• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 10, 1999
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
8.8

1. Feb 4, 2014
    La segunda mejor temporada de los soprano despues de la Segunda Temporada, con un villano tan despreciable como carismatico, y por supuesto el primer episodio de la segunda parte de la temporada y el penultimo, los mejores capitulos de toda la serie respectivamente.
  2. Jul 19, 2013
    hilariously under rated for taking the piss out of its audience with gay cowboys and a hilariously poetic ending.

Every season of the sopranos is getting a 10 from me, along with the wire? you ask me why? because i dont have an 11 button. along with the wire, one of the shows that completely revolutionised television. there are others that can be compared, even favourably, and

Every season of the sopranos is getting a 10 from me, along with the wire?

you ask me why? because i dont have an 11 button.

along with the wire, one of the shows that completely revolutionised television. there are others that can be compared, even favourably, and there are forerunners and worthy successors, but these two shows pretty much dropped the bomb on tv.

the sopranos is better than the wire for me, but its an apples and oranges thing. this show is endlessly fascinating, incredibly rich, and effortlessly reflective of america itself. the wire further deconstructed the episodic shackles of television, and the idiot drive to pacify an audience, but the sopranos owned the narrative perspective, and the cynical portrait of the larger world it is set in. we got to know the city of omars baltimore real well from watching the wire. but tonys america is the world we are living in.
  3. Apr 1, 2013
    Brilliant final season to end the Masterpiece that is The Sopranos.One of the greatest TV shows ever constructed.Bar-none.Amazing finale that ends the saga of The Soprano family.Full of death,foreshadowing,and tension.Season 6 and season 6 part 2 most certainly deliver.
  4. Feb 10, 2013
    The sixth season had some flaws and perhaps brought some boredom to the audience in its middle. Still, there was so much symbolism and attention to details that made this season such an unforgettable masterpiece. Even nowadays with a bunch of incredible shows like Breaking Bad, Homeland and Mad Men, none has changed drama television in the way that Sopranos did. And you can argue that theyThe sixth season had some flaws and perhaps brought some boredom to the audience in its middle. Still, there was so much symbolism and attention to details that made this season such an unforgettable masterpiece. Even nowadays with a bunch of incredible shows like Breaking Bad, Homeland and Mad Men, none has changed drama television in the way that Sopranos did. And you can argue that they are as good as Sopranos was, even better. They're raising the bar on the Golden Age of TV, which is fantastic. But The Sopranos was year One. Expand
  5. Nov 22, 2013
    I take back what I said about the critics. You have respected The Sopranos giving it the lowest score of 88. And that's in Season 1 which is surprising because a lot of the fans say the best 2 seasons are season 1 and 2. I disagree I think the best 2 seasons are S3 and S5 and S6 Part II.
  6. Mar 25, 2013
    Probably my favourite ever show, but like so many fans I hated the ending. David Chase said in an interview that he didn't want to tie everything up because life isn't like that. But this is a TV show and the fans wanted to know what happened to the characters they had watched and grown attached to over the seasons. Big misjudgement. Other than that, fantastic show.
  7. DonH
    Mar 20, 2006
    The first episode was ok, but then the 2nd came along and it was pretty bad. They try to do too much in this show, especially as of late (last 2 seasons). Seems like they dont have enough good material for a hour long show, and they add 25 minutes of filler.
  8. PaulyK
    Mar 20, 2006
    This is a tentative score. The first two episodes were a bit slow. I get HBO and watch the Sopranos to gansters doing gangster stuff not to see a family drama. However this setup will be worth it once they unfold the rest of the story, eg Tony doesnt die and AJ joins the business.
  9. AndyS
    May 3, 2006
    People seem to be surprised that a couple of the midseason episodes have been sow. It is like that every season. The calm before the storm. This season has given us a new tony, something I never though was possible. I do think we need more Christopher and less Vito but I have learned to just be patient, Sopranos always delivers.
  10. MICkG
    Aug 1, 2006
    Worst season ever, yet it still gets a 7. Christoper Matsulto should win an emmy. Violence and action was lacking in this season. Tony was out for about 4 episodes coupled with the terrible 12th episode made me give this a 7.
  11. DawnA
    Mar 31, 2006
    I think this is the best season so far. I couldn't believe what happened in the first episode, Junior shooting Tony. What a shock. During the second episode I coudln't take my eyes off the screen. I can't wait to see what other surprises they have in store for us this season, hopefully another season will follow.
  12. PaulW.
    Apr 20, 2008
    Oh my dear Jesus. To do such a thing to a decent series. It was like watching a horse with a broken leg try to walk, but the man with the shotgun takes 20 episodes to finally put it out of its misery. I damn you David Chase. The stories sounded like they were written by a bunch of 16 year old girls while the dialog sounded closer to five monkeys on four typewriters. Just ouch.
  13. EdJob
    Dec 9, 2006
    I thought this was the WORST Soprano's season. I am very dissapointed.
  14. AndyB.
    Mar 13, 2006
    As they said in the NY Times, the new series has started with a bada-bang! We've got conflict and dilemas galor, just the way Sopranos fans like it. I can't wait to see more.
  15. romanmc
    Mar 13, 2006
    Should have listened to Janice, Tony.
  16. Melissa
    Mar 24, 2006
    AWESOME! The second episode of season 6 showed just how talented David Chase is. BIG thumbs up to all of the writers!
  17. junestugots
    Mar 20, 2006
    Not half as good as the past seasons. Was NOT worth the wait
  18. Timothy
    Mar 29, 2006
    The best show on tv hands down is not the Soprano's, it is the Shield!! Trust me I love Tony..but Vic Mackey..ha ha!!
  19. JakeT
    Apr 1, 2006
    I dream about the Sopranos
  20. TomS
    Jun 5, 2006
    How can anyone say otherwise?
  21. JackM.
    Oct 17, 2007
    There are TV dramas. And then there's The Sopranos.
  22. MoLo
    Jan 3, 2007
    While the season was very well written, it did use a cheap tactic on the audience to draw attention it didn't deserve. Every episode was about creating tension between characters and, since it is the last season, you buy into every little fight with new weight because you were told it was going to end. But, HBO announced suddenly that the season was to be extended. As a result, While the season was very well written, it did use a cheap tactic on the audience to draw attention it didn't deserve. Every episode was about creating tension between characters and, since it is the last season, you buy into every little fight with new weight because you were told it was going to end. But, HBO announced suddenly that the season was to be extended. As a result, almost every episode they aired borderlined on uselessness because they were all about emphasis on a threat that was not there. Expand
  23. markv
    Apr 1, 2007
    season 6 shows still the most intelligent writing and acting on tv. nothing else but best show ever
  24. JohanneS
    Jun 10, 2007
    For so long my family has been in tuned with the Soprano. We loved the show but the ending was a great disapointment. People are saying that there were 3 endings predone. The one that was chosen to end the show was not a good choice. I and my family was so frustrated. We lived and arranged our lives around this show and the last episode was a cop out.Was very disapointed. What happens For so long my family has been in tuned with the Soprano. We loved the show but the ending was a great disapointment. People are saying that there were 3 endings predone. The one that was chosen to end the show was not a good choice. I and my family was so frustrated. We lived and arranged our lives around this show and the last episode was a cop out.Was very disapointed. What happens with Pauly Walnuts? What happens with Sil? What happens with the soprano family.? I know that you want us to end it, which is a cop out. It should have been completed instead of the ending you showed. Too many loose ends. Thios is my opinion. Expand
  25. dustyn
    Jun 11, 2007
    With all due respect, the Sopranos' final episode deserves none. It was disgraceful. Nothing happened for the first 55 minutes, and then a buildup over four minutes (as mobsters follow the four Sopranos into a restaurant)leads to not-fade-to-black, but an unplugging of MY cable. If they have a committee who sits roundtable and reviews copy before its produced, they should pass out With all due respect, the Sopranos' final episode deserves none. It was disgraceful. Nothing happened for the first 55 minutes, and then a buildup over four minutes (as mobsters follow the four Sopranos into a restaurant)leads to not-fade-to-black, but an unplugging of MY cable. If they have a committee who sits roundtable and reviews copy before its produced, they should pass out guns and whack one another. This was the worst fiasco in TV history. But it serves the purpose of a late 2008 HBO or feature film. Overall grade: F Expand
  26. DavidC.
    Jun 15, 2007
    Greatest show ever.
  27. JennP
    Jun 30, 2007
    Tony got whacked, or viewers could at least use their imagination. Watch the final episode again and watch for all the signs pointing to death. If you know the relationship in The Godfather between oranges and death, you will get the picture. Brilliant ending by David Chase!
  28. robertp
    Dec 12, 2006
    the sopranos makes me wanna be made.
  29. Michael
  30. TomB
    Mar 13, 2006
    The best show on TV and perhaps the best show ever just started off with a bang. This is so far ahead of its peers it's a joke.
  31. ScottS.
    Mar 13, 2006
    It was OK but keeps leaving too many hanging plot lines.
  32. AaronK.
    Mar 13, 2006
    I don't know how it could be any better for a season premiere, but I am sure that the writers found a way to make the rest of the episodes get even better. What an amazing first episode!
  33. MikeH
    Mar 14, 2006
    After an uneven 5th season and a long time off, the first episode of the 6th season was fantastic. This episode creatively explained what had happened in the last 18-months while hinting at many fun things to come. This episode ranks up there with the best from the first couple seasons.
  34. KenL
    Mar 18, 2006
    This is not Television, this is great and lasting art. The emotional, visceral, tale telling will live long after us. Molto Bene, mi piace molto.
  35. VitoG
    Mar 19, 2006
    I must be missing something. To me this is, and has always been a long drawn-out soap opera with a little bit of violence added to relieve the boredom.
  36. RonaldW
    Mar 20, 2006
    Poor show. What a waste of time. Certainly one thing is true. Tony is on life support and the show is right there with him. No Tony...No SHow. The rest of the crew can;t pull his weight.
  37. EricK.
    Mar 21, 2006
    The Sopranos is a series that has become far too aware of itself and self-important. It has ruined what started as a good series and a revolutionary approach to crime drama. As the accolades rolled in so did the swelled ego and puffery which manisfested itself in awful self-indulgent 'artistic' daliances like preposterous dream sequences for example that really became painful The Sopranos is a series that has become far too aware of itself and self-important. It has ruined what started as a good series and a revolutionary approach to crime drama. As the accolades rolled in so did the swelled ego and puffery which manisfested itself in awful self-indulgent 'artistic' daliances like preposterous dream sequences for example that really became painful for the viewer to endure. The first episode of the new season, while not being bad per say, was really quite arbitrary. If you like shows like CSI and Law and Order, then you might have found it appealing. The cliffhanger was a cheap gimmick meant to set tounges wagging and to ensure return viewership. To do it a second week running was pitiful. The second episode was laughable, mainly because it was relying on the two children to carry the emotional brunt of the acting. The mom is capable of this, but it became painfully apparent how out of the touch the producers of this show have become when they allowed these two so much screen time. You could almost smell the stench of contract negotiations and leverage being used by their agents to make sure they had episodes of a certain amount of screen time. The sad fact is that the girl is barely a decent actor but the boy is atrocious. His efforts onscreen were as wooden as a pair of Dutch clogs. When they stopped showing After School Specials, I thought a certain breed of actor had died out, but he has proven me wrong. His acting made the alleged personal moments between him and his father in the hospital make you want to either cry because it was so bad, or bust a gut laughing for the same reason. The kids were initially meant to be bit-part players but subsequent storylines have thrust them to the fore at times. The truth is they are only bit-part caliber actors and their attempt at the actual craft have left them horribly exposed. Turning AJ from worthless, spoiled, nihilist, pot-head to hippie raver was a particularly heavy-handed and contrived effort from the writing staff. We get it-- he is a disaffected, dissatisfied kid who is hurt by what his father does and is in awe of him at the same time. Thank you very much for that. Finally if you want to see brilliantly realized characters and real inspiration in a crime drama, you only have to look as far as The Wire. It is the truly most underrated show I've ever watched. American viewers are so attracted to the familiar, in the case of the Sopranos, the mafia genre. The Wire deals with a city that is not a popular city. It isn't pretty and the problems are real and ugly. The characters are amazingly realized and the storyline is breathtakingly complex, weaving good and bad politicians, police chiefs, street criminals, drug king pins, hustlers, good cops and bad cops into one amazing fabric that shows us in original ways how sometimes these people are the same people. I'll admit, it is hard to get up to speed on the Wire, but do yourself a favor and rent the first couple of seasons, you'll be rewarded with an amazingly satisfying television experience. It is a show that actually lives up to it's hype. Expand
  38. KayC
    Mar 26, 2006
    Am I wathcing the same show as the critics? I'll watch it because it started out as my favorite show, but it's no longer a "must see."
  39. JulianM.
    Mar 26, 2006
    Dream sequences??? That's been around since tv began. It's jumped the shark. I loved this show and I have been bored to death with these 2 episodes. The acting is out of control. I love Edie Falco - Oz, etc. But she is terrible in this b/c it's so worn out to begin with. the realtionships between normal life and crime, family anf friend ties - all that is now a saccharine Dream sequences??? That's been around since tv began. It's jumped the shark. I loved this show and I have been bored to death with these 2 episodes. The acting is out of control. I love Edie Falco - Oz, etc. But she is terrible in this b/c it's so worn out to begin with. the realtionships between normal life and crime, family anf friend ties - all that is now a saccharine sob fest about poor Tony. Expand
  40. julsw
    Mar 27, 2006
    This show is thrilling, intelligent, honest, gritty, wonderfully written and beautifully acted. Nothing on TV and very few movies compare
  41. KellyW
    Mar 27, 2006
    Tony Soprano, I love you!
  42. SkipR
    Mar 28, 2006
    Amazing that the non-critics have a problem with the fleshing out of these now-familiar characters. I LOVE the fact that the writers are challenging our intelligence. If viewers want predictable, I suggest... Well, pretty much anything on network TV. P.S. Eric K., whether it's fair or not, your opinions do carry more weight if you know how to spell.
  43. ChristinaV
    Mar 28, 2006
    This season of The Sopranos was definetly worth the wait. Although the first episode was a bit boring, the next two made up for it. Watching Tony struggle to discover his true identity through his dreams while in coma was so interesting. Can't wait to see what's coming up!
  44. Cables
    Apr 17, 2006
    The show is moving at a leisurely pace because it is coming to a close, not because it has run out of ideas. They're setting us up for the last 8 episodes, which should be amazing. I loved the dream sequences just as i loved last season's dream episode. It's great to see a show take chances with it's writers and cast. The second best show on TV behind Entourage.
  45. DrewG
    May 24, 2006
    Are we kidding ourselves? The show has run its course, and we all know it but we just don't say anything because we used to love it so much. Let's just face it the Sopranos got fat, and just ain't as hot as it used to be. I'm starting to hate the characters, and we're retreading through the same character dilemmas. The last 9 or whatever episodes better kick it Are we kidding ourselves? The show has run its course, and we all know it but we just don't say anything because we used to love it so much. Let's just face it the Sopranos got fat, and just ain't as hot as it used to be. I'm starting to hate the characters, and we're retreading through the same character dilemmas. The last 9 or whatever episodes better kick it into way high gear. Because if anything, the sixth season should be remembered as the season that was kind of a chore to watch. Expand
  46. JeffC
    Jun 12, 2006
    I can't believe what this show has turned into since it's beginning seasons. This '06' season was as bad as anything I have seen on TV never mind comparing it to the first few seasons. The list of disappointing, wastes of time that run rampid throughout the episodes this year are astounding. The wastes of time are the storylines that go nowhere, the useless time spent I can't believe what this show has turned into since it's beginning seasons. This '06' season was as bad as anything I have seen on TV never mind comparing it to the first few seasons. The list of disappointing, wastes of time that run rampid throughout the episodes this year are astounding. The wastes of time are the storylines that go nowhere, the useless time spent on Carmela, the son, Pauly, etc., that amount to nothing. The poorest follow through on potentially great storylines, is the crux of the Sopranos. I am not one who is looking for a gun fight, killing, beating, etc. every episode, but for the love of god, RESOLVE something!!! Complete a story on someone!! Stop giving all the good characters diseases, sicknesses, cancer!! What the heck!! This season had so much potential and so many directions it could have gone, and they blew it big time. And how fitting they wasted the whole last episode on Christopher doing drugs...again and nothing happening.....and what a shock that Phil had a heart attack. So let's wrap up the season: Pauly-prostate, Sil- Asthma, Tony-shot, Vito-gay, Phil-heart attack, Chris-drugs, J.Sak-arrested, Bobby B- eye patch, and on and on. Could they "woosify" this show anymore?? Bottom line...waste of time and waste of a great show. I hope a director out there in Hollywood is watching and will make a spin off of the Sopranos and do it right. It would be so easy to make a great 5 years out of all the storylines that died in the Sopranos. Expand
  47. JasonT
    Jul 2, 2006
    Let me just say this before you read: I've seen only seasons 1 and 6 of the Sopranos, currently watching season 2. The first 4 episodes of season 6 were good with tony in the hospital being shot by his uncle junior, and his coma dreams were metaphorical (just the way I like them), but the rest of the episodes, and I mean all of them, were unlike the absolutely fantastic episodes of Let me just say this before you read: I've seen only seasons 1 and 6 of the Sopranos, currently watching season 2. The first 4 episodes of season 6 were good with tony in the hospital being shot by his uncle junior, and his coma dreams were metaphorical (just the way I like them), but the rest of the episodes, and I mean all of them, were unlike the absolutely fantastic episodes of season one. they barely advanced throught the lives of the characters, putting in boring sub-stories that seemed random and unnecessary. The ending of season 6 was a bit of a dissappointment, too. I was expecting something ultra-dramatic to end it off. Season 6 started off pretty well, but all in all, was the worst of them all. I'm still going to watch tne final 8 episodes in January (i must see how it ends) so hopefully the writers will realize their mistake and make Season 7, which is the last season, much better. Collapse
  48. Eon
    Jul 22, 2006
    No, it isn't any worse now.. Now it is a bit...different. Like all the good movies it contains "the light at the end of the tunnel" , and the end is quite near now.
  49. JoeM.
    Aug 23, 2006
    I have been keeping up with the Sopranos since the very first season, and since I watched the first episode I have been captivated by the show. As you watch each season you become more and more connected to each character, almost as if they were real and not just acting. This show is in my opinion, the best television drama ever created, and no one can possibly make a negative judgement I have been keeping up with the Sopranos since the very first season, and since I watched the first episode I have been captivated by the show. As you watch each season you become more and more connected to each character, almost as if they were real and not just acting. This show is in my opinion, the best television drama ever created, and no one can possibly make a negative judgement about it, especially when they have only "seen the first and sixth season". Although the ending of season sixth was quite tranquil, we can still expect a very climactic ending. People that have kept up with the show since the beginning will recall Tony telling Dr. Melfi that the only way out of his line of work is death or the can. So that is what we have to expect. Tony and Christopher who are both my favorite characters will most likely be the ones that will be the most disappointing to see end. But, thats just the way things go. Expand
  50. PabloG
    Sep 4, 2006
    EASILY the worst season of the series. I'm guessing the critic's ratings came from the first episode which was fantastic, but the season as a whole was very mediocre. You would get one great episode, then a couple of duds, then another good one, then three more duds with one good storyline in them. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. I really hope the Final 8 aren't as bad as these were.
  51. JoshB
    Feb 22, 2007
    I actually really liked it. I mean, it wasnt as good as the fifth season, but i think its kind of been given too much of a bad rap. there was some exciting stuff there. people have gotta stop breaking its balls.
  52. IrfanB
    Apr 16, 2007
    Greatest show on television!
  53. JAMIEK
    May 23, 2007
    next to Dexter, and 6 Feet under ... Sopranos is the best ... I'm so sad it's almost over ...
  54. kyndrac
    Jun 10, 2007
    i can not belive that you could actually end a show that everyboby has been watching for years. If they make a movie I will never watch it or or rent it ever
  55. RM
    Jun 10, 2007
    I was thoroughly disappointed in the finale. I was so hyped.... what a let down
  56. JediMaster007Bond
    Jun 12, 2007
    I know the finale was bad but this is one of the best shows ever it is great a lot of the episodes would make my Top 100 greatest. You really can't get any better just a better ending to the finale which was actually good a 9.9 would have been 10 if not for the end.
  57. HF
    Jun 13, 2007
    Chase is a visionary. Sometimes it's hard for us mere mortals to absorb the brilliance at first. But given time we catch on.
  58. DawnR
    Jun 14, 2007
    I heard it would be a controversial ending that would cause a lot of discussion, but I guess I thought that would be due to the great story line; not a gimmick ending. Still, the best show on TV, in my opinion.
  59. PeterM.
    Jun 15, 2007
    The Audience has Died, No longer are we Tony Soprano when we watch, that is the loss viewers feel, Symbolism is a strong tool view it as you will, and you will be as contented as me! 10/10
  60. Jenn
    Jun 17, 2007
    This show was amazing and the finale was far from a let down. David Chase left the ending open so people could use their imaginations. People obviously do not have the skills to create an ending of their own. David Chase made it very clear that the ending was wide open to Tony getting whacked. Remember the cut scene when Bobby and Tony talk about getting shot? Reflect and discover that This show was amazing and the finale was far from a let down. David Chase left the ending open so people could use their imaginations. People obviously do not have the skills to create an ending of their own. David Chase made it very clear that the ending was wide open to Tony getting whacked. Remember the cut scene when Bobby and Tony talk about getting shot? Reflect and discover that the ending was not a disappointment, but amazing! Expand
  61. DougG.
    Jun 19, 2007
    People want catharsis, conclusions, and closure. Life isn't like that. Whether you believe Tony got whacked or that life went on for the Sopranos, it does not matter. To leave the decision up to us, the viewers, was a bold and interesting way to end a brilliant series. Would any other ending have generated so much passionate debate? I don't think so.
  62. RM
    Jul 24, 2007
    A better effort from a show that pretty much exhausted itself a couple of years ago. But whereas not as mainstream, there are a handful of dramas out there I feel, like The Wire. Season 6 has an entertaining plot (an improvement on the last couple of series) and a clever ending, but there are bits which I find a bit cheesey or lame, like the kids - again. All I am trying to point out is A better effort from a show that pretty much exhausted itself a couple of years ago. But whereas not as mainstream, there are a handful of dramas out there I feel, like The Wire. Season 6 has an entertaining plot (an improvement on the last couple of series) and a clever ending, but there are bits which I find a bit cheesey or lame, like the kids - again. All I am trying to point out is that the Sopranoes is one of the best things TV has had (way better than Lost or 24), but if you look harder there are even better dramas out there that stand the test of time unlike the Sopranoes, so good that if you don't like them, there is something wrong with you not the show. I just think the Sops is a little over-hyped now. Expand
  63. DaveQ
    Jan 13, 2008
    First of all I'm not going to say how "amazing" this show is (we already know that), you would have to be extremely ignorant not to realize what this show has done for TV. The show has always tried to replicate life in its most brutal and honest from the very first scene to the very last from the perspective of Anthony Soprano. If you haven't watched the show or just casually First of all I'm not going to say how "amazing" this show is (we already know that), you would have to be extremely ignorant not to realize what this show has done for TV. The show has always tried to replicate life in its most brutal and honest from the very first scene to the very last from the perspective of Anthony Soprano. If you haven't watched the show or just casually watched a few episdoes you make think that its just about the mob (TV version of the godfather), but that couldn't be further from the truth. David Chase has created a show that is the modern day equivalent to Shakespeare and Yeats masterpieces. The show explores themes far beyond the moral problems associated with the Mafia and Standard life, the ending in particular shows this. So why not give it a chance? Make your brain happy by watching something that makes you ask the questions that has troubled our society from the dawn of time. It is simply one of the greatest TV dramas of all time, and led way to other amazing dramas such as Six Feet Under and The Wire. Its a shame that a lot of other user comments haven't given this show a second thought, because once you dig a little dipper you will be pleasantly surprised. Expand
  64. JohnT.
    Dec 4, 2008
    Not only the best television show of the last 50 years, but the most important one of all time. An extraordinary mix of violence, humour and profound family insights your ever likely to find on american television. Or antwhere else for that matter.
  65. EdmundK
    Aug 16, 2009
    First, it's NOT the best or most important show on television, The Wire is. It is a brilliant show, but season six part is a ridiculous letdown. The thing with Christopher came from nowhere, (spoiler alert), Tony had no more reason to kill him than he did in season one, Chris hadn't been messing up any more than he ever had, and their relationship was as good as ever when they First, it's NOT the best or most important show on television, The Wire is. It is a brilliant show, but season six part is a ridiculous letdown. The thing with Christopher came from nowhere, (spoiler alert), Tony had no more reason to kill him than he did in season one, Chris hadn't been messing up any more than he ever had, and their relationship was as good as ever when they went on their road trip just a few episodes beforehand. The way they "concluded" Meadow's story after not covering her properly for years was ridiculous, bringing Parisi's hitherto unmentioned son into the forray as a last minute attempt to wrap things up with her. The war with New York made even less sense. With Leotardo's constant changes of heart, (I'm out of the game, I'm back in the game! Why? Who knows? Maybe it's because there's nobody else in New York with enough profile to lead against Tony). What makes less sense still is his war hungry consiglere going from backing the absorbtion of New Jersey to betraying his Boss Phil. What's more, why would New York want to reconcile with what they can easily annex? By all accounts, Jersey is little more than a "glorified crew". Agent Harris' U-Turn was laughable too. I can't even begin to fathom an explanation for it...a Sopranos fan told me before that he was being groomed all the way through the show to be an inside man. I've watched all six seasons in the last month and can say with certainty that his turning was a season six part two phenomenon, at a streatch, maybe, a six part one aswell. Even still, apart from some, bizarre friendship, maybe, there's no reason for Harris to work with or for Tony. He doesn't like Phil? OK? He'll risk federal indictment for it. The final two episodes I did like, despite AJs hopscotching from government hating, to wannabe Marine, to depressed, to happy...it was dizzying. Still, I thought the last two episodes were good and am a big fan of the final scene. I didn't like how readily Chase seems to have bought into the 'War on Terror' idea, an issue for most of the show, but particularly for the final season. Although occasionally showing glimmers of enlightenment, (eg: when AJ points out that the government/military allowed Al Qaeda to escape the Tora Bora mountain system, only to consider further plans to bomb Iran), he then plays on US zenophobia by using AJ's viewing of Al Jazeera as a method of showing just how far he has fallen, despite the various accolades it has received for it's independent nature, (including a Webby award, and one from the Index on Censorship). It seems, Chase is willing to use what I assume he is more intelligent thn to believe is true, that an Arab news site, even if it is the only independent, (ie:non-governmentally controlled) one in the Arab world, must, by virtue of being Arab controlled, be extremist, fanatical and fundamentalist. (What'smore, a well-read, politically minded girl like Meadow would know more about Al Jazeera.) I still think even this season was far far better than the vast majority of what's on television. It obviously doesn't deserve a zero, but casual reviewers and critics alike seem keen on bowing down on bended knees before the monolithic creation of David Chase and insist on giving it as many thumbs up as they can muster without any sort of critical analysis, especially in comparison to the earlier seasons' brilliance. I feel that this zero is a necessary counterbalance. Expand
  66. PaulG.
    Mar 12, 2006
    Completely worth the wait.....tonight's episode had me out of my seat at the end.
  67. JaredB
    Mar 12, 2006
    Not the greatest Sopranos entry, but overall better than anything the last season has had to offer so far. Still the best show on television, period.
  68. FrankieG.
    Simply amaaaazing!
  69. S.L.O.
    Mar 13, 2006
    Still better than most anything on TV in the last 10 years, but the initial episode of Season 6 was as bloated and flabby as many of the characters on The Sopranos. One hopes there is better to come and that this obvious classic will not wrap as poorly as did "Seinfeld" at the end of its run.
  70. TedM.
    Mar 13, 2006
    I'm starting to wonder if the real life mafia is taking its cues from the TV series.
  71. DavidM.
    Mar 13, 2006
    To The guy that wrote this quote: "Was i watching the same show that all the critics that gave it a 100 were? This once great show lost its spark midway through last season and ended on a dull note. Other then the first episodes final 5 minutes, the dullness has not gone away!!!!" You couldn't have said this any more WRONG. This is the best show on television by far. It evolves and To The guy that wrote this quote: "Was i watching the same show that all the critics that gave it a 100 were? This once great show lost its spark midway through last season and ended on a dull note. Other then the first episodes final 5 minutes, the dullness has not gone away!!!!" You couldn't have said this any more WRONG. This is the best show on television by far. It evolves and develops and consumes your thoughts. It is the multilayered, emotional draining, epitomy of what television is capable of if you break all of the rules! Thank You, Sopranos! Expand
  72. PeggyK.
    Mar 14, 2006
    Left me literally gasping & unable to think about anything else all evening.
  73. TonyB.
    Mar 14, 2006
    The first episode of the season shows once again why "The Soprano"s gets my vote as the most overrated television drama series ever.
  74. JenniferH
    Mar 27, 2006
    I love the sopranos . I am glad he is not on support anymore, the dreaming was getting a tad boring. My only comment is how they have portrayed nurses is terrible. I wish one of the nurses would get wacked. It is embarrassing to be a nurse and see how they treat family and patients.
  75. BigFan
    Mar 27, 2006
    Intricate, unpredictable, riveting. One of the most well written shows on television -- a facinating combination of the banal moments of life (showing us that yes, even mob guys lead boring lives some days) and complex psychological studies that the characters themselves often aren't aware of. This season has started off auspiciously, with quite a different tone than past years. Intricate, unpredictable, riveting. One of the most well written shows on television -- a facinating combination of the banal moments of life (showing us that yes, even mob guys lead boring lives some days) and complex psychological studies that the characters themselves often aren't aware of. This season has started off auspiciously, with quite a different tone than past years. Christopher seems more self-important with Ad gone. The whole Tony coma dream was an intriguing device to explore broad themes (identity, what makes you who you are, responsibility) in a way that otherwise might not have been possible. And I haven't laughed as hard at probably anything else in the series than Christopher's movie pitch. I just love how this show has always, and contiunues to, seamlessly flow between seriousness, comedy, interpersonal drama, and brutal violence, without undermining any of it. Fantastic. If you don't get it, you're missing out. This is great art, not CSI. A show that isn't *all* plot ain't bad, you know! (Coming from a confessed fan of 24.) Expand
  76. MathewD.
    Apr 13, 2006
    The Sopranos is easily the best television show of the last ten years (gaps between seasons notwithstanding). There is a reason why there are metaphysical and philosophical questions being asked this time around--because the show is about duality, spirituality, and the difference between right and wrong...This is the height of art, albeit pop-art, and the sense of impending doom every fan The Sopranos is easily the best television show of the last ten years (gaps between seasons notwithstanding). There is a reason why there are metaphysical and philosophical questions being asked this time around--because the show is about duality, spirituality, and the difference between right and wrong...This is the height of art, albeit pop-art, and the sense of impending doom every fan feels for our anti-hero's demise is deservedly felt...writing is spectacular as always and, again, WELL worth waiting for. Expand
  77. RonS.
    Apr 19, 2006
    season 6 is definitely a slow one, but they are just building it up for a spectacular ending.
  78. JackSmack
    Jul 29, 2006
    Judging from the reader scores posted, this show goes right over the heads of most people. No wonder it is getting canceled. Sad.
  79. JohnC
    Mar 31, 2007
    may be one of the slowest and most contemplative seasons but it nevertheless packs as powerful an emotional punch as the rest of them.
  80. DzzrtR.
    Jun 13, 2007
    Felt a little rushed, but a very good episode with a dozen or more great moments. A cynical but honest conclusion to a story about the battle for a man's soul, in which the soul finally lost, and in losing, exerted a gravitational corrupting effect on his family. That's the meaning of the blackout. The darkness, the contamination, the corruption is who they are now. We watched Felt a little rushed, but a very good episode with a dozen or more great moments. A cynical but honest conclusion to a story about the battle for a man's soul, in which the soul finally lost, and in losing, exerted a gravitational corrupting effect on his family. That's the meaning of the blackout. The darkness, the contamination, the corruption is who they are now. We watched these people because they were interesting, but they cannot be interesting anymore. They're lost. The ending was great, I thought. Expand
  81. addiem
    Nov 25, 2006
    first 3 episodes of Sopranos Season 6...a big dissapoitment
  82. Dec 4, 2012
    I'm reviewing the final season because 1) It's the only one with an actual critics score 2) because my opinion is on the entire series so it had to be either on the first or the last one's reviews 3) to rebalance its undeserved lower user score 4) because it doesn't matter, this show has never decreased in quality, and I dare you to name another series of nowadays of which the same thingI'm reviewing the final season because 1) It's the only one with an actual critics score 2) because my opinion is on the entire series so it had to be either on the first or the last one's reviews 3) to rebalance its undeserved lower user score 4) because it doesn't matter, this show has never decreased in quality, and I dare you to name another series of nowadays of which the same thing can be said and that is THIS long. It's perfect and I wouldn't even know how to express that. The most realistic portrait of human psychology to be ever aired, installed into what could actually even pass for a decent stand-alone mainstream series plot, except it wouldn't be the same and the point of the series would be lost but it's just to give you the idea. The "other side" of the series, the criminal part, is just as realistic as the psychological portrait. It's... I don't know, so real. It's the Sopranos. One day I hope I can do a review worthy of this show and that doesn't sound like fanboyisms mashed together, but until that day I won't even dare (save for this pseudo-review). Expand
  83. May 23, 2014
    This may be the best season of The Sopranos. Only because the name of the show is "The Sopranos", and in season 6 the Sopranos, especially Tony, become the most vulnerable and interesting to watch.

1. There's enough classic "Sopranos" action -- some of it involving extreme physical violence -- to remind the average person that where the Sopranos are is not where most of us want to go. Yet at the same time, these episodes repeatedly return to the ways in which the Soprano clan, in its desperate, sometimes twisted and sometimes touching way, seeks to embrace family values.
    This is the best the drama has been in some time.
    The Sopranos unfolds at a more absorbing and imaginative level than TV's strongest series, from ABC's Lost and Grey's Anatomy to Fox's 24 and House.