• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 12, 2002
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7
9.2

1. Sep 9, 2010
    Just finished watching all seven seasons of the shield on DVD. This is definitely the way to see it. No commercial in one episode after another. In my opinion this show squashes the Sopranos. The ending was extremely visceral. I have no doubt that in a few years I will watch it again. Very satisfying.
  2. Jul 20, 2011
    This is seriously the best tv series I have watched to date. The acting is supreme, the style of shooting document-ish, there are no clues to guide your emotional reactions and you can basically react how ever you feel like. That's what I love about this show: there is no right or wrong, there are no clear answers, you have to actively interpret and decide for yourself. It shows the range of human emotions and the range of reality, in all its ugliness but also in all its goodness, which unfortunately is shadowed by the harsh reality. I wish more of tv was like this. Expand
  3. Dec 28, 2012
    One of the best shows I've ever seen. I thought the writing and acting were superb. But then, if you find things like unconventional camera angles confusing, then this show is probably not for you.
  4. Jul 16, 2012
    the acting is god awful????really!!! this is some of the best acting ever!!!! the camera angles dont suck either.....the camera work is done purposely the way it is to give the show a unique style.... it IS a brilliant show and it deserves the reviews and acclaim that it gets... its actually underrated..not enough people know about it.
  5. Jun 29, 2014
    One of the best TV shows you'll ever watch and most people have not even heard of it. The acting is amazing and the story is even better. There are consequences to everything the Strike Team has done throughout the years and this season finishes dealing them out. The finale was absolutely fantastic and emotional.
  6. Sep 9, 2010
    As far as cop shows go, The Shield never quite out-shined The Wire-- but there were moments when it came real damn close. Once you start watching you can't wait to see how they would resolve the cliff-hanger ending that was almost a trademark for each episode.
  7. Sep 3, 2010
    Unbelievably good. My heart still beats thinking about the last scene of the final episode. A triumph in acting, writing, directing and editing. Get's my vote for the best TV series of all time.
  8. May 25, 2013
    With any great TV show there is always a worry that the writers won’t be able to produce a satisfying ending. Fortunately for long-term fans The Shields final season is every bit as good as the rest delivering an epic conclusion that will keep viewers on edge right up until the very final scene.

Mackey is right where I left him years ago: again facing a disciplinary hearing that might mean the end of his career. As The Shield starts its seventh and final season, maybe it is time to say goodbye.
    All I can say, at this point, is that the first eight episodes of Season 7 are tight, unrelenting, complicated, fierce, wonderfully acted.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Season openers don't get much more incendiary: There are severed feet, a ''beef'' between rival Armenian, Mexican, and Salvadoran gangs, and a murder committed by another member of Vic's Strike Team.