The Shield : Season 7

• Series Premiere Date: Mar 12, 2002
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
9.5

1. Jun 29, 2014
    One of the best TV shows you'll ever watch and most people have not even heard of it. The acting is amazing and the story is even better. There are consequences to everything the Strike Team has done throughout the years and this season finishes dealing them out. The finale was absolutely fantastic and emotional.
  2. JG
    Oct 22, 2008
    One of the best drama shows I have ever seen. Im not sure what will fill the void once the shield is finished.
  3. JesseB.
    Sep 15, 2008
    Shows can learn alot from the show,one of the greatest shows on network Tv.
  4. Dec 28, 2012
    One of the best shows I've ever seen. I thought the writing and acting were superb. But then, if you find things like unconventional camera angles confusing, then this show is probably not for you.
  5. Jul 16, 2012
    the acting is god awful????really!!! this is some of the best acting ever!!!! the camera angles dont suck either.....the camera work is done purposely the way it is to give the show a unique style.... it IS a brilliant show and it deserves the reviews and acclaim that it gets... its actually underrated..not enough people know about it.
  6. Sep 9, 2010
    Just finished watching all seven seasons of the shield on DVD. This is definitely the way to see it. No commercial in one episode after another. In my opinion this show squashes the Sopranos. The ending was extremely visceral. I have no doubt that in a few years I will watch it again. Very satisfying.
  7. Jul 20, 2011
    This is seriously the best tv series I have watched to date. The acting is supreme, the style of shooting document-ish, there are no clues to guide your emotional reactions and you can basically react how ever you feel like. That's what I love about this show: there is no right or wrong, there are no clear answers, you have to actively interpret and decide for yourself. It shows the rangeThis is seriously the best tv series I have watched to date. The acting is supreme, the style of shooting document-ish, there are no clues to guide your emotional reactions and you can basically react how ever you feel like. That's what I love about this show: there is no right or wrong, there are no clear answers, you have to actively interpret and decide for yourself. It shows the range of human emotions and the range of reality, in all its ugliness but also in all its goodness, which unfortunately is shadowed by the harsh reality. I wish more of tv was like this. Expand
  8. BrianM.
    Sep 3, 2008
    Sorry to see this show ending, they should cancel other shows like sunny in philli and the S.O.A, what a lame boring show filled with trash on bikes.
  9. PeterJ.
    Sep 3, 2008
    Greatest TV show in the past 10 years. It is sad that there are only 12 more episodes until the end. And while the show gets a 10 from me, why wasn't it broadcasted in HD???
  10. JakeD.
    Sep 3, 2008
    A brilliant and visceral start to the new and unfortunately final season. Lots of stuff happens and we still got 12 more to go baby. Can't wait for next week.
  11. LeeF
    Sep 2, 2008
    It's been so long since I saw the last season finale that I forgot most of the threads -- should've been more of a recap, I think. I'm rooting for Vic finally going down.
  12. harryv.
    Sep 9, 2008
    The single most underated show on television.
  13. PaulS.
    Jan 11, 2009
    Phenomenal. without a doubt, one of the most riveting and fascinating dramas in television history. A true classic.
  14. TelyS
    Nov 26, 2008
    It is hard for me to imagine a better cop show than The Shield ever happening. They exposed the nitty-gritty of street-level police work with a ferocious honesty, and made you care about characters that you never thought you could care about. The overwhelming sadness that pervades the final episodes is a beautiful document of the current apocalyptic zeitgeist; tragic and poignant It is hard for me to imagine a better cop show than The Shield ever happening. They exposed the nitty-gritty of street-level police work with a ferocious honesty, and made you care about characters that you never thought you could care about. The overwhelming sadness that pervades the final episodes is a beautiful document of the current apocalyptic zeitgeist; tragic and poignant entanglement of too many self-made traps. Expand
  15. MichaelW.
    Dec 4, 2008
    THE SHIELD is probably the greatest television series I have ever watched. Beginning with Season 1 and continuing through the Season 7 finale, I was utterly enthralled with the show. Shawn Ryan created a show for the ages, and I have barely seen better acting than Michael Chiklis, Forest Whitaker, Walton Goggins, and Jay Karnes produced throughout the series. If you have not seen THE THE SHIELD is probably the greatest television series I have ever watched. Beginning with Season 1 and continuing through the Season 7 finale, I was utterly enthralled with the show. Shawn Ryan created a show for the ages, and I have barely seen better acting than Michael Chiklis, Forest Whitaker, Walton Goggins, and Jay Karnes produced throughout the series. If you have not seen THE SHIELD yet, start at the beginning ...and enjoy the ride, it's really something. Expand
  16. ScottW.
    Sep 19, 2008
    I came late to this show, thinking that nothing could beat Jack Bauer & Co on 24. How very, very wrong I was! This is by far the absolutely best thing on T.V. With season 5 being the jewel in the crown.
  17. TheKillerDynamo
    Apr 13, 2009
    Vic Mackey is a shark in an ocean of shark-hunters, but somehow he manages to keep swimming. Chiklis is an incredible actor, and he sells every minute of this show. If you haven't seen it yet, start watching from the beginning. It hooks you right from the first episode and doesn't let go until the end of the seventh season. Brilliant television. Only negative: The music at the Vic Mackey is a shark in an ocean of shark-hunters, but somehow he manages to keep swimming. Chiklis is an incredible actor, and he sells every minute of this show. If you haven't seen it yet, start watching from the beginning. It hooks you right from the first episode and doesn't let go until the end of the seventh season. Brilliant television. Only negative: The music at the title card gets pretty annoying when you watch multiple episodes in a row. Collapse
  18. Sep 9, 2010
    As far as cop shows go, The Shield never quite out-shined The Wire-- but there were moments when it came real damn close. Once you start watching you can't wait to see how they would resolve the cliff-hanger ending that was almost a trademark for each episode.
  19. Sep 3, 2010
    Unbelievably good. My heart still beats thinking about the last scene of the final episode. A triumph in acting, writing, directing and editing. Get's my vote for the best TV series of all time.
  20. May 25, 2013
    With any great TV show there is always a worry that the writers won’t be able to produce a satisfying ending. Fortunately for long-term fans The Shields final season is every bit as good as the rest delivering an epic conclusion that will keep viewers on edge right up until the very final scene.
  21. Jul 24, 2015
    A visceral, unrelenting conclusion to what is, to me anyway, the greatest show of all time. Vic's downward spiral into self destruction comes to a head in an unforgettable, devastating way; the ending one is a final master stroke from the genius writers and is delivered impeccably by Chiklis and Co. I'll return to Farmington very soon but until then, goodbye Mackey you horrible son of aA visceral, unrelenting conclusion to what is, to me anyway, the greatest show of all time. Vic's downward spiral into self destruction comes to a head in an unforgettable, devastating way; the ending one is a final master stroke from the genius writers and is delivered impeccably by Chiklis and Co. I'll return to Farmington very soon but until then, goodbye Mackey you horrible son of a b*tch. It's been a hell of a ride. Expand
  22. Nov 3, 2015
    Damn this TV shows. WHY?? WHY?? A friend recommend the DVD to me. Forced me to watch S1, doubt it at first, but then it hooked me up til the very last episode. And since then, it makes me always comparing every other cop/detective tv shows i watch :( And i hate to admit this, they all looks lame compare to The Shield. Still searching for another cop shows tht can replace it, well..atDamn this TV shows. WHY?? WHY?? A friend recommend the DVD to me. Forced me to watch S1, doubt it at first, but then it hooked me up til the very last episode. And since then, it makes me always comparing every other cop/detective tv shows i watch :( And i hate to admit this, they all looks lame compare to The Shield. Still searching for another cop shows tht can replace it, well..at least as good as the shield was, too bad still cant find 1. Damn you The Shield, u ruined my life, wish i never watched you. Expand

Mackey is right where I left him years ago: again facing a disciplinary hearing that might mean the end of his career. As The Shield starts its seventh and final season, maybe it is time to say goodbye.
    All I can say, at this point, is that the first eight episodes of Season 7 are tight, unrelenting, complicated, fierce, wonderfully acted.
  3. Season openers don't get much more incendiary: There are severed feet, a ''beef'' between rival Armenian, Mexican, and Salvadoran gangs, and a murder committed by another member of Vic's Strike Team.