The Simpsons : Season 10

• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Dec 17, 1989
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
8.5

1. May 9, 2017
    The sudden and dramatic death of the best TV show in history is here. There are some signs of life this season, but its mostly sympathy from the previous 9 years of momentum.

I remember reading at the time that Matt G and others wanted to shut the Simpsons down to concentrate on Futurama. It seems a split occurred (if true) and now the former continued on as a money generating zombie and the latter has the spirit but lacks overall in comparison.

Such a U turn in level of comedy and writing. Suddenly it's all doh i hit my head jokes with 0 substance. A real insult to the incredible achievement of the previous years work and I imagine its a sign of sabotage or hostage situation by studios and creators.

Neil Young apparently made his 80s albums as bad as possible until his label dropped him bcs he didnt like the deal he was dealt. If a similar situation is going on here I really hope they let the suffering beast go soon. After so many bad seasons hence, it seems wishful thinking.
  2. Apr 22, 2015
    9 seasons and still good to season 2 to season 10. this has to be my 3rd favorite seasons of the Simpsons. there is to many good things about this show.
  3. Dec 2, 2013
    The beginning of the tragic, drawn out end of this once magnificent show. Original material becomes very sparse as the new guard of writers takes over and tries desperately to imitate what once made it popular. This grating cycle is repeated for 12 seasons after this and still going.
  4. Jun 7, 2013
    For me The Simpsons tenth season was when we first began to see a few mediocre, but by no means poor, episodes slip into the schedule. After well over two-hundred episodes the writers began to rely on ever more outlandish premises that took away some of the clever satirical edge and social commentary it had become famed for.

Having said that any season that contains episodes as funny as

Having said that any season that contains episodes as funny as 'Viva Ned Flanders', 'Wild Barts can’t be Broken' and Homer to the Max' is still more than worthy of a nine out of ten in my book.
  5. Nov 21, 2012
    The last of the good Simpsons seasons. While watching season 10 you can tell from some episodes that the quality is starting to decline after ten years. Don't get me wrong, there are some very good episodes here but also some bad ones. Viva Ned Flanders and Im with Cupid are very funny Especially Homer in those two episodes is hillarious. However, episodes like Bart the Mother, Monty cantThe last of the good Simpsons seasons. While watching season 10 you can tell from some episodes that the quality is starting to decline after ten years. Don't get me wrong, there are some very good episodes here but also some bad ones. Viva Ned Flanders and Im with Cupid are very funny Especially Homer in those two episodes is hillarious. However, episodes like Bart the Mother, Monty cant buy me Love, The Old Man and the C Student and Lisa get's an A are very weak with just occasional laughs. Season 10 is the last one to feature Phil Hartman as Troy McLure and Lionel Hutch dew to his tragic death. Expand

There are no critic reviews yet.