8.9

1. Sep 23, 2014
    allah not-akbar

Still waiting to see an episode mocking the alleged-god allah who is entirely not-akbar.

#simpsonscreatorsCOWARDS

How cowardly are the creators for not having at the "religion" of "peace" on its twenty-something world domination attempt: convert to islam or die? no.
  2. Jul 27, 2014
    ah, The Simpsons. When was the last time you heard that phrase? Probably five seconds ago If you frequently use the internet! Has some good comedy, though mostly only laughable to older children and immature adults, so pretty much all adults who are fans of cartoon shows. I am obsessed with The Simpsons, despite having seen each episode 7,000,000,000 (seven billion) times. The humour in shows such as Family Guy or Futurama is better. Still a great show though, 8/10. Expand
  3. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    The Simpsons is the absolute most funniest show in the world (in my opinion). Every episode makes me start crying very many tears of laughter because it's so funny.
  4. Jul 10, 2014
    Los Simpson es mi serie de TV favorita. Pero sin duda aquí estamos votando por temporadas y sin duda la primera es la peor de la serie. La serie aun estaba muy verde y poco pulida. La segunda temporada fue algo mejor (no mucho mas) pero a partir de la cuarta, obra maestra.
  5. mhc
    May 21, 2014
    Entertaining classic TV show. However, it's nowhere near as funny as many people make it out to be and some episodes, especially in the later series, are just terrible. They should have ended it a few years ago, but seem determined to squeeze every last ounce of profit out of it. Homer is the star for me, the other characters can be amusing and have good plot lines, but Homer is almost always funny. Expand
  6. Mar 6, 2014
    simpsons is a well done show and lets not forget the simpsons guy homer which he is the reason that i love him and the show . which this show can get stupid sometimes
  7. Feb 13, 2014
    From season 1 to 10 The Simpsons were with no doubt the best cartoon show ever made, but since then The Simpsons constantly got worse with every season.
  8. Feb 3, 2014
    This is the best TV show of all time by far. DOHDOHDOHDOHDOHDOHDOHDOHDOHDOHDOHDOHDOHDOHDOHDOHDOHDOHDOHDODOHDOHDOHDOHDOH (annoyed grunt) (annoyed grunt) SCREW FLANDERS
  9. Jan 9, 2014
    Simply one of the BEST television shows in history, although it may have gone down hill after season 14, it still rules television, and you can't complain it's longest running sitcom in US history!
  10. Jan 6, 2014
    The Simpsons has to be my favorite tv shows of ever. one day when I was little, it came on my tv and I have been addicted to it since. I remember re watching episodes, buying the dvds and even watching the movie 15 times. Simpsons has been my best television experiences of my life and for other people too, even the show don't have the same feel to it, I would give it a 10/10 rating in a heart beat, and I would highly recommend it.(that of course you haven't seen it or been under a rock for the last 30 years) Expand
  11. Oct 14, 2013
    The Simpsons uma animação ultra-filosófica que tece criticas sobre o cotiano social americano, usando uma família com padrões éticos distorcidos, a serie equilibra humor e drama com originalidade justificando seu imenso sucesso.
  12. Sep 16, 2013
    What would this life be without the simpsons one of the best TV shows on earth. I watched this as a kid back then and I still enjoy it a crap ton to this very day long live the simpsons!
  13. Sep 8, 2013
    Probably the biggest and greatest animation series of all-time. Never gets boring! 10/10 without no doubt! The most famous tv series for sure! THE SIMPSONS
  14. Aug 17, 2013
    Completely fabulous show its my second favourite show with my first made by the same creator futurama
    but still i seem to watch this much more due to the fact there is always one channel showing this show at one time cause its simply that popular but i still only prefer futurama by a little bit but i have to give this a 10 because it went down wich i would of gave a 8 but the newer
    episodes are AMAZING the 24th season
    in my opinion has shot the show back up and for that it gets a 10!
  15. Aug 16, 2013
    The Simpsons is the greatest cartoon show of all time. No question. Some people insist The Simpson's better years are gone, that may be true but even now, The Simpson's continues to make me laugh and smile dozens of times every episode. With the most guest stars to appear on a show, it is always hilarious to see actors portray themselves and even sometimes make fun of themselves.
    no matter what anybody says! Expand
  16. Aug 3, 2013
    best show in the history of shows it is hilarious and way better than matt groenings later creation futurama witch failed to become as much of a success as the simpsons did it also is insanely popular with kids it is family apropriote and insanely funny
  17. Jul 19, 2013
    There is a reason that this is the longest running show on television. Crisp, original, and topical writing with timeless characters creates a winning formula. Job done
  18. Jul 12, 2013
    The best animated show on television, and it shall stay having that title. Even after over 20 seasons, the show still comes up with brilliant and intelligent story lines which haven't been repeated.
  19. Jun 7, 2013
    Originally conceived to only be a series of short animated segments for the Tracy Ullman Show it wasn't long before The Simpsons, with its unique mix of satire and slapstick, became a television phenomenon.

In truth the thirteen episodes found in this opening season don't quite highlight the show at its very peak but episodes like Moaning Lisa, which introduces the character of Bleeding
    Gums Murphy, and Side Show Bob's first important appearance in Krusty Gets Busted demonstrated its early potential as a show that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Expand
  20. Apr 26, 2013
    Very fun, so creative, smart and hilarious. Every episodes has some good social critic.
    Was not lucky that tv show last so much time. They got it, becouse its good.

Homer simpson is amazing stupid, i laughed so much with he.
  21. Mar 24, 2013
    Not bad of a series. Some episodes are bad, most are okay, and some are great.
  22. Mar 23, 2013
    One Of The Best Shows Of All Time!
    The Simpsons Is Still One Of The Funniest Show's Even At Season 24! Damn...
  23. Jan 23, 2013
    A good 1st season is a bright start for the next season. A nice animation cartoon that is not over the top or too boring, a searing season but lacks 1 thing. Just a bit more humuor will do the trick.
  24. Dec 31, 2012
    In season 1, the show was still the developmental stages, but and is greatly out staged by seasons yet to come. But Season 1 is still worth checking out.
  25. Dec 29, 2012
    Best cartoon show ever. It will be difficult for a cartoon to be as popular as The Simpsons. I love the show, it's really funny and it seems there is a lot of work behind. Of course, 10 marks.
  26. Dec 5, 2012
    This first series beholds some of the Simpsons' most beloved or greatest episodes, featuring hilarious and memorable gags that keep you laughing even after the episode ends, featuring charming animation and settings, this series is what made the Simpsons what it is... Brilliant. Possibly the best show held in the realms of the universe of T.V. 9.5/10.
  27. Aug 5, 2012
    This show is the pinnacle of TV comedy. It's hilarious. Every episode makes me laugh more than any other show except for Family Guy. But overall this is (in my opinion) the funniest and greatest comedy show. Also, the first ten seasons are the best. But the rest are really good as well.
  28. May 29, 2012
    Such A Amazing Show!
    It Never Gets Old! So Funny!
    I Couldnt Ask For More I Piss Myself Watching It!
  29. Feb 18, 2012
    Over the years the quality has fell yes, but it is still miles, and miles ahead of any of the dibble that comes from Seth McFaraline. Bravo to this great show.
  30. Feb 8, 2012
    What can I say about the Simpsons? Clearly the greatest animated show ever made. Season one was spectacular in it's own right as it introduced most of the main characters. What other show can boast Duffman, Apu, Doctor Nick etc etc. And Captain Wacky, Homer Simpson. My favourite show ever.
  31. Dec 25, 2011
    Original Comedy and format that cannot be beat by trashy shows like Family Guy that copied it. Truly a classic to this day after 23 years of making us laugh i still find it amusing.
  32. Dec 12, 2011
    "The Simpsons" is the show of what you call the pioneer of American comedy. It's sad to see that none of the shows these days are exciting or satirical as this one....
  33. Oct 23, 2011
    I Am Scoring Season 1.
    Simpsons Roasting On An Open Fire (Christmas Special) 10/10 A Great Debut!
    Bart The Genuis 710 Homer's Odyssey 8/10 This Ep. Has Alot Of Really Good Jokes & Writing, But Somthings Lack.
    There's No Disgrace Like Home 7/10 Called "The Worst Of The Season" But I Don't Think So Bart The Genral 6/10 Once More It Could Be A 5, Somthiings Lacking....
    Moaning Lisa 7/10 A
    Good One, But More Of A Sad One.
    The Call of the Simpsons 8/10 A Fun Plot!
    The Telltale Head 8/10
    Life on the Fast Lane 7/10 The Plot Is Very Well Writen, But It Just Doesent Stand Out To Me As "Gold"
    Homer's Night Out 10/10 A Perfect One!
    The Crepes of Wrath 7/10 Even Though It's A 7, It Still Has Good Simpsons Moments....
    Krusty Gets Busted 9/10 A Solid Good One...
    Some Enchanted Evening 10/10 My Favorite Ep. Of The Season!
  34. Oct 7, 2011
    Wow. This is the best cartoon ever!!! It might have offensive jokes, but they don't cross the line like South Park and Family Guy do. I can actually relate to Bart Simpson a little.
    The later seasons are okay to me, but the first few seasons are FANTASTIC!!!! Funny jokes, as well as intelligence and realism.
    If you haven't watched this show yet but seem interested in it, watch the first
    few seasons first, since they're better. Expand
  35. Aug 29, 2011
    This first season is a pretty good start to the amazing series. The jokes are funny and original. Sadly, some jokes move on (such as Bart's prank calls to Moe's bar), and the characters' voices change as the technology of the show enhances, but it's great overall.
  36. Jul 16, 2011
    One of the best cartoon shows ever, although Family guy did plagiarize this, I still find family guy funnier, however the simpsons is less offensive
  37. Jan 15, 2011
    Score: 9.0/10

You just cant call this "the best comedy ever." The plots here are sometikes terirble. Sometimes te jokes never work. And sometimes the script cant keep up with the plot. Bt a majourity od the episodes are good, particulary the earlier episodes of Season 22.
  38. Jan 14, 2011
    All hail Matt Groening for the best TV show EVER to step on the small screen. Homer is definitely my favourite character! So awesome that this may be one of the only TV shows that never gets old.
  39. Oct 8, 2010
    This is my favourite progamme of all time in the history of tv. The episodes are funny, the characters are funny, all of it is funny! My opinion on the characters is Homer. He is my favourite character! This is like a progamme that people all know and love and the simpsons will still be good into the future. This is a tv classic. I can't believe this movie has been going on for over 20 years! Oh my gosh! Great progamme, great characters. Expand
  40. Sep 10, 2010
    This has to be the best cartoon that I have ever watched. The cartoon itself is suited for all audiences as the more adult jokes within the cartoon have been cleverly disguised so only older audiences will understand them. There is something for everyone in this cartoon. So I strongly recommend you buy season one which is the best season out of them all.
  41. Sep 4, 2010
    One of the three most hilarious shows I've ever seen (others being George Lopez and Family Guy). This show is is Awesome. 10 out of 10! P.S. Right now there is one other ten of ten ratings and it says 8.6
  42. Aug 18, 2010
    The best cartoon show in the history of television!! It has many things: Funny smart jokes, some stupid jokes but not going over the line, some racist jokes but not going to far like Family Guy. Love this show! 10/10 period!

1. Reviewed by: John Engstrom
    Jul 11, 2013
    "The Simpsons" is both a challenge and a delight. It's also that rarest of TV fauna, a cartoon show with levels of mirth for every brain and pair of eyes in the family. [12 Jan 1990]
  2. Reviewed by: John J. O'Connor
    Jul 11, 2013
    There is, admittedly, a fine line between being hilariously perceptive and just plain, even objectionably, silly. While habitually teetering on that line, 'The Simpsons' has shown a remarkable ability to come down on the right side most of the time.
  3. Reviewed by: Richard Zoglin
    Jul 2, 2013
    [The show] has a good deal of savvy wit.... The Simpsons, however, is strangely off-putting much of the time. The drawings are grotesque without redeeming style or charm (characters have big beady eyes, beaklike noses and spiky hair), and the animation is crude even by TV's low-grade standards.