• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 10, 1999
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
8.7

1. May 23, 2014
    This may be the best season of The Sopranos. Only because the name of the show is "The Sopranos", and in season 6 the Sopranos, especially Tony, become the most vulnerable and interesting to watch.
  2. Feb 4, 2014
    La segunda mejor temporada de los soprano despues de la Segunda Temporada, con un villano tan despreciable como carismatico, y por supuesto el primer episodio de la segunda parte de la temporada y el penultimo, los mejores capitulos de toda la serie respectivamente.
  3. Nov 22, 2013
    I take back what I said about the critics. You have respected The Sopranos giving it the lowest score of 88. And that's in Season 1 which is surprising because a lot of the fans say the best 2 seasons are season 1 and 2. I disagree I think the best 2 seasons are S3 and S5 and S6 Part II.
  4. Jul 19, 2013
    hilariously under rated for taking the piss out of its audience with gay cowboys and a hilariously poetic ending. Every season of the sopranos is getting a 10 from me, along with the wire? you ask me why? because i dont have an 11 button. along with the wire, one of the shows that completely revolutionised television. there are others that can be compared, even favourably, and there are forerunners and worthy successors, but these two shows pretty much dropped the bomb on tv.

the sopranos is better than the wire for me, but its an apples and oranges thing. this show is endlessly fascinating, incredibly rich, and effortlessly reflective of america itself. the wire further deconstructed the episodic shackles of television, and the idiot drive to pacify an audience, but the sopranos owned the narrative perspective, and the cynical portrait of the larger world it is set in. we got to know the city of omars baltimore real well from watching the wire. but tonys america is the world we are living in.
  5. Apr 1, 2013
    Brilliant final season to end the Masterpiece that is The Sopranos.One of the greatest TV shows ever constructed.Bar-none.Amazing finale that ends the saga of The Soprano family.Full of death,foreshadowing,and tension.Season 6 and season 6 part 2 most certainly deliver.
  6. Mar 25, 2013
    Probably my favourite ever show, but like so many fans I hated the ending. David Chase said in an interview that he didn't want to tie everything up because life isn't like that. But this is a TV show and the fans wanted to know what happened to the characters they had watched and grown attached to over the seasons. Big misjudgement. Other than that, fantastic show.
  7. Feb 10, 2013
    The sixth season had some flaws and perhaps brought some boredom to the audience in its middle. Still, there was so much symbolism and attention to details that made this season such an unforgettable masterpiece. Even nowadays with a bunch of incredible shows like Breaking Bad, Homeland and Mad Men, none has changed drama television in the way that Sopranos did. And you can argue that they are as good as Sopranos was, even better. They're raising the bar on the Golden Age of TV, which is fantastic. But The Sopranos was year One. Expand
  8. Dec 4, 2012
    I'm reviewing the final season because 1) It's the only one with an actual critics score 2) because my opinion is on the entire series so it had to be either on the first or the last one's reviews 3) to rebalance its undeserved lower user score 4) because it doesn't matter, this show has never decreased in quality, and I dare you to name another series of nowadays of which the same thing can be said and that is THIS long. It's perfect and I wouldn't even know how to express that. The most realistic portrait of human psychology to be ever aired, installed into what could actually even pass for a decent stand-alone mainstream series plot, except it wouldn't be the same and the point of the series would be lost but it's just to give you the idea. The "other side" of the series, the criminal part, is just as realistic as the psychological portrait. It's... I don't know, so real. It's the Sopranos. One day I hope I can do a review worthy of this show and that doesn't sound like fanboyisms mashed together, but until that day I won't even dare (save for this pseudo-review). Expand

1. There's enough classic "Sopranos" action -- some of it involving extreme physical violence -- to remind the average person that where the Sopranos are is not where most of us want to go. Yet at the same time, these episodes repeatedly return to the ways in which the Soprano clan, in its desperate, sometimes twisted and sometimes touching way, seeks to embrace family values.
    This is the best the drama has been in some time.
    The Sopranos unfolds at a more absorbing and imaginative level than TV's strongest series, from ABC's Lost and Grey's Anatomy to Fox's 24 and House.