases...this is your show. If you prefer more intelligent satorical comedy...you better look elsewhere... Expand
  50. DaveB
    Mar 7, 2007
    not hysterical, but not painful to watch either, Like a less funny strangers with candy
  51. KellyA
    Terrible
  52. FrankF
    Mar 7, 2007
    Was this supposed to be funny?
  53. JasonS
    Mar 7, 2007
    the sooner this show is off the air, the better. make more time for south park
  54. SheSucks!
    Mar 5, 2007
    Sarah's like a puerile, annoying little rinky-dink girl that you wish you could just flush down the toilet, where her simple-minded, asinine proverbial slime humor surfaced. She would be more entertaining if she were off the air, away from the eyes of the world.
  55. JeezLouise
    Mar 5, 2007
    I watched the show for about 10 minutes, and I could actually feel my brain cells committing suicide. Ms. Silverman's grating "comedy" worked on Saturday Night Live in small doses but her own show is tortuous to watch. Her offensive and obnoxious "acting" seems to define her as a person, since this is the only schtick she's got.
  56. JeffreyS
    Mar 4, 2007
    I'm a huge fan of Big S and as such really loved the pilot. As usual her unique brand of humour will be lost on some but that's to be expected. Rent Jesus Is Magic, or check her out on YouTube -- if she bugs you then don't tune in to the Sarah Silverman Program.
  57. DavidH
    Mar 1, 2007
    Her and her show sucks...Just not funny...tries the sex thing too much!
  58. SCOTTS
    Feb 25, 2007
    great writing
  61. Mark
    Feb 24, 2007
    If you don't like this show, you truly are a moron with no taste in anything.
  62. RebeccaS
    Feb 23, 2007
    Pretty funny. Bit of potty humor. C+
  63. BrandonM
    Feb 22, 2007
    This is a very funny show, Sarah Silverman doesn't dissapoint. I found myself laughing so hard I couldn't breath, however my girlfriend doesn't think it's funny I hope the show lasts!
  64. funkspiel
    Feb 21, 2007
    I love Sarah, she can lick jelly off my manhood any day. But this show is too scatological for me.
  65. lucasc
    Feb 21, 2007
    I can't understand how crap like this makes it on TV. I've watched the first 3 - havn't laughed once. Wonder if Jimmy can get me a show?
  66. MK
    Feb 20, 2007
    Very funny - if u liked Jesus is Magic - u will understand the humour - clearly not for everyone...she's no Ugly Betty!
  67. JohnnyL
    Feb 20, 2007
    love the show, it's so funny!!!!!!!
  68. DedoeH
    Feb 19, 2007
    This show is beyond annoying to me. I think Sarah Silverman is funny at times, but this show is just awful! Her high pitched whine and juvenille humor get old fast! I love Brian, but he can't carry this show with his brief appearances. My husband loves it. Just prooves that I married a giant man child.. Oh well.
  69. AndrewS
    Feb 19, 2007
    I may have found this show amusing when I was in my early teens, because the show has the sense of humor of someone who just hit puberty. The show is filled with dumb comedy, in which you don't have to use a single brain cell to try and understand what they consider "jokes" on the show. The entire series is basically the adventures of a self centered, air-headed woman out of touch I may have found this show amusing when I was in my early teens, because the show has the sense of humor of someone who just hit puberty. The show is filled with dumb comedy, in which you don't have to use a single brain cell to try and understand what they consider "jokes" on the show. The entire series is basically the adventures of a self centered, air-headed woman out of touch with reality and an extremely basic sense of humor. The audience gets to watch her interact with "normal" people, which is very silly, but not particularly funny. I personally found the show a waste of time, and it hurts my head to try and think about it afterwards. Expand
  70. NateJ
    Feb 17, 2007
    very dumb but naked trucker is much much much worse i hate that show take it off the air comedy central is to good of a network to put these shows on.
  71. RobbC
    Feb 14, 2007
    Wasn't the best but still very funny, Zach R is an Emo, and i bet you right now he is cutting himself in the corner with the lights off .
  72. DanielB
    Feb 14, 2007
    Mediocre work from a mediocre talent. She was good on Mr. Show, and that's about it
  73. NathanielO
    Feb 13, 2007
    Comparing this juvenile mess of a show to South Park or Borat is an insult to both of those original ideas. This show is more along the lines of a live action version of Family Guy in it's blatant unoriginality and extremely poor writing. "Are you God's black friend?" "Soon we can put everyone with AIDS on the moon." These are Silverman quotes that Comedy Central actually uses Comparing this juvenile mess of a show to South Park or Borat is an insult to both of those original ideas. This show is more along the lines of a live action version of Family Guy in it's blatant unoriginality and extremely poor writing. "Are you God's black friend?" "Soon we can put everyone with AIDS on the moon." These are Silverman quotes that Comedy Central actually uses in their commercials to promote TSSP. How much are they paying Brian Posehn to act in this crap? He must really need the money. Expand
  74. NormanD
    Feb 12, 2007
    I tried to watch the whole thing, I really did, but I just couldn't do it. This is the worst TV show I've watched in a long long time.
  75. BobC
    Feb 11, 2007
    For all you idiots that say this show is "juvenile", immature and what not. FYI, it's supposed to be that way, that's what makes it funny. It's originality and pure unexpected silliness is what makes it strikingly good. Sarah does a great job in this hilarious sitcom.
  76. ZachR
    Feb 11, 2007
    Like borat or south park sans the social commentary. Or in other words, shit.
  77. peterd
    Feb 10, 2007
    The greatest comic talent of her generation has taken a turn that I have found puzzling. If the humor is repulusive, there is something wrong with the humor. Hail to TV for putting on this Goddess, but a great pity that her comedy has developed in the way that it has. Of course her great talent is apparent. For anyone who has missed the idea this show is,Pee Wee's Playhouse redone The greatest comic talent of her generation has taken a turn that I have found puzzling. If the humor is repulusive, there is something wrong with the humor. Hail to TV for putting on this Goddess, but a great pity that her comedy has developed in the way that it has. Of course her great talent is apparent. For anyone who has missed the idea this show is,Pee Wee's Playhouse redone with the star now a malevelent narcissitic woman. Expand
  78. RobM
    Feb 10, 2007
    I like Sarah Silverman and have enjoyed many of the funny things she has done in the past. Sadly, this show is mind numbing in how awful it really is. After two episodes, I haven't laughed even once. Cancel this show now!
  79. MichaelS
    Feb 8, 2007
    A few kinks to work out, but with the right hazy atmosphere, this show will make you laugh with its mix of off-the-wall shifts, physical "gags," and Silverman one-liners.
  80. LiamS
    Feb 8, 2007
    If you hold the show up to any standards of realism you're missing the point.
  81. AlexW
    Feb 7, 2007
    Absolutely horrendous, the show isn't funny, is grossly inaccurate (e.g. the Robotussin scene in the pilot), and often makes the viewer want to gouge their own eyes out just to stop the pain. Seriously, possibly one of the worst shows I have ever seen in my life.
  82. timm
    Feb 6, 2007
    hahahahahahahahahahilarious seen it like 3 times already.
  83. Silverman'sMom
    Feb 6, 2007
    Zero is generous! you need negative numbers to rate this crap. I'm amazed that critics think that lines ike "I pooped" or "smells like farts" are innovative or creative. I guess the joke's on them. Maybe you need to be on something to find this crap funny. I dont.
    Feb 6, 2007
    tries way to hard to be funny but ends up being annoying
  85. Andrew
    Feb 6, 2007
    An pre-teen version of myself might have found this show to be hilarious, but Ms. Silverman is about a decade too late. Extremely childish. Comedy shows on Nickelodeon are funnier than this, and they were MADE for kids. I think this show has the wrong target audience.
  86. robbiem
    excellent
  87. Riren
    Feb 5, 2007
    Comedy Central's newest way for you to kill braincells. It's aloofness is supposed to excuse its offensive sense of humor, but nothing excuses that it isn't funny. The supporting cast shows some tiny signs of life.
  88. CindyVortex
    Feb 5, 2007
    Brilliant. Ridiculous. Imaginative. I loved this show; it was literally laugh out loud hilarious. Watched the re-run a while ago with a few friends and we were all cracking up.
  89. ajjay
    Feb 4, 2007
    Walks the fine line between offensive and hilarious and only occasionally ends up on the wrong side of the line. Shows a lot of potential to be a great comedy.
  90. JulioM
    Feb 4, 2007
    Not only funny, irreverent but witty too.
  91. NickM
    Feb 4, 2007
    the show relyed on vulger, childish, and immature comedy for a lot of it, which grows very tiring, but sarah the main character is both comical and loveable.....ill give the show another try, but i doubt ill be a dedicated watcher every week
  92. JimC
    Feb 3, 2007
    I laughed until I almost cried. I don't normally like musical comedy -- but it works.
  93. D.Shizzle
    Feb 3, 2007
    "The Holocaust was completely uncalled for", funny stuff.
  94. BillH
    Feb 3, 2007
    I never thought I would call a TV show as puerile, but there it is. The only time I even cracked a smile was when Brian Posehn tried to name three parts of a vagina. Very disappointing
  95. ElliotG
    Feb 3, 2007
    Terrific show. I couldn't stop laughing.
  96. SusanT.
    Feb 3, 2007
    Damn, this show is hella interesting. She's as funny as shit. One of the best female comedians today. Hot and vulgar. I like it.
  97. DavidW.
    Feb 3, 2007
    Sarah Silverman is awesome. If only the show were only a little bit longer....
  98. DanK
    Feb 3, 2007
    I just watched the premier episode, "Officer Jay." I'll be blunt: It was awful. The only way I can see someone enjoying this show is if he or she is already a Silverman fanatic. I don't have any particularly strong feelings toward her one way or the other, so I feel like I'm a pretty objective observer. The show was barely watchable. I stuck with it to the end in order to I just watched the premier episode, "Officer Jay." I'll be blunt: It was awful. The only way I can see someone enjoying this show is if he or she is already a Silverman fanatic. I don't have any particularly strong feelings toward her one way or the other, so I feel like I'm a pretty objective observer. The show was barely watchable. I stuck with it to the end in order to give it a proper chance, but it wasn't easy. Interestingly, I actually thought the characters' interactions were somewhat believable, and I find that this is often the biggest hurdle to overcome. It wasn't enough to get past the poor writing, however. My overall impression is that this is a show that thinks it's a lot more interesting than it actually is. I'd be interested in hearing what others thought about it. Expand
  99. VinceH.
    Feb 3, 2007
    Kinda funny...I guess. I expected more from such a funny person though. Despite the talent behind the show (Rob Schrab, Dan Harmon, Silverman herself) and the fact that I really enjoyed "Jesus is Magic", this show just didn't make me laugh...which I was assuming was the point.
  100. DavidD
    Feb 2, 2007
    The show has great potential, but it isn't as good as her stand-up act. If you like Sarah Silverman, you will love this show. Hopefully they improve in the coming episodes.

1. Reviewed by: Daniel Fierman
    Where her movie overstayed its welcome, the quick-shot format of TV works beautifully. The result is haphazard, amoral, ridiculous, wildly offensive...and, you know, totally hilarious.
    The Sarah Silverman Program is a welcome outlet for Silverman’s brand of outlandishness, blessedly stingy with its desire to breach mores, and much more concerned with decorating its late-night comedy turf so that it can welcome any kind of unexpected laugh: shock, parody, irony, insult humor or absurdity.
  3. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The pilot... iis actually the least funny of the three episodes I saw; in the other two, "Sarah" and the other characters are much better developed and the stories hang together better. Still, it's an acquired tastelessness.