The State Within : Season 1

7.9

1. meg
    Jul 1, 2007
    One of the best tv series we've seen. We watched it this week when there were terrorist incidents in London & Glasgow.
  2. BenD
    Feb 20, 2007
    another good bbc show
  3. alastairp
    Mar 1, 2007
    gripping and very plausible drama. held my rapt attention.
  4. TonyT
    Mar 2, 2007
    very good. kept you interested thru the whole 7+ hours. worth watching.
  5. richk
    Sep 6, 2009
    Got my attention and kept it. Fast pacing never let up, but a few periods of reflection would have been nice. Sometimes implausible, Nice insights into what is likely actually going on. The intensity developed until the very end, like a good page turner. Replay came in handy!
  6. GloriaC
    Feb 25, 2007
    the last half hour was missing! Another BBC show was aired. VERY A NNOYING! Now I will have to buy the dvd to see ending or is that how it was planned?
  7. EdT
    Feb 27, 2007
    Joins MI-5 (Snoops) as some of the best espionage drama on the big or small screen. I'd have given it more points, I think, if I'd seen it in1 or 2 episodes without commercials. Terrific!
  8. JohnM
    Feb 28, 2007
    Fast pased and really enjoyable to watch. This was a real treat. BBCA has been doing an outstanding job on its series and mini-series presentations.

By the time the many story threads link up... "The State Within" has an unstoppable momentum that’s as good as the best of "24."
  2. A rip-roaring thriller... that pulls off the rare trick of being both massively intelligent and unbearably intense.
    Quick confusion in grasping the conspiracy web is understandable, but that doesn’t mean this series’ many hours... aren’t sufficiently tense and jarring to warrant your time. But if you’re even a mildly cynical A-section reader and/or devourer of suspense novels, and especially if you’ve enjoyed the many fine British multipart political thrillers that have graced our airwaves, like To Play the King and A Very British Coup and State of Play, then The State Within will seem either too familiar or too diffuse.