The Sopranos : Season 6

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 10, 1999
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
8.8

1. Feb 4, 2014
    La segunda mejor temporada de los soprano despues de la Segunda Temporada, con un villano tan despreciable como carismatico, y por supuesto el primer episodio de la segunda parte de la temporada y el penultimo, los mejores capitulos de toda la serie respectivamente.
  2. Jul 19, 2013
    hilariously under rated for taking the piss out of its audience with gay cowboys and a hilariously poetic ending.

Every season of the sopranos is getting a 10 from me, along with the wire? you ask me why? because i dont have an 11 button. along with the wire, one of the shows that completely revolutionised television. there are others that can be compared, even favourably, and

Every season of the sopranos is getting a 10 from me, along with the wire?

you ask me why? because i dont have an 11 button.

along with the wire, one of the shows that completely revolutionised television. there are others that can be compared, even favourably, and there are forerunners and worthy successors, but these two shows pretty much dropped the bomb on tv.

the sopranos is better than the wire for me, but its an apples and oranges thing. this show is endlessly fascinating, incredibly rich, and effortlessly reflective of america itself. the wire further deconstructed the episodic shackles of television, and the idiot drive to pacify an audience, but the sopranos owned the narrative perspective, and the cynical portrait of the larger world it is set in. we got to know the city of omars baltimore real well from watching the wire. but tonys america is the world we are living in.
  3. Apr 1, 2013
    Brilliant final season to end the Masterpiece that is The Sopranos.One of the greatest TV shows ever constructed.Bar-none.Amazing finale that ends the saga of The Soprano family.Full of death,foreshadowing,and tension.Season 6 and season 6 part 2 most certainly deliver.
  4. Feb 10, 2013
    The sixth season had some flaws and perhaps brought some boredom to the audience in its middle. Still, there was so much symbolism and attention to details that made this season such an unforgettable masterpiece. Even nowadays with a bunch of incredible shows like Breaking Bad, Homeland and Mad Men, none has changed drama television in the way that Sopranos did. And you can argue that theyThe sixth season had some flaws and perhaps brought some boredom to the audience in its middle. Still, there was so much symbolism and attention to details that made this season such an unforgettable masterpiece. Even nowadays with a bunch of incredible shows like Breaking Bad, Homeland and Mad Men, none has changed drama television in the way that Sopranos did. And you can argue that they are as good as Sopranos was, even better. They're raising the bar on the Golden Age of TV, which is fantastic. But The Sopranos was year One. Expand
  5. Nov 22, 2013
    I take back what I said about the critics. You have respected The Sopranos giving it the lowest score of 88. And that's in Season 1 which is surprising because a lot of the fans say the best 2 seasons are season 1 and 2. I disagree I think the best 2 seasons are S3 and S5 and S6 Part II.
  6. Mar 25, 2013
    Probably my favourite ever show, but like so many fans I hated the ending. David Chase said in an interview that he didn't want to tie everything up because life isn't like that. But this is a TV show and the fans wanted to know what happened to the characters they had watched and grown attached to over the seasons. Big misjudgement. Other than that, fantastic show.
  7. Dec 4, 2012
    I'm reviewing the final season because 1) It's the only one with an actual critics score 2) because my opinion is on the entire series so it had to be either on the first or the last one's reviews 3) to rebalance its undeserved lower user score 4) because it doesn't matter, this show has never decreased in quality, and I dare you to name another series of nowadays of which the same thingI'm reviewing the final season because 1) It's the only one with an actual critics score 2) because my opinion is on the entire series so it had to be either on the first or the last one's reviews 3) to rebalance its undeserved lower user score 4) because it doesn't matter, this show has never decreased in quality, and I dare you to name another series of nowadays of which the same thing can be said and that is THIS long. It's perfect and I wouldn't even know how to express that. The most realistic portrait of human psychology to be ever aired, installed into what could actually even pass for a decent stand-alone mainstream series plot, except it wouldn't be the same and the point of the series would be lost but it's just to give you the idea. The "other side" of the series, the criminal part, is just as realistic as the psychological portrait. It's... I don't know, so real. It's the Sopranos. One day I hope I can do a review worthy of this show and that doesn't sound like fanboyisms mashed together, but until that day I won't even dare (save for this pseudo-review). Expand
  8. Jun 2, 2016
    Surely, what was the meaning of the final? Was that abrupt black screen Tony's dead or was that a pen-portrait for us to understand flurry of the Tony's life? We cannot know, I think it's not important neither. Because we are not sure for now and we cannot know what is true, just like Tony in every part of his life.
  9. PaulyK
    Mar 20, 2006
    This is a tentative score. The first two episodes were a bit slow. I get HBO and watch the Sopranos to gansters doing gangster stuff not to see a family drama. However this setup will be worth it once they unfold the rest of the story, eg Tony doesnt die and AJ joins the business.
  10. AndyS
    May 3, 2006
    People seem to be surprised that a couple of the midseason episodes have been sow. It is like that every season. The calm before the storm. This season has given us a new tony, something I never though was possible. I do think we need more Christopher and less Vito but I have learned to just be patient, Sopranos always delivers.
  11. MICkG
    Aug 1, 2006
    Worst season ever, yet it still gets a 7. Christoper Matsulto should win an emmy. Violence and action was lacking in this season. Tony was out for about 4 episodes coupled with the terrible 12th episode made me give this a 7.
  12. DawnA
    Mar 31, 2006
    I think this is the best season so far. I couldn't believe what happened in the first episode, Junior shooting Tony. What a shock. During the second episode I coudln't take my eyes off the screen. I can't wait to see what other surprises they have in store for us this season, hopefully another season will follow.
  13. AndyB.
    Mar 13, 2006
    As they said in the NY Times, the new series has started with a bada-bang! We've got conflict and dilemas galor, just the way Sopranos fans like it. I can't wait to see more.
  14. romanmc
    Mar 13, 2006
    Should have listened to Janice, Tony.
  15. Melissa
    Mar 24, 2006
    AWESOME! The second episode of season 6 showed just how talented David Chase is. BIG thumbs up to all of the writers!
  16. Timothy
    Mar 29, 2006
    The best show on tv hands down is not the Soprano's, it is the Shield!! Trust me I love Tony..but Vic Mackey..ha ha!!
  17. JakeT
    Apr 1, 2006
    I dream about the Sopranos
  18. TomS
    Jun 5, 2006
    How can anyone say otherwise?
  19. JackM.
    Oct 17, 2007
    There are TV dramas. And then there's The Sopranos.
  20. markv
    Apr 1, 2007
    season 6 shows still the most intelligent writing and acting on tv. nothing else but best show ever
  21. DavidC.
    Jun 15, 2007
    Greatest show ever.
  22. JennP
    Jun 30, 2007
    Tony got whacked, or viewers could at least use their imagination. Watch the final episode again and watch for all the signs pointing to death. If you know the relationship in The Godfather between oranges and death, you will get the picture. Brilliant ending by David Chase!
  23. robertp
    Dec 12, 2006
    the sopranos makes me wanna be made.
  24. TomB
    Mar 13, 2006
    The best show on TV and perhaps the best show ever just started off with a bang. This is so far ahead of its peers it's a joke.
  25. ScottS.
    Mar 13, 2006
    It was OK but keeps leaving too many hanging plot lines.
  26. AaronK.
    Mar 13, 2006
    I don't know how it could be any better for a season premiere, but I am sure that the writers found a way to make the rest of the episodes get even better. What an amazing first episode!
  27. MikeH
    Mar 14, 2006
    After an uneven 5th season and a long time off, the first episode of the 6th season was fantastic. This episode creatively explained what had happened in the last 18-months while hinting at many fun things to come. This episode ranks up there with the best from the first couple seasons.
  28. KenL
    Mar 18, 2006
    This is not Television, this is great and lasting art. The emotional, visceral, tale telling will live long after us. Molto Bene, mi piace molto.
  29. julsw
    Mar 27, 2006
    This show is thrilling, intelligent, honest, gritty, wonderfully written and beautifully acted. Nothing on TV and very few movies compare
  30. KellyW
    Mar 27, 2006
    Tony Soprano, I love you!

1. There's enough classic "Sopranos" action -- some of it involving extreme physical violence -- to remind the average person that where the Sopranos are is not where most of us want to go. Yet at the same time, these episodes repeatedly return to the ways in which the Soprano clan, in its desperate, sometimes twisted and sometimes touching way, seeks to embrace family values.
    This is the best the drama has been in some time.
    The Sopranos unfolds at a more absorbing and imaginative level than TV's strongest series, from ABC's Lost and Grey's Anatomy to Fox's 24 and House.