The Secret Life of the American Teenager : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
5.4

1. brookea.
    Oct 6, 2008
    Its was really good and it has too many twists i cant wait for the n ext season to come up.
  2. Yasmine
    Jul 10, 2009
    This is an amazing show i have been watching it ever since the first day it premiered and i fell in love with it in the first five min. it deserves much more then a 47.
  3. VictoriaS
    Jul 30, 2008
    I watched the pilot purely because Molly Ringwald is in the show. I am now thoroughly addicted. It's definitely a guilty pleasure, because no matter how much I enjoy it, certain parts of this show really aren't well-executed. But I find it enormously, ENORMOUSLY entertaining. I think it's definitely worth watching at least once...and I personally will be watching it every week.
  4. RachaelS.
    Jul 6, 2008
    This is hands down one of the best shows I have ever watched. I can barely wait until Tuesday. You would have to be crazy not to like this show.
  5. KimL.
    Jul 6, 2008
    This show is more realistic than most shows on tv today. It sends a serious message but is entertaining at the same time. It doesn't tell kids not to do it, that just makes them want to do it more. It informs kids of the consequences and leaves the choice to them. The cast matches fairly well and most of them are very in character. the settings are very realistic as well. overall it This show is more realistic than most shows on tv today. It sends a serious message but is entertaining at the same time. It doesn't tell kids not to do it, that just makes them want to do it more. It informs kids of the consequences and leaves the choice to them. The cast matches fairly well and most of them are very in character. the settings are very realistic as well. overall it is very good. Expand
  6. May 6, 2012
    Love this show from the start. It is very very funny. Love the adult actors and the surprise guest stars. Cool to see upcoming new young actors getting there start on this show. Lots of twist and turns. Lots of talent.
  7. daslfs.
    Jul 18, 2008
    I love this show! Brenda Hampton did an amazing job with casting. Shailene Woodley is perfect for the part of Amy. I reserve my Tuesday nights just to sit down and watch this very realistic show. Keep up the good work!
  8. CupcakeWagner
    Aug 5, 2008
    I love this show! In high school, kids do have sex and they do get pregnant. There is diffidently all that drama and all those problems. Kids have problems at school and at home. They have relationships, break ups, all that. This show is a lot better than all those un-realistic teen shows.
  9. LeeH.
    Aug 5, 2008
    Good show. Being a high school teacher, I see a lot of these characters in my students. The downside is that the show drags things out too long. Things need to move at a more steady pace.
  10. AllysonF
    Aug 7, 2008
    Yes, the show might be way out in the ball park for High School drama but it brings the real views of what is on teenagers minds then the rest of those TV teen drama shows. From Labels to Religion it brings up every topic you can think of that teenagers think through. Other then the drug factor and I do for once hope they don't bring that in, it will do wonders for the plot but drug Yes, the show might be way out in the ball park for High School drama but it brings the real views of what is on teenagers minds then the rest of those TV teen drama shows. From Labels to Religion it brings up every topic you can think of that teenagers think through. Other then the drug factor and I do for once hope they don't bring that in, it will do wonders for the plot but drug opinions are crazy and won't help anything. The show brings out new meaning to the word 'Secret' because not only does the main girl act secretive she has a big one of her own and makes you wonder if she has any others. If you hate it just because it's unoriginal or unrealistic then take a look around, it's life at its funniest and TV appropriate. I know I sound like a teacher or something but if you hate it you don't have to watch it or comment it, ruining other peoples good times and favorite things can't be all there is to do in the world; I mean the main character is pregnant at 15 how about you go try getting what she has... A life. Expand
  11. GabbyR
    Aug 8, 2008
    I think this show is great i go nuts every tuesday because i love it so much. I'm hooked!
  12. DanielL.
    Aug 9, 2008
    I've seen more than 300 Teenage shows around, but none ever like this one. Since I'm just about over my teenage years, and have experienced many of what some people so call " Unrealistic situations", and i say to them "Your completely wrong.". The majority of this show represent realistic situations such as young pregnancy, which also happened to a very close friend of mine. I've seen more than 300 Teenage shows around, but none ever like this one. Since I'm just about over my teenage years, and have experienced many of what some people so call " Unrealistic situations", and i say to them "Your completely wrong.". The majority of this show represent realistic situations such as young pregnancy, which also happened to a very close friend of mine. Although the indiscreet usage of the word "sex", it has and is being used as a common word in high school lately. I'm just basing myself on the show and other people's non-sense comments. Great show! Expand
  13. DanielleT.
    Sep 5, 2008
    As someone who actually relates to the girl in this story I was a teen parent. I belive this show is an amazing example of what girls really do go through in this situation. You do lose your friends and the hardest part is telling your parents. Some may think that he parents were dense well they weren't they just didn't expect that from her because that's not the sterio As someone who actually relates to the girl in this story I was a teen parent. I belive this show is an amazing example of what girls really do go through in this situation. You do lose your friends and the hardest part is telling your parents. Some may think that he parents were dense well they weren't they just didn't expect that from her because that's not the sterio type of person that gets pregnant in high school I would know I was a straight A student. It happens and it shows that this is what its like when it does happen. Expand
  14. LisaB.
    Jan 5, 2009
    I love this show, because this kind of thing actually happens in high school. It may not happen to everyone, but it still happens. People are saying that it's unrealistic and fake, but it's not. It's true, and even though you might not be pregnant at your hiugh school, I gaurantee there is someone.. I'm 16 and know someone that just had a baby at my age.. so yes. it I love this show, because this kind of thing actually happens in high school. It may not happen to everyone, but it still happens. People are saying that it's unrealistic and fake, but it's not. It's true, and even though you might not be pregnant at your hiugh school, I gaurantee there is someone.. I'm 16 and know someone that just had a baby at my age.. so yes. it happens. That's what this show portrays. .the life of a teenager who does end up pregnant and it's interesting to see what goes on with them as people find out. i LOVE this show. =] Expand
  15. CodyD.
    Aug 30, 2009
    I just like everything about it iz a hole lot better then 7th heaven.
  16. LizzieC.
    Nov 11, 2008
    Though the portrals of the High School kids are not the most belivable I still think the show is a great idea. Right now there are a lot of teenagers getting pregnant right now and I belive some of the teenagers don't really make the connection between sex and having babies(I'm not saying that you don't get it at all you just don't think it'll happen to you).
  17. NoOneAndEveryone
    Nov 11, 2008
    My mom got pregnanat at 16. She could have had a career, a future instead she got me. She had a genuis IQ, and probably could have gone into a great school. This show, admitidly is bad, has some truth in it. I'mnot saying wait till your married, heck i'm not even saying wait till you15, just girls make sure your in charge of the protection because most guys are a little flakey. My mom got pregnanat at 16. She could have had a career, a future instead she got me. She had a genuis IQ, and probably could have gone into a great school. This show, admitidly is bad, has some truth in it. I'mnot saying wait till your married, heck i'm not even saying wait till you15, just girls make sure your in charge of the protection because most guys are a little flakey. And if you think getting pregnant will help you keep the guy you love, your dillusional, most guys will probably say the baby's not his, or don't want a baby. Most guys leave even if they do love you. You've got to remeber girls mature faster than guys, and evan though the father of the baby may love you it is not gaurenteed he will love the baby. Expand
  18. Mary
    Jul 1, 2008
    Wow I thought that was pretty good! so do all of my friends!! its a really good show!
  19. AaliyahC.
    Jul 18, 2008
    I love this show I watch it every Tuesday I even got my mom watching it it helps me feel confident about highschool (freshman)
  20. victoriac
    Jul 23, 2008
    I love this show!!!!! It has a good moral. It shows the outcome and the punishments for having sex and having a baby at age 15. The scipt is incredible and the actors are amazing! My favorite is Amy's little sister, Ashley. I will be devastated if they cancel this show. I can't wait for more!
  21. GwenB.
    Jul 6, 2008
    I LOVE this show!I wish they could air it everyday being a new one!It's a good show that teenagers should watch because it shows what will happen if you get pregnant at an early age.
  22. ElizabethZ.
    Aug 11, 2008
    This is seriously my absolutely favorite show ever! I am a 15 year old girl in 10th grade and even though a very few things are unrealistic, it does show a great deal of what really happens in high school.
  23. jaclynkate
    Aug 6, 2008
    This show gives you a good look at every aspect of high school, everyone is too caught up in their own issues and insecurities to help Amy. I think even if this show ultimately fails, it's achieved it's goal to fill us in on high school life, even if the characters of Ben and the YOUNGER sister are a bit goofy..Didn't we all know people in school that were a bit on the This show gives you a good look at every aspect of high school, everyone is too caught up in their own issues and insecurities to help Amy. I think even if this show ultimately fails, it's achieved it's goal to fill us in on high school life, even if the characters of Ben and the YOUNGER sister are a bit goofy..Didn't we all know people in school that were a bit on the goofier side? OOH, and When i was in high school, almost everyone I know was having sex by 15. I graduated in 2006. I don't know where Mark goes to school. In a tree? Expand
  24. teenmom
    Aug 6, 2008
    I cant wait till the next episode...you can tell the guys watching...I watch with my 15 year old boy and am able to use alot that goes on to get him to understand. I graduated in a small school and it is funny that alot of this actually happened in my school.
  25. DanielleC
    Jul 15, 2008
    I LOVE IT, my favorite show every me and my friends have parties every Tuesday for it we even make t-shirts every week, its nuts WE LOVE IT.
  26. WasaTeenMom
    Jul 15, 2008
    Of course this isn't every minute of every day in high school. However, these conversations, topics and situations are real high school. Unfortunately, they too are real in the middle schools. I am impressed with the writers. They don't glorify the sex, pregnancy or disobedient behavior as soaps and other shows do. They show real life outcomes the good and the not so great! For Of course this isn't every minute of every day in high school. However, these conversations, topics and situations are real high school. Unfortunately, they too are real in the middle schools. I am impressed with the writers. They don't glorify the sex, pregnancy or disobedient behavior as soaps and other shows do. They show real life outcomes the good and the not so great! For those parents who think they should not expose their teenage to this I say "You are wrong!" "You need to make this show a family affair -- and talk about the show!" Expand
  27. ateblank
    Jul 29, 2008
    This show is awesome. anything that has to do with teens and being pregnant is awesome!!!!
  28. NancyP
    Aug 19, 2008
    I am the mother of two adult children and yet I am hooked on this show! It is terrific and funny at times, like Seventh Heaven, but is definitely for older teens. It's sexual discussions are NOT for younger children, but it would be a great discussion starter for parents to use with their teenagers.
  29. NikkiM.
    Aug 19, 2008
    this show is chill it shows what a typical teenager thinks and it may seem a little complicated but come on it is themed drama but i know a Christian who is way better like godly than grace . i love this show and Ben is hot.
  30. joshp
    Nov 21, 2009
    I'm a 23 year old guy and my girlfriend loves this show. I started watching it with her and it's not THAT bad. I actually look forward to watching it now, but if you've only seen 1-3 episodes you'll want to hang yourself.. So much talk about teen sex, and arguably makes it look "cool" and "popular" to be a teen and pregnant... so some controversy there. One time i I'm a 23 year old guy and my girlfriend loves this show. I started watching it with her and it's not THAT bad. I actually look forward to watching it now, but if you've only seen 1-3 episodes you'll want to hang yourself.. So much talk about teen sex, and arguably makes it look "cool" and "popular" to be a teen and pregnant... so some controversy there. One time i counted the word "sex" being used 72 times. Expand
  31. saras
    Dec 16, 2009
    It's a great show that families and teenagers can relate to anywhere. It's real and brutally ohnest...not like all those other fake shows.
  32. Jan 2, 2012
    At first I really liked the show, just because it was from ABC and all of my friends liked it. But now, I have realized what a stupid show it really is. In just one conversation, all they really talk about is sex. My friends still like it, and they are always asking me what season I'm on, and I just say that it's a dumb show and does not have anything to do with a real high school life.At first I really liked the show, just because it was from ABC and all of my friends liked it. But now, I have realized what a stupid show it really is. In just one conversation, all they really talk about is sex. My friends still like it, and they are always asking me what season I'm on, and I just say that it's a dumb show and does not have anything to do with a real high school life. They brag to each other about where they are in the seasons, it is so annoying! Kids should not be watching shows like this. Expand

The show, like the old "90210" and "The O.C.," looks to be--from its premiere, at any rate--a top-flight series about a group of high school students, most of whom I liked immediately.
    Secret Life feels a lot more authentic than many teen dramas.
  3. It's far more realistic in scope and situations than "Gossip Girl," but there's such an earnestness and one-dimensionality to the characters that they seem a lot less believable.